Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:39 PM   #16
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
People want to see quality cars (try and get some Lambos,porsches,ferraris at the show)
who in their right mind would buy a lambo to put it in a show, where so many ppl can touch and scratch it? same with ferrari...porsche, well ppl do that a lot.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 02-03-2003 at 11:18 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #17
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
who in their right mind would buy a lambo to put it in a show, where so many ppl can touch and scratch it? same with ferrari...porsche, will ppl do that a lot.
thats the stupidest thing i ever read, why buy a ferrari and drive it when you hit another car? like thats the exact same thing man, they bring it to shows for it to be seen, besides whoever scratches one will get a baseball bat in the face, same with going into a parking lot, why park it when people can clip it with their doors

Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:17 PM   #18
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sith
thats the stupidest thing i ever read, why buy a ferrari and drive it when you hit another car? like thats the exact same thing man, they bring it to shows for it to be seen, besides whoever scratches one will get a baseball bat in the face, same with going into a parking lot, why park it when people can clip it with their doors

sith...you know how a packed show is, ppl wear jackets...and zippers can easily scratch paint...imagine how many lil kids there are in a show? they are running around and might scratch the paint....paint for a ferrari or lambo isnt cheap (PPG paint)...get my point?

are you gonna take a baseball bat to a lil 6yr olds face who was running around?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 02-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #19
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

I agree with jeremy, At speedorama all the trophies said class champion.

You don't feel like you won somthing when everyone has the same exact trophy. I'd try and stay away from $20 to get in.

If you get some amarican car clubs to come over you'll at least have somthing new to show people. Lets face it the car show scene is getting a little repeditive.

Other than that your last show was kickin Count me and Sidd in for the NEXT show.
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:21 AM   #20
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

From vendor point of view... price is fairly steep. This point of view will differ from a spectator but you have to limit the stage shows etc.. or make them at a specific time. Vendors pay to endorse their shop, therefore the more stage attractions the less marketing time available for them. Don't get me wrong, i love the shows but if vendors pay such a fee they want maximum exposure. Electricity... you guys have to do something about that price aswell... That was ridiculous at the first episode (price). Grouping cars... Its nice to have segragated cars but this causes people to 'stick' to the specific sectors. If they were all mixed, maximum exposure to the vendors can be achieved, and makes the show seem larger than it really is. When you see a room of hondas, after the 5th civic they all start looking the same. Atleast mixing them up allows variance in people's observations. You can still limit entrys, 200 hondas, 100 bimmers.. etc... Put a minimum level restriction of modifications required for entry.

Spectator P.O.V.. 10-15 for admission... no more than 10 for parking, as long as there is security in the lot. Maybe photo opps. with models or feature cars, another source of revenue (rather than reflecting this in admission). Maybe if you have a breaking competition, allow open entries with say a 10 cover to subsidize the price of the winner. Basically try to keep admission down but find other ways to provide entertainment. Set up a basic intenerary, handing them out. Judging.. 2-3 judges per car... eg. one for appearance the other for performance. Atleast this will decrease the chance of biasness (covers the asses of the judges aswell). Award specific plaques for the trophies.

I have many more suggestions just tell me if you want me to continue.
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:33 AM   #21
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Keep those suggestions comming guy/gals! There are some really good ideas!

What about a complete engine building/tuning? Custom decal/pinstriping session? Custom ICE install? All during the show time?
Old 02-06-2003, 02:53 AM   #22
openwheel
Gamite's Lil E34 Bitch

Send a message via MSN to openwheel
I like the idea of a build during the show, whether it is an ICE install or full body modification.

Have the classes separate, like clean stock cars, then euro mild, the euro wild. Have classes for engine, interior and paint and so on. Will keep the spectator moving through the show, without it feeling repetative (SP).

I like having vendors at shows, but they all sell the same thing, must be tough when the guy beside you sells the same thing for $5.00 less. Having the vendors spaced out selling specific items for a certain crowd should work for both the vendor and spectator.

The music -trance or hip hop, but it should not be the focus. Biggest problem I have with Darknights is the Autosound section just sounds like a mess. everyone blasting stereos.

Also, IMO too many things going on distract from the show, BMX dispalys, fashion shows??? DJ mixing and breaking comp fit the lifestyle, but too much takes away from the atmosphere.

Lighting should be low, but the cars shoudl be highlighted. Toronto Auto show is a good example- if you go at night. lights are low, but the cars look great.

Price- $15.00 to $20.00 is the norm so why change now, but it should be an all day pass-just for the day purchased mide you, but this whole no re-entry thing is BS... OOoopppps I left my camera in the car and I have to gt this picture. Costs you $20.00
And paying for parking i just a fct of life in Toronto, so that should not even factor in
openwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:55 AM   #23
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

What do you mean when you say engine rebuilding etc.. on site? If this is what you meant i dont think it will work too well, first the mess associated with a rebuild, second whose motor, third what kind of motor, fourth half the people wouldn't know what a rocker was or what the rings are used for etc.. An idea i had that is similar to yours though is workshops held by certain vendors. Have a workshop on basic sound dynamics and wiring techniques, parallel vs. series. Explanations of what certain items do eg. why go coilovers rather than cutting springs. Pretty much educate people as to the consequences of cutting corners. This will atleast have many outcomes one of which would be disproving fallacies such as intakes and exhausts netting 45hp. Window banners or tinting on site would be another idea (i know of a shop that would probably do this). Select your tint and/or window banners etc... and have it installed on site.

Don't know about anyone else but when i use to go to shows i always wanted to come back with something.. light bulbs were kinda gay and coilovers were a little more than pocket money. Now introduce a new product/service and everyone will benefit further subsidizing the cost of the show.

How about a car wash? eg. say a bikini car wash, 5 bucks a car on entry to the parking lot... everyone wants their ride looking its best at a show even in the lot. So 15 for park and wash or 10 for just parking.

Gimmicks like these will attract more spectators and more funds to use for other activities or sheer profit. Maximum utility will be achieved by all!

Damn i should get a job as a consultant or set up my own damn show!! lol...

ps... make sure the parking lot is not dirt like dknights...

Last edited by ThE bRoWn GuY; 02-06-2003 at 03:01 AM.
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #24
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Naked dancing girls!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 01:57 AM   #25
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

i second that bmw745i !
Old 02-08-2003, 05:30 AM   #26
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
Naked dancing girls!!!!!!!!!
HOT naked dancing girls...not just any girl lol

Old 02-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #27
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
GIRLS! I want to see some hot female models! And I want them to grope my car (and me!) while I take pictures!!

Aside from that, music is a simple yet effective way to create an awsome atmosphere at any show. Maybe a known DJ or something could spin, and give us some air-time at whatever radio show they work for.

and a bikini contest always brings huge crowds at the nopi shows, so why not have one too =)

I'd also like to see a variety of vendors there showcasing the newest products for our cars. This way I can get to see some parts in action before I make my purchases.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:57 PM   #28
Marecar
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Marecar
Considering the repetitivness of the shows like this we need something new. I agree with Rob89 introduce some exotics. I know those are hard to find and riskey as E46 lover mantioned but it would be cool to se a carera ... Girls are a must some in a bikini kontest and some just to walk around and pose with cars. I think posing girls are very important. Food !!!! (and not just pizza pizza with a tiny slice for 3 bucks). Vendors are ok, they bring revenu to the show so tickets can be less
Tickets idealy $10 is the best honestly if it was like 20 bucks i wouldnt come. think about it for me and my bro 40 bucks tickets, 10 parking maby a hotdog or two and 60 bucks gone.
Instals on the show like engine .... and little stuf i think is wicked idea and it is doable.
also on the spot window tinting is amazing idea as long as the price is at least the same as it is regularly in the shop. I think its better to make a show somewhere out of down town ( highway accessible) cause of many reasons: parking, cost of renting the facility, hassle to get to downtown...
DJ competition and live music (stay avay from live rap music) is an awsome idea, ppl are there to have fun and see something they dont every day.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:59 PM   #29
Marecar
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Marecar
OH
IF somehow you can bring a dyno to the show OH MAN
Old 02-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #30
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Thanks a lot for the info guys.... I will surely take note and see what I can do about certain things.

Exotic cars wise: I know a dealership that can possibly supply us with some Ferrari's and Diablos (maybe some Max members can persuede their parents? (*cough*MOE*cough*)

Installs: This will have to be done in a seminar type fashion with times posted prior for maximum attendance, obviously the motor swap won't be completely done there (lack of tools) but a raised motor on a cherry picker with a prepped engine bay should answer enough questions.

Girls: No shit. The more, the merrier... i'll try and get a good selection of ethnicity aswell to make everyone happy.

Admission: We'll try and keep it as close to $10 as possible ($15 maybe)... point well taken

Parking fee: We'll try to include it, maybe a shuttle service from somewhere?

Entertainment: We're working on celebrity appearances for everyone and DJ's coming to spin different types of music on an hourly basis (not everyone wants to hear Jungle for 6 hours straight).

Dyno/Tinting: Depending on how much it costs to have the dyno there, we'll look into it (for BimmerCruize '03 only)... they have a mobile dyno that comes to Mosport every so often. I don't think the window tinting is a good idea, if you really want your windows, done... just go to a place on your own time.

Keep 'em coming guys... I love hearing this shit. What makes a car show good is the crowd, and the only way to please a crowd is to give them what they want.

Randy

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 02-10-2003 at 04:19 PM.
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: