Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

163 Street Racing Charges this long weekend

Damn that is alot of charges, imagin the money the city, lawyers, etc are going to rake in because of this.

Quote:
Teen driver clocked at 239 km/h, police say
Email story
Print
Choose text size
Report typo or correction
License this article

163 street racing charges laid in weekend blitz

May 20, 2008 04:30 AM
Precious Yutangco
Dan Robson
Staff Reporters

A Barrie-area teenager has been stripped of his driving privileges after a car was seen speeding at 239 km/h in an 80 km/h zone.

Huronia West OPP were on a routine patrol at 1:50 a.m. yesterday when they spotted a Lincoln LLS northbound on Highway 26, north of Barrie.

The car was being driven erratically before it was finally pulled over in Midhurst, police said, adding there were four other individuals under 18 in the vehicle.

A 17-year-old youth from Springwater township is charged with street racing, careless driving and failure to surrender his licence. He is to appear in Wasaga Beach provincial court on June 17.

Under the street racing legislation, his car has been seized and will be held for seven days. His licence has been suspended.

If convicted, a driver travelling more than 50 km/h over the speed limit faces a fine ranging from a minimum of $2,000 up to $10,000.

OPP Sgt. Cam Woolley said the 239 km/h incident was the highest speeding infraction reported over the weekend.

Police laid 163 street racing charges during the OPP's long weekend blitz and seized as many cars, mostly operated by young men in their early 20s or late teens.

In the GTA alone, there were about 300 accidents since the blitz began on Friday. Official statistics will not be available until later today.

Since Friday, there have been eight traffic fatalities in Ontario, none in the GTA.

Although fewer cottagers made the trek north this holiday weekend, the number of accidents and traffic violations remained the same, said OPP Commissioner Julian Fantino.

"We're far more visible, far more aggressive and far more able to enforce," Fantino said.

Despite the OPP's attempt to get drivers to voluntarily comply with the law by posting large signs to advertise their presence, people still drove erratically, police said.

A car was pulled over on Highway 427 yesterday after the driver weaved in and out of traffic, Woolley said, adding the driver said he thought officers were EMS and that he needed to get out of their way.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
330ci05
6th Gear Member

when you think about it, it's not that many.
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

I do think the law is retarded because a lot of people will fall victim that aren't necessarily "racing", but for 163 to get nabbed... i think the people that got caught are even stupider (if there's such a word)

How can you speed that much on a long weekend where the O.P.P practically advertises that they will be out in full force. I think anyone that got booked this weekend prolly deserves it

And that kid that got clocked at 230+ C'mon now... I know he sure as hell deserves it

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.

Last edited by JunzieB; 05-20-2008 at 11:54 AM.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Souvrain
Jammin

Send a message via MSN to Souvrain
Since Friday, there have been eight traffic fatalities in Ontario, none in the GTA.

i think that say it all
Souvrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
abc12
4th Gear Member

with all this money these people are gonna spend to fight these tickets.... definitly should have invested in some sort of laser/radar jammer......
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunzieB View Post
I do think the law is retarded because a lot of people will fall victim that aren't necessarily "racing", but for 163 to get nabbed... i think the people that got caught are even stupider (if there's such a word)

How can you speed that much on a long weekend where the O.P.P practically advertises that they will be out in full force. I think anyone that got booked this weekend prolly deserves it

And that kid that got clocked at 230+ C'mon now... I know he sure as hell deserves it
Agreed. The OPP presence was going to be huge this weekend, and it was. To speed this weekend was just begging for an ass raping. I don't know about you guys, but even today I saw so many OPP and undercover cops just on the 410 within the Steeles->Bovaird area alone. I've noticed them there since the past week
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Souvrain
Jammin

down here we ride beamer real slow
Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvrain View Post

i think that say it all
Smartest man alive.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
Souvrain
Jammin

LOL thank you !!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

remember the assholes saying fatalities were down 40% since the law was created, claiming how good it is?
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104449

Doesn't 8 deaths dis-credit these assholes/this law?
But the media publishes only crap, and want us to believe the assholes in politics with their made up facts.......
Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #11
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

they should limit the speed on all cars at 149km/h

but of course that would mean that these mother****ers wouldn't be raking in cash like leaves in september
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
Souvrain
Jammin

[quote=SeRb;1154923]they should limit the speed on all cars at 149km/h

and that mean you got to watch your ass going down a hill ..lol
Old 05-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #13
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

i like how they highlight younger people. really shows how ridiculous it is. when i see people pulled over all i usually see are minivans with soccer moms n hockey dads usually cryign while they're cars being lifted onto a tow truck...go figure.
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #14
someguy
Singhy

i wonder how many of the people nabbed were actually racing (the definition of racing in a dictionary that is)
someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #15
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Only 3 reasons why I could think that 17 kid was doing 239km/h in an 80

1. He must have been on route to get some good pum pum.
2. He wasn't beaten as a child
3. He's mentally disabled

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: