Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-30-2003, 12:39 AM   #1
jeremy
6th Gear Member

you from scarborough......i'am

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM SCARBOROUGH WHEN...

You're familiar with neighbourhood names like: Agincourt, Malvern, West Hill, Warden Woods, Cedarbrae, Tuxedo Court, Bay Mills, and Wexford.

You lock your car doors when you drive, and only roll the window down if the tempature is over 30 and you absolutely have to.

You perk up every time SCARBOROUGH is mentioned on the news but it's usually related to some crime story (i.e. murder, robbery,
drive-by-shooting/stabbing etc.)

You know what the "RT" is.

You often hear music (or just bass) coming from someone else's car across the street when you are stopped at a traffic light.

LADIES: A guy has tried to "pick you up" at the bus stop, ON the bus or the RT train, at Kennedy Station, Scarborough Town Centre or even while you're
in your car stopped at a traffic light.

GUYS: You have, or you know of a guy who has tried to pick up girls at the bus stop, on the bus or the RT train, at Kennedy Station, Scarborough Town Center or even while a girl is in her car stopped at a traffic light.

You often refer to SCARBOROUGH as SCARBERIA; SCARLEM; SCOMPTON; SCARCITY. and if you wanna be crude...new ones include: SCARLANKA, SCARBLACKISTAN, SCARBADOS)

No one speaks English on the bus.

You consider anything north of Steeles Avenue as "BUSH".

You consider anything east of the Rouge River as "BUSH".

You've learned how annyoing police helicopters are, even though they're there to help you.

You don't mess with kids who go to Lam, Leacock, Eaton, Bethune or Porter.

You're probably been covered in the Scarborough Mirror for something.

You love to mention other parts of Toronto (i.e. Jane-Finch, Regent Park, Flemingdon Park, Parkdale, Rexdale, Weston, St. Jamestown, etc.) and talk about how they have a higher crime rate than SCARBOROUGH.

You are familiar with these streets: Vic Park, Markham Road, Kingston Road, McCowan Road, Warden Avenue, Finch Ave, Kennedy Road, Eglinton Ave.

There is an Ontario Housing complex in your neighborhood.

There is a Chinese restaurant or a Roti shop in your neighbourhood.

Scarborough Town Centre was "the place" to hang-out when your were a teenager.

You hate it when NON-Scarborough people refer to it as the ghetto.

You know the Scarborough Bluffs are there, but never bothered to go see it.

You sadly realize our proudest accomplishment besides supplying 50% of the T Dot's crime rate, is the Barenaked Ladies.

North York pisses you off.

NON-MALVERN PEOPLE: You refer to Malvern as the East Scarlem ghetto.

MALVERN PEOPLE: You are PROUD of Malvern but still refer to it as the East Scarlem ghetto.

Your bike has been stolen at least once.

Your car has been stolen at least once, or you know someone who's car has been stolen.

You refer to Agincourt as "Asian-court"

There are more Guyanese people here than in Georgetown, Guyana.

You are able to distinguish the ethnicity of a driver just by looking
at his/her car (i.e. If you see a car with Hello Kitty or other stuffed
animals in it, then you know its probably someone of Hong Kong descent OR if you see a car with tinted windows, gold or chrome fender trims, and a crown air-freshener, then you know its probably someone from the Caribbean)
and you sure as hell know that when you see a "sooped" up 1993 honda civic hatchback there is either an italian or a greek GINO drivin!

You HATE Mel Lastman because you think he ignores Scarborough, BUT you still voted for him.

Even though you only live about 15 KM from Downtown Toronto, it still takes you an hour or more by TTC and at least a half hour by car to get there. Not to mention rush hour.

People involuntarily back away when you say you're from SCARBOROUGH.

The TTC buses run EXTRA SLOW here.

You're proud that Scarborough is more diverse than most small
countries.

You say you're a PROUD CITIZEN OF SCARBOROUGH, but deep down inside you kinda wish to move out to Markham, Richmond Hill or Pickering.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:47 AM   #2
IVAN
5th Gear Member

haha VIC PARK bro that sounds kinda close hehe
Many ppl told me Scaborough is dangerous place but I am there often and nothing happns to me..
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:48 AM   #3
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Scarborough fast-food?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aan.jpg (77.8 KB, 139 views)
Old 01-30-2003, 01:51 AM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Yeah, scarborough representin' baby!! You guys should drive around here and see what I see everyday, the way everyone fixes up their cars here...........hahaha!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:47 AM   #5
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
wow
that is soo true
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:48 AM   #6
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Jeremy that S@*it is so FUNNY.....
I work just 5 minutes from your shop! I go from Sauga to Scarborough eveyday but have no problems with it, I guess its different when you live there!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:46 AM   #7
GladdoM3
5th Gear Member

hehehehe. that was funny jeremy. I used to date a girl in scarbieria and didnt like going to pick her up in my old lexus. I almost got jumped by a couple black guys @ the stop light. Mother F*ckers tried to jack my ride ........and i was driving a 2000 Lexus GS 400. damn basterds. Thank god the car was fast and my doors were locked. Anyways that part of town is pretty rough and polluted. Both with gang-bangers, and garbage (people and waste)

Sold My M3. Got a New Subaru STI
GladdoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:12 PM   #8
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Yup, every type of crime has been committed at least once in a 1 km radius of my place. I just keep thinking its better than it really is but I've learned if you keep your head ducked below 5 feet you most likely won't get hit by a stray bullet hehe
Old 01-30-2003, 01:25 PM   #9
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
lol!!!

it's all true!!
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:56 PM   #10
jeremy
6th Gear Member

at my old house at vp and ellesmere i had cops on my lawn one night with shotgun's chasing some kid with a gun but it really isnt that bad...you get to know people and no where not to go
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #11
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

so true........they tried to jack my car at a red light too, but my door was locked, there was 3 of them and the fuking red light took for ever, the other day i had to take the bus to scarboro hospital to get my cast checked and oh my god, not even 1 person speaked english and they all smelled [and since this is a public forum i wont say what kindda ppl they were, but we all know who they r!!] , poor bus driver had problem with almost every passenger [address, wrong ticket,...].....it was very sad.....but again it's the good old ghetto
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #12
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
I just got this email too... as should be obvious from my "Location".. not that I didn't know all these names before, was just bored
Old 01-30-2003, 03:27 PM   #13
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
god you guys should go visit the states...
i used to live in scarbrough.. maybe i lived in a good area.. but scarlem is nothing compared to some places in la... just going to those places in la make me shiver!
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #14
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

I'm just curious to know if any of you are of colour...?
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:44 PM   #15
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by ThE bRoWn GuY
I'm just curious to know if any of you are of colour...?
im brown, but i live in mississauga, the guys that i know that posted here are caucasian... gladdoM3, djcontra, mkgino, jeremy, eurostyle, miguel

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: