Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

e30 help

ok well heres the thing i got gas the other day and the car suddley quit on me wouldn't start nothing , i found out the gas ended up having more water then gas in the tank from the gas station so i drianed the tank in hopes to be nothing but water and gas, predictions were as i thought right... then tested with a 12v battary charger to see if the pump was still in working order it seemed alright it hummed and normal shit so i put everything back to gether ran a fresh tank of gas with gas line anti freeze through it to remove all sediments of left over water prolblem unsolved as the gas yety again had water in it this time i took every last drop of gas out put 4 bottles of gas line anti freeze in and let it sit for a day while i had my fuel pump sent out to be rebuilt as it was now screwed .... got the pump back yesterday installed it car fired up first crank ( but i held it for a minute to send gas up to the motor) bamn fires up problem is it sounds like a diesel motor now and is knocking so i did the pull the plugs and checke them shit cleaned them up everythings all good untill i hit a snag this is were i need help. i pulled plug wire 1 to see if it made a difference in sound and nothing but i pulled plug 3 and it made a big differenace sounded like the motor was ready to quit , so i swapped out plugs 3 and 1 to see if it was a plug problem , problem is not the plugs at all and i dont know if its a distributer wire or not now i need some one who can free up a hr or 2 to come and lend me a hand you will be paid in either beer and pizza or some money i just need help asap by some one who knows alot about e30 motors thank you.

CALL ME AT 905 563 6668 ask for Brandon
BrAnDoNs~E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
noid
5th Gear Member

If you were closer to burlington i would lend you a hand.
noid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

i am close to burlington like a 15 minute drive max could really use a hand if any ones willing to help out
Old 07-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
325isdan
5th Gear Member

maybe you have too much antifreeze in there or not enough gas???
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
BigD
the misanthropist

Check that you have spark on #1, pull out the lead and hold it against the valve cover as someone else cranks (try to get the rubber boot off). If you can't, pull out the plug, or use a spare one, plug it into the plug wire, put the body of it on the valve cover and have someone crank. If you see spark then you could have an injector problem... maybe worse, not sure what this knocking sound is like that you're talking about.

Did you get any further?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #6
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

well i pulled the plug #1 and it was wet pulled plug #3 and it was dry so i swapped them to see if it was a plug problem and its not when i go throught the pkugs pulling the wires off and on one by one i notice a sound difference but when i pull #1 no differance is this possibly a distributor or wire problem?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
maybe you have too much antifreeze in there or not enough gas???
no i had recomended amount of gas in with the gas line anti freeze...... if any one has any suggestions add me to msn its the easiest way to get a hold of me brandons_02@hotmail.com

Last edited by BrAnDoNs~E30; 07-06-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

i swapped wires 1 and 2 around and the motor actully sounded way better then last night, pulled the #1 plug its dry. but im still on the fence about it because with out actully having all the wires correct i cant propely diagnos this as the main reason for not running right i need a #1 wire to test it can anyone at all come with either a spare one or let me borrow the current one on there car to see if this is my problem
Old 07-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
noid
5th Gear Member

dont switch wires. Your messing up the firing order.
noid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

i know im not sapose to but i had to to figure out if its a wire problem rotor or cap problem
Old 07-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

i pulled the plugs to see if it would spark or not
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #12
BrAnDoNs~E30
1st Gear Newbie

noids coming over to help me ill keep u others up dated

Display Modes Rate This Thread