Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #31
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon

This is definitely the most ridiculous act I've heard of yet by the OPP
Old 05-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #32
BennyL
7th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
This is definitely the most ridiculous act I've heard of yet by the OPP
why?

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #33
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyL View Post
why?
Because this law is so ridiculous that the cops should not enforce it. Oh wait, I forgot, they make money off it.

Even if they WERE speeding 50 over, on a clear road with no other cars, in a tight finiancial and temporal situation, why should it matter? Who were they endangering other than themselves?

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #34
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flav_cool View Post
Because this law is so ridiculous that the cops should not enforce it. Oh wait, I forgot, they make money off it.

Even if they WERE speeding 50 over, on a clear road with no other cars, in a tight finiancial and temporal situation, why should it matter? Who were they endangering other than themselves?
If you crash, its our tax payer's dollars that have to haul away your wrecked car, possibly air-lift you to the hospital, and provide treatment for you. And don't say you won't crash, because there are people out there that can control their cars, but not necessarily environmental uncertainties you may encounter while speeding over 50.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #35
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
If you crash, its our tax payer's dollars that have to haul away your wrecked car, possibly air-lift you to the hospital, and provide treatment for you. And don't say you won't crash, because there are people out there that can control their cars, but not necessarily environmental uncertainties you may encounter while speeding over 50.
Had they been speeding 100+ over, maybe. But going 135 on a 90 with no other cars, please.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #36
BennyL
7th Gear Member

sorry bro, but its the law.

and for the record, the "i'm not endangering anybody other than myself" mentality is stupid and immature. there's much more to it than just that. you don't know if there were other cars on that road, potentially a person walking along the side of the highway, who knows. and as stikigreenz mentioned, its the taxpayers dollars that would pay to clean up the mess and keep someone's stupid ass in the hospital.

the point is that the stunt law has essentially the right idea. the problem is the powers that it gives the police when enforcing it. i agree with all of the boundaries set out by the stunt law. going 50 km/h over the limit should be strictly enforced. so should all the other stupid shit that people do, which is outlined in the stunt law... wheelies, endos, burnouts, etc.

the problem is that the police are able to seize your vehicle and license on the spot, not judge, no jury. the fines incurred can not be refunded if you get off in court, and the suspension stays on your record. THAT is ****ed up. not the fact that people are getting stopped doing 50 over. and once again, i will state that i think ontario needs dedicated higher speed limit roads.

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #37
dannyb
4th Gear Member

So if your kid takes your car without permission, goes over 50 you lose the car for a week ... sounds like fun
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #38
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
So if your kid takes your car without permission, goes over 50 you lose the car for a week ... sounds like fun
If your kid breaks the law with your car, then yeah serves him right. Before you lend your kid the law, tell him not to break the law and you'll be fine.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: