Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM   #46
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

1) The US played a big part in WWII. In fact if the USA hadn't come in, history would be quite different now.

2) Canada had a large, if supporting, role.

3) The logic is that Saddam is too crazy to have nukes. France, Great Britain, Israel, China, USA, India, Russia, Pakistan all have nukes too.

Yes, you can fight fire with fire. It's called nuclear deterrence. No one is nuking anyone else right now because they'd be nuked instantly in return. Measures have been taken to reduce the numbers of nukes in world, but there are still plenty to destroy the world many times over.

Quote:
1st. I do believe Osama hit dat shit.
2nd. Pentagon doesn't have a lot of damage just because it is samll and hit pentagon with a big plane isn't that easy, so most damage was from debree and other crap.
3rd. WTC felt down because support beams didn't withstand fire that was caused by jet fuel.
4th Russia and US has the same ammount of Nuclear weapons.
5th America is a big corporation, it is not a country.
Bush only has 1 goal. GAS!!
If he was really scared of nuclear weapons, North Korea would be bombed million times already. But it isn't. Why? What Korea doesn't have? OIL!!!
1st. Your guess is as good as mine.
2nd. Fine. But WHERE'S THE PLANE?
3rd. It is cited in that article that steel melts at 1500*C. Jet fuel fires burn far cooler than that. Otherwise people would be using jet fuel to weld. No one really has an idea of why the towers fell. All the engineers and scientists are just theorizing because NO ONE HAS ANALYZED THE WRECKAGE.

We know for sure North Korea already has nukes. If you attacked them they might just use them. Don't forget that cities in South Korea (a major US ally for now) can be more or less obliterated in about three hours by North Korean artillery. It's not exclusively about oil. With a US friendly regime in Iraq they get oil, but also influence in the region.

I'm not saying that the article is all true. But there are many curious questions. On the other hand, in a few years no one will care or know. Even if the conspiracy were true, it would take something dramatic to convince the public.
Dave 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:13 PM   #47
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave 325i

3rd. It is cited in that article that steel melts at 1500*C. Jet fuel fires burn far cooler than that. Otherwise people would be using jet fuel to weld. No one really has an idea of why the towers fell. All the engineers and scientists are just theorizing because NO ONE HAS ANALYZED THE WRECKAGE.
actually there was a huge special on TLC where scientists and engineers analyzed the wreckage fully, and tried to prove with computer simulations how the collapses happened and it was all due to the way the building was designed.
i'll go into it all some other time, i'm goin' home from work now !! =)
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:30 PM   #48
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

Quote:
actually there was a huge special on TLC where scientists and engineers analyzed the wreckage fully, and tried to prove with computer simulations how the collapses happened and it was all due to the way the building was designed.
Hm, if that's the case, then the whole theory falls apart. I should see that show then.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:30 PM   #49
SickFinga

Dave 325i, you can believe whatever you history teacher said, fine with that, but trust me it is all propaganda, damn I lived in Estonia and out teacher once said that Estonia played a major role, whjole class laughed in his face and told him to STFU.

12mil russian solders died during WW2, most russian cities were bombed to hell. Half of the russia is a big memorial to the solders. I don't see this in Canada or USA.

about steel melting at 1500C, yes it maybe melts at that, but don't forget that those steel beam will brake when they lose their stenght.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #50
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Dave 325i, you can believe whatever you history teacher said, fine with that, but trust me it is all propaganda, damn I lived in Estonia and out teacher once said that Estonia played a major role, whjole class laughed in his face and told him to STFU.

so then how come america seems to be the greatest super power??
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:35 PM   #51
SickFinga

It wasn't in 1939.
It became greatest super power after USSR collapsed in 1989.
That what was the cold war all about, who is gonna be the greatest super power.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:50 PM   #52
Kal
maxRealtor

Quote:
It wasn't in 1939.
i see..i thought they were called the super power even before that
Old 01-31-2003, 08:51 PM   #53
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
It wasn't in 1939.
Ok, well as far as Im concerned, the British and the Russians were LOSING the war until the North America came in and helped. Without them you would be a blond haired, blue eyed German right now Sickfinga.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:52 PM   #54
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

since you guys know so much bout history...anyone wanna do my hwk when i get history this semester?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:57 PM   #55
SickFinga

yeah ok, damn I will dig some history sites and you will see. Too lazy to do that now.

Let me ask you just one question, Russia, England, Germany had more war experience than any other country outthere. How come USA came with NO war experiece whatsoever and won it for the whole EUROPE??
Does it make any sense?
Old 01-31-2003, 08:59 PM   #56
Kal
maxRealtor

so then sickfinga..explain how america got such high ranking then?? how did america make such a name for itself ( if it wasn't ww 2)
Old 01-31-2003, 09:03 PM   #57
SickFinga

w0w i hear this for the first time that WW2 made america what it is now.
Cold war made it what it is.
Trust me if there was no cold war, we wouldn';t be in space, we would have nuclear weapons. The race ebtween russia and us who is better made america. Reason why russia lost cause Russia was communist country. But there is no such thing as COMMUNISM. It is no possible.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:38 PM   #58
Furious
BMW again.

WW2 didnt make the states the power that it is today. Vlad is right. it was the cold war. true they have always been a powerhouse but not quite like the way we know them to be.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:56 PM   #59
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

WW2 didn't make the US what it is, I agree, it was the Cold War.

But - the US did play a major role in WW2.

There is no way Russia and England could have taken on Germany and Japan alone. Russia was busy fighting off the invaders, and England vs Germany was hardly a fair fight.

The Japanese were basically defeated by the Americans alone, and without American manpower and aid the Russians and British may have not been able to manage.

Contribution to war, as cold as it seems, it not necesssarily related to soldiers killed.

The US did not win for war for all of Europe. But they were a vital ally to Britain and Russia.

When was Russia bombed?

Last edited by Dave 325i; 01-31-2003 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:42 PM   #60
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave 325i
The Japanese were basically defeated by the Americans alone, and without American manpower and aid the Russians and British may have not been able to manage.

When was Russia bombed?
The nuke defeated the japanese.

the us has not seen a war on their land since the independce war or what was it called.

pearl harbour and 9/11 was the closest thing to a war on their ground.

and russia has been invaded by germans for a few years. or they were trying to, and came up to stalingrad. and a lot more people died then in pearl harbour
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: