Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Trit
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 378
And you thought our speeding laws were harsh.



Florida has gone overboard.

5-10 years for 30 over?
Trit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 379
30mph = 48 km/h

So it's a similar law to our own. Though, I don't believe the "Stunting" law carries a criminal jail sentence.
HoldenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,127
blouse and skirt!!!
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
blouse and skirt!!!
HAHA Thats a daily comment in my shop, another is "kiss mi granny!"


Does anyone know what happens if the person that gets caught for 30mph is from another country?
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear
 
Redster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post
HAHA Thats a daily comment in my shop, another is "kiss mi granny!"


Does anyone know what happens if the person that gets caught for 30mph is from another country?
What happens if you kill someone in a foreign country? It's criminal law buddy, no running back to your home country
__________________
"You wanna make moves on the streets? Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."
Redster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
What happens if you kill someone in a foreign country? It's criminal law buddy, no running back to your home country
That answer means nothing.

How does an American Gov. suspend a Canadian drivers license?
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear
 
Redster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 3,623
I was referring to criminal side (jail time mentioned in the subject). As far as suspending license, ON MTO is "connected" with many states in the USA so if you get a ticket there it will show on the record here, I'm not sure about suspension though.
__________________
"You wanna make moves on the streets? Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."
Redster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
I was referring to criminal side (jail time mentioned in the subject). As far as suspending license, ON MTO is "connected" with many states in the USA so if you get a ticket there it will show on the record here, I'm not sure about suspension though.
now thats making sence, i didnt realize there was a connection.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #9
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post
now thats making sence, i didnt realize there was a connection.
You can't cruise over the Peace Bridge, scream around at 200 km/h, get a $5000 ticket and return home scot free. It turns out that people don't like that.
HoldenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
flex_318
3rd Gear Member
 
flex_318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 413
I beieve its only connected with states that border Ontario, so Florida might not trasfer over into Ontario.
flex_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
Meegis
Banned
 
Meegis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maple, Ontario
Posts: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_318 View Post
I beieve its only connected with states that border Ontario, so Florida might not trasfer over into Ontario.
I dont know about the criminal stuff, but driving infractions DO NOT transfer from Florida to Ontario.... Trust me... (Dont ask how i know )
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear
 
Redster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
I dont know about the criminal stuff, but driving infractions DO NOT transfer from Florida to Ontario.... Trust me... (Dont ask how i know )
Criminal charges are different, trust me on that
__________________
"You wanna make moves on the streets? Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."
Redster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
saix
rawr
 
saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: under a bridge
Posts: 2,270
Send a message via AIM to saix
How do judges sleep at night when they put someone away next to and longer than a rapist for speeding...and please don't tell me lives are at risk, your ****ing up someones life for speeding playing minority report. I hate cops that give tickets to people that speed when nobody is around, they should be ticketing the road raged weavers.

Last edited by saix; 05-11-2008 at 10:42 PM.
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #14
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenC View Post
You can't cruise over the Peace Bridge, scream around at 200 km/h, get a $5000 ticket and return home scot free. It turns out that people don't like that.
Punishment should fit the crime. 10 years in prison for 148 in 100 is just ****ING STUPID.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #15
Meegis
Banned
 
Meegis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maple, Ontario
Posts: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Punishment should fit the crime. 10 years in prison for 148 in 100 is just ****ING STUPID.
You're right, it should be 25 over and if you get caught you get put in a concentration camp!
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015