Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Do any of you have savings in any euro banks

Do any of you have savings account in a reputable bank in the EU? Are interest rates better then Canadian or American? What kind of rate to expect?
If Yes,
Is there a way to open saving account as a Canadian citizen? Can you access the funds from Canada? Do you have to fly in to open an account or it can be done online/telephone? Are savings in Euros, or it can be CAD $ US$

Thank you
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

I have one, i dont remember the rate, but it was better then here...Had no problem opening with Canadian papers...Some banks wont let you, or have BAD rates for non residents...It ALL depends on the bank you deal with...and amount of $$$$$ you want to put in
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
lvan
6th Gear Member

Fill depends on the rate. It would be nice if you can give me some example how the interest accumulates. TD gives just below $50/month on $25 000.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

there is a list of all the banks and their interest rates in Canada, cant find it but its around. ING is probably one of the highest.

though truth be told, if u really want to make good interest rate return you need to look into GIC's or fixed 5 year terms, etc.
more then 4% return per year is the max ud be able to find on a savings acount.... if ur lucky..

also think of safety. In Canada you money is insured. If the bank flops youll get your money. With a EU bank, they have different rules... So do u really want to risk your life savings like that?

Last edited by sirex; 06-15-2008 at 10:25 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
lvan
6th Gear Member

I appreciate the feedback. The TD rep mentioned something about GIC's and fixed terms. 5 year terms go as high as 5-6%. Gotta see him again to talk about that. I agree with the security issues. Canada is way to go when it comes to that.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #6
sirex
King Sirex

some of the options they have with TD is a step program.
So something like a 5 year locked term thing. First year u get 3 percent. second year 3.5, etc, etc. and on the 5 year u get like 5%.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #7
lvan
6th Gear Member

That's about right. BMO offers some cashflow for 100K+. I am not sure but I think they offer 500 per / month on 100k. They are targeting seniors and older people. I am a lazy bum. My co-worker works 70-80ish hours a week, even for him it would be hard to full off 100k before he is 24-25.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: