Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
QUEEN AJAILA
SHATTA M3

Send a message via MSN to QUEEN AJAILA
Ebay Question

Are these products any good any one with experience?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98...spagenameZWDVW

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...m310053207459&
QUEEN AJAILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
maroli
6th Gear Member

danger danger....
tubo's and chips, unless from a reputable company, aren't the stuff to futz around with...especially when the two are combined
maroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
QUEEN AJAILA
SHATTA M3

i thought so dont know much about these stuff but wheres a good place to go
Old 05-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
maroli
6th Gear Member

hmmm, shipping and brokerage will kill you if you ship from the states...unless they can use USPS, who don't charge brokerage.

www.thefinalcost.com will help you estimate your total costs, don't forget to add PST for Ontario. I think its 7%.

www.koperformance.com has a pretty vast inventory, unfortunately I think they use UPS which charges brokerage.
www.corner73.com is local, the prices are probably a little more than an equivalent part compared to the states, but you're going to end up saving a little in total due to shipping and brokerage.

don't go to DDM from what I hear, they have issues shipping to Canada-also, many local performance shops can order parts for you....like bimmersport (905) 670-9200

may I ask what you already have on your car?
Old 05-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
maroli
6th Gear Member

and yeah, you'll get some helpful replies about where to go from other guys in the forum soon enough, I think they're all just asleep still
Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
QUEEN AJAILA
SHATTA M3

Thanx
Old 05-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #7
QUEEN AJAILA
SHATTA M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
hmmm, shipping and brokerage will kill you if you ship from the states...unless they can use USPS, who don't charge brokerage.

www.thefinalcost.com will help you estimate your total costs, don't forget to add PST for Ontario. I think its 7%.

www.koperformance.com has a pretty vast inventory, unfortunately I think they use UPS which charges brokerage.
www.corner73.com is local, the prices are probably a little more than an equivalent part compared to the states, but you're going to end up saving a little in total due to shipping and brokerage.

don't go to DDM from what I hear, they have issues shipping to Canada-also, many local performance shops can order parts for you....like bimmersport (905) 670-9200

may I ask what you already have on your car?

I picked it up 2 weks ago had it painted black with a blue pearl ,picked up rims last weeks 18" and right now im getting my music system installed ,also bought vadors last week just5 need to pick them up

i cant seem to post my pics its saying there too big

looking for more speed now
Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #8
maroli
6th Gear Member

e36 or e46 M3? I don't know that you'd want to start off your quest for speed with a turbo, tho a good chip would be a step in the right direction!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
QUEEN AJAILA
SHATTA M3

Its A 94 325i
Its My Dad That As The M3
Old 05-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #10
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

it may be your lucky day for a chip, http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304 and as far as ebay, dont get it from there, its garbage!! if you are not going to pick up the chip i just posted, consider checking out http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/, call him up, the guy is local and very good to deal with!!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
maroli
6th Gear Member

ohhhh, okay, well you can do quite a lot of stuff without going FI. Intake, exhaust, pulleys, 3.23 lsd, software...because your car is OBD-I (I believe) it responds well to modifications, some ppl even convert their later OBD-II to OBD-I. You can get a lot of the stuff for quite cheap 2nd hand-the for sale forum is your best friend
Chip-Dinan
Pulleys-UUC or Rogue
LSD-you can grab that off someone parting out an M3. I got a 323 but if you're loaded, you can get a 338, euroguy is selling one for 800 'usedbmwparts@sympatico.ca'
Intake-I got Carbonio, they're local and make nice carbonfibre intakes. http://www.carbonio.com/carbonio_temp_1_014.htm
Exhaust-you can do a range of things/brands...it doesn't really add power unless combined with software chip and intake, but Active Autowerkes, Stebro (local), Dinan, Supersprint, Remus...all are good. Bimmersport can order you AA stuff. Stebro is a good bet cause no brokerage/minimal shipping costs. I just got a used M3 exhaust for 150.
There's other stuff too, like fan delete kit, cams and things like that. I don't know much about FI, but the amount of power it adds, you're going to have to upgrade brakes, exhaust (headers at least), and stuff so you're best off doing simple bolt ons. You can get just about as quick as an M3 without going FI I think The e36 north american one.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #12
maroli
6th Gear Member

get v_bimmers chip, but don't install it until you have your exhaust and intake Its Active Autowerkes, good stuff.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
QUEEN AJAILA
SHATTA M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
ohhhh, okay, well you can do quite a lot of stuff without going FI. Intake, exhaust, pulleys, 3.23 lsd, software...because your car is OBD-I (I believe) it responds well to modifications, some ppl even convert their later OBD-II to OBD-I. You can get a lot of the stuff for quite cheap 2nd hand-the for sale forum is your best friend
Chip-Dinan
Pulleys-UUC or Rogue
LSD-you can grab that off someone parting out an M3. I got a 323 but if you're loaded, you can get a 338, euroguy is selling one for 800 'usedbmwparts@sympatico.ca'
Intake-I got Carbonio, they're local and make nice carbonfibre intakes. http://www.carbonio.com/carbonio_temp_1_014.htm
Exhaust-you can do a range of things/brands...it doesn't really add power unless combined with software chip and intake, but Active Autowerkes, Stebro (local), Dinan, Supersprint, Remus...all are good. Bimmersport can order you AA stuff. Stebro is a good bet cause no brokerage/minimal shipping costs. I just got a used M3 exhaust for 150.
There's other stuff too, like fan delete kit, cams and things like that. I don't know much about FI, but the amount of power it adds, you're going to have to upgrade brakes, exhaust (headers at least), and stuff so you're best off doing simple bolt ons. You can get just about as quick as an M3 without going FI I think The e36 north american one.

Oh its also lowered i have a reciet from previous owner saying it as 338 in it also there is a intake on it not sure what brand and also magnaflow muffler

just had focal speakers installed all around key less entry alpine in dash dvd /navigation and l.e.d interior
Old 05-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEEN AJAILA View Post

i cant seem to post my pics its saying there too big
If you want to email me the pictures I can resize them, and post them for you.

my email address is bootsrails @ hotmail . com
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
maroli
6th Gear Member

awesome, well you just saved yourself 1500 dollars
check to see what kind of intake it is tho-if its aluminium, make sure it has a heatshield or get one.
Grab v_bimmers chip or equivalent
pulleys
and now since you saved yourself a whole bunch-get some M3 cams with the remaning money
check what your car was lowered with-if its just lowering springs, I'd invest in some dampers. And also some brake pads to slow the thing down. If you're into appearance, then some nice angel eyes, smoked or clear rear lights and corners, and a bodykit, you got yourself a pimp ride

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: