Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
BenBMW
BMW Pure Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 167
Send a message via MSN to BenBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Knox View Post
sorry ben, i missread your recommendations. btw what is the difference between zkw and bosch? i seen a bosch HID system for 1300 bucks or something which seems a bit rich
I'm by no means an expert so I'm not too certain as the differences. You're most likely just paying a huge premium for the Bosch name. The beam pattern could be different, using a different projector. I wouldn't pay $1300 for a Bosch headlight assembly w/ HID's though.
BenBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
BenBMW
BMW Pure Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 167
Send a message via MSN to BenBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim@Corner73 View Post
Projector36 is not the same as the Depo Gen4.
What's different? Did you retrofit the projector? I can't even find the DEPO GEN-4 on the site, which is why I assumed it was that, lol.
BenBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim321go View Post
the AE are not preinstalled on ANY good headlights(except DJ Auto). Ae's are usually an additional feature.
I had my Angel Eyes preinstalled on my Depos.

umnitza ftw
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
Karim@Corner73
5th Gear Member
 
Karim@Corner73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 913
Definitely paying for the name but also paying for the quality.

Depo and Apexcone are not bad, but the quality is way WAY lower than ZKW or Bosch. It's simply not comparable.

Is the premium worth it? It a personal choice.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBMW View Post
I'm by no means an expert so I'm not too certain as the differences. You're most likely just paying a huge premium for the Bosch name. The beam pattern could be different, using a different projector. I wouldn't pay $1300 for a Bosch headlight assembly w/ HID's though.
Karim@Corner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
Karim@Corner73
5th Gear Member
 
Karim@Corner73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBMW View Post
What's different? Did you retrofit the projector? I can't even find the DEPO GEN-4 on the site, which is why I assumed it was that, lol.


The Depo Gen4 are not online yet. We're working on it

The Projector36 have a chrome bezel and the AE are built-in. The Depo Gen4 are simpler. No bezel, just a plain ellipsoid. The AE are add-ons, not built-in.
Karim@Corner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #21
BenBMW
BMW Pure Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 167
Send a message via MSN to BenBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim@Corner73 View Post
The Depo Gen4 are not online yet. We're working on it

The Projector36 have a chrome bezel and the AE are built-in. The Depo Gen4 are simpler. No bezel, just a plain ellipsoid. The AE are add-ons, not built-in.
You guys/girls should start selling some ZKW Headlights or something.

I hate those nasty DEPO stamps all over the glass!
BenBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #22
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 122
ok, so much has been said here. i want the headlights that are on the pics i put up. i also want the angel eyes preinstalled. theres been a few websites posted but ddm, i get cnfused and i dont want to wait months for them. corner73 doesnt preinstall them so im still at square one. ive seen alot of bimmers on here with those headlights and AE's so ppl know where to get them. ive heard of zkw's but dont know where to buy them from. let me know guys i need some solid answers and reccomendations. thanks alot!
againstallodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
Karim@Corner73
5th Gear Member
 
Karim@Corner73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by againstallodds View Post
ok, so much has been said here. i want the headlights that are on the pics i put up. i also want the angel eyes preinstalled. theres been a few websites posted but ddm, i get cnfused and i dont want to wait months for them. corner73 doesnt preinstall them so im still at square one. ive seen alot of bimmers on here with those headlights and AE's so ppl know where to get them. ive heard of zkw's but dont know where to buy them from. let me know guys i need some solid answers and reccomendations. thanks alot!

We can pre-install the AE in the Depo Gen4.

We also sell the ZKW. $549. We can preinstall the AE in those too.
Karim@Corner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 122
ok. ae's pre-installed in the depo's gen4...how much would that cost shipped to brampton? let me know..
againstallodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #25
jordano99
2nd Gear Member
 
jordano99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: mississauga
Posts: 51
interested in seeing the difference between both headlights????? and quailty of AE
__________________
1998 E36 328is- 2001 E39 530ia
jordano99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #26
Karim@Corner73
5th Gear Member
 
Karim@Corner73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by againstallodds View Post
ok. ae's pre-installed in the depo's gen4...how much would that cost shipped to brampton? let me know..


Depo Gen4's are $199. With pre-installed AE's, add another $100.

Shipping to Brampton would be around $25.
Karim@Corner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #27
Karim@Corner73
5th Gear Member
 
Karim@Corner73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordano99 View Post
interested in seeing the difference between both headlights????? and quailty of AE


You chose the AE's

Here are the Projector36



And Here are the Depo Gen4

Karim@Corner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #28
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by againstallodds View Post
hey guys. im lookin for angel eye headlights exactly like the ones in the pics. if u guys know where i could get some that have the angel eyes already preinstalled and are not off of ebay (have had some problems with ebay and they do not preinstall the angel eyes) that would be great. let me know pm me or ANYTHING. thanks guys.
the lights i got off you look awsome and like OEM lights. check sig.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #29
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 122
take some more pics im curious to see wat they look like on ur car during the day and night..
againstallodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.