Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2003, 01:36 PM   #31
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra

wow this thread went really off topic...

My point of view is that saddam hussein is a threat to world peace, it's not Iraq fault, it's Saddam and his regime.
He's a ruthless dictator that shows no mercy even to his own citizens. Hell, he launched chemical weapons against his own people, not to mention he also actively supports things like torture, and terrorist activity.
Somebody like that does not need to have access to chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons. If some of the more level headed people in the Iraqi government come into power, maybe things will look better for them.

I'm not siding with the U.S. however, they really need to get their act together too and stop bullying, and trying to liberalize the rest of the world. What right do they have? They definately dont have the goddamn right to wage war on another country without a solid reason either. There's still no evidence the world has seen to constitute war on Iraq. If the U.S. wages war on Iraq, they're definately going in alone without the support of the rest of the world (except for their bitch, Britain), and I hope they get their ass kicked too. Either way, the U.S. will be frowned upon for years to come because of this, and it's only going to ruin their economy more and more by relations with other countries slowly being severed.
I'm fully supporting canada's decision that unless the U.N. finds solid evidence, we're not going to participate in this unjustified slaughter.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 01-31-2003 at 01:44 PM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:21 PM   #32
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
questions that ponder me

why does america get to have nukes and iraq can't?? who r they to say who can and can not?

DjContra: we are america's bitch too. whether we like to admit it or not. Also, war will not ruin their economy. America controls business. The place to do business is in the states. Countries aren't gonna put sanctions and shit. And do u think america is going to risk their economy? Ironically, they are having this war for their economy (my theory).
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:34 PM   #33
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kal
questions that ponder me

why does america get to have nukes and iraq can't?? who r they to say who can and can not?

DjContra: we are america's bitch too. whether we like to admit it or not. Also, war will not ruin their economy. America controls business. The place to do business is in the states. Countries aren't gonna put sanctions and shit. And do u think america is going to risk their economy? Ironically, they are having this war for their economy (my theory).

You guys have to remember that with nukes comes responsibility, I dont think a country like Iraq who has used weapons on their own people is responsible to have nukes. I dont think any country is, but what are you going to do. Now as of right now, I would not have it any other way with who is running the world. I think freedom, is better than oppression.

See what I dont like is that America is doing all the wrong things to stay on top, and thats what I dont like. For example they stick their face where it doesnt belong all for profit. I think if they really thought about the long term, they could make more money without stealing so many of others natural resources, and killing innocent lives.

They have no right to go to another country to mess with their government, but guys comon, when the world is at risk then someone has to stop it. How would everyone feel right now if America, Canada, Britian didnt go into WW 2 to stop Hitler? Well lets just say we probaly wouldnt exist. We need to learn from the past in that sense.

But americans are morons in their own right, they would go into Iraq for Oil over world peace, and I dont think that is right. There is no easy solution to this. The way I think of this is that the benefits far outweigh the costs. Lets say that USA doesnot go into Iraq and they pull nukes on America, then what? Everyone would wonder why America just stood still. But if they go in now, then they topple a regieme and take oil, I think that is the lesser or the two evils.

Kal, war is great for an economy. Any economist will tell you that, thats the only thing I remember from any economy classes I took in school.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:44 PM   #34
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
Not too long ago, they said in the T star that there was oil in Alaska and Bush wanted it to be flowed tot he greater part of america. He was going to tube it across the waters straight down to the US but theres tons of protestors protesting about how oil leaks into the water and kills thousands of animals. So Bush came up with a plan to dig up Canadian soil and transfer it underground into the US. Doing this will **** the rainforests and shit in the Yukon (or somewhere up there) which is almost our last preserved ones. It'll cost big bucks but we have to give way to him because of the way they are. i duno, lol i think if we disagrred with bush he'd raid canada
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:45 PM   #35
Kal
maxRealtor

Mkgino, I agree with you BUT....

how come america can have nukes and iraq can't? u responded that suddam isn't sane enough to handle such weapons. I agree. But u can't fight fire with fire. If u want other countries to get rid of nukes u have to start by example. Did u know america has already threatened to use nuke force if required...?

Also, yes i agree WW2 is justified. There was one mad man in that era and tha was Hitler. Now we have 3 mad men. Bin laden, suddam, and Bush! I know that's a controversial statement but there are many people that would agree wiht me on that

lastly, u keep mentioning americans this american that. I know u don't mean all americans but just for the sake of being politically correct, lets just say the american government for now on..lol. cuz there is a lot of americans here that don't agree with Bush's approach.and they probably don't wnat to be generalized from the mistakes there government is making..i don't want to offend anybody and I know there are a lot of patriotic americans here that might be offended cuz they might take it the wrong way.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:48 PM   #36
Kal
maxRealtor

Quote:
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat
i duno, lol i think if we disagrred with bush he'd raid canada
bush can't raid canada ever.. we're his main bitches...lol

he'll just fuk canada in the ass and leave it at that
Old 01-31-2003, 05:37 PM   #37
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
They have no right to go to another country to mess with their government, but guys comon, when the world is at risk then someone has to stop it. How would everyone feel right now if America, Canada, Britian didnt go into WW 2 to stop Hitler? Well lets just say we probaly wouldnt exist. We need to learn from the past in that sense

ohhhh c'mon don't tell me USA and Canada played a major role in WW2,

If you ask me, USA was never in the real war.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:57 PM   #38
Furious
BMW again.

Bryan , to reply to your question on the first page. i dont think anyone has the rights to weapons of mass destruction. i think that they should all be dissmantled. (what ever happened to hand to hand combat j/k),, everyone blames George bush , when we all know that hes just a plublicity puppet. he works for the govenment. the govenment says what he does and dosent. im sure if it was up to any american person. they would prolly make a mends to rid the world of nuclear weapons. i know i would ,, but realistically i wouldnt have that option (puppet),

basically what the US chooses to do ,, they do it. our say really has no bearing on what the outcome will be. neither does the american public, nor anyone. i love the fact that in this free country (well free is a overused term) that we (maxbimmer members) can express our opinions and views without some type of govenment intervention.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:35 PM   #39
Kal
maxRealtor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
ohhhh c'mon don't tell me USA and Canada played a major role in WW2,

If you ask me, USA was never in the real war.
sickfinga...usa AND CANADA played a major role in world war II. U might not know but canda does have a rich military history.

A little fact: The canadian forces were the first to land on d-day. They got that shit started....
Old 01-31-2003, 07:37 PM   #40
SickFinga

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Russia and England these are the major players, other countries played minor to none role.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:40 PM   #41
Kal
maxRealtor

Quote:
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Russia and England these are the major players, other countries played minor to none role.
Yes they did play a major role...and i can understand u sayin canada didn't play that big of a role...but america had a major role in the war.. I understand that they came into the war late but they did contribute a lot!
Old 01-31-2003, 07:44 PM   #42
SickFinga

I'm not saying USA and CANADA didn't contribute, but it is nothing compare to what England and Russia did.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:47 PM   #43
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm not saying USA and CANADA didn't contribute, but it is nothing compare to what England and Russia did.
Do you think that Canada and America would have contributed more if the germans actually came on their soil? I do. I dont understand what this has to do with the original topic?
Old 01-31-2003, 07:48 PM   #44
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
you russians! *shakes fist*

i think no country should have nukes....even if they use one, sooner or later everyone will have some disease or something..aint i right? because of the radiation everywhere..and it will ruin the environment and air.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:55 PM   #45
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
what?? usa had a major role in ww2!

they got attacked on 3 fronts.
1. when they helped out the allies over in europe
2. when the german u-boats landed along the coast of florida and invaded the usa
3. when japan attacked pearl harbour

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread