Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2003, 05:17 PM   #16
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Audi A3

I still say that Audi should bring over it's S3...
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #17
bart320i
6th Gear Member

I don't think any real bmw enthusaist will buy this model. The 3 series will still be the entry level rwd car available so who cares
Old 02-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #18
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
i like it, but i dont want it cheap so alot of people have it.. like benz c230
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:19 PM   #19
MatyBMW
4th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MatyBMW Send a message via Yahoo to MatyBMW
The BMW CEO stated that he didn't want to make a production front wheel drive vehicle. I hope he sticks with his guns on this one.

In a way I guess it is good because BMW will have a much larger market share being able to compete with civics, corollas, etc.

Having said that, low to mid income individuals will be able to afford the 1-series which will means high volume of sales.

This means more money can be dumped into R&D which could mean better Bimmers in the future.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #20
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Will the 1-series even make it to north america?
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #21
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
See thats what I originally thought when I first saw these cars. But remember with the current aftermarket craze for compact hot rods going on, bmw knows what they are doing. Off the lot, they are a laughing stock, but I think that you will be able to inexpensively make a monster out of the 1 series. I mean if there was a choice between a compact civic and a compact BMW, what would you pick??
My words exactly, Sir.

I'l make a better one later...
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 09:08 PM   #22
bart320i
6th Gear Member

every ricer in town is gona sell their civic and get one of these. Then you will see street fighter and shogun body kits made by Wings West on these cars. Then neon lights, ractive cherry bom exhaust and every cop in town will be targeting bimmers. Bad for us
Old 02-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #23
22b
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 22b
Quote:
every ricer in town is gona sell their civic and get one of these. Then you will see street fighter and shogun body kits made by Wings West on these cars. Then neon lights, ractive cherry bom exhaust and every cop in town will be targeting bimmers. Bad for us
i agree, damn ricers. these 1-series are cheaper than new accords and civics so people are gonna start ricing these bmw's out and the bmw standard will drop. but im sure bmw will sell a lot and get some good profit
Old 02-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #24
Sylak
2nd Gear Member

i always found that little BMW Hatch were nice! the ancien E36 318 was really cute... and a Low cost BMW could be nice... i could buy a new BMW... BUT as you all said, If it's FWD ... it WONT be a REAL bimmer... And every little Rice boy will buy to impres there chick ' yo man, what'sup... i so cool and rich a i got a Bimmer...' they'll put M badge on it...
i'll stick with my E30!! Or buy a E36 one day... They should Bring de E46 3 Hatchback here.. they are cute... they just got them in europe!
Anyway... BMW his the compagny who got the higher profit in the world... and they want more...

Last edited by Sylak; 02-01-2003 at 11:10 PM.
Sylak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #25
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ti Compact
They should bring back the ti...hopefully the 1-series will be RWD, not just a MINI with a BMW grille and fender treatment.

I don't think it would cheapen the BMW name as long as it's RWD, and has the requisite BMW handling and ride- and it doesn't look cheap. Also, the 1.6 is way to small for NA market...for Europe, it'd probably be okay...the M42/M44 1.8/1.9 should be a KILLER in that car.

The next Initial-D based on a small German hatchback???????
THEY STILL HAVE THE TI's actually in europe, they call them the COMPACTS and they have 3 series engines, i BELIEVE, i dunno if you've seen it!!
i think it looks kinda UGLY its what a RICH SPOILED kid would get if he wants to buy a civic!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 12:59 AM   #26
MatyBMW
4th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MatyBMW Send a message via Yahoo to MatyBMW
RWD 1-series

My roomate says that he read about the president of BMW international saying that they WOULD NOT produce a 1-series with FWD because "it would canablize the mini sales". As you all know minis are FWD.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:32 AM   #27
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Re: Cheap

Quote:
Originally posted by MatyBMW
I agree with you. That will cheapen the BMW name. Its pretty sad that BMW is going to this level.
Their original strategy from BMW was to flood the market with 3-series as their entry-level vehicle. Now with the 1-series and given the fuel costs this car will find a home with many individuals.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 04:00 AM   #28
PBalla
3rd Gear Member

What does Kompressor mean?
Old 02-02-2003, 04:16 AM   #29
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pharshballa
What does Kompressor mean?
Supercharger
Old 02-02-2003, 06:33 AM   #30
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bart320i
you know, your RIGHT, i never thought about it like THAT!!

*ALL CHANT* DOWN WITH 1 SERIES RICERS!!!!!!
but i still think that BMW knows what they're doing, keep in mind its an OLD good company that is GERMAN at heart, and those germans are VERY stirict and organized with things!!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: