Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

The end is nigh!

"A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world......The document predicts that abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies. The threat to global stability vastly eclipses that of terrorism, say the few experts privy to its contents.... 'Disruption and conflict will be endemic features of life,' concludes the Pentagon analysis. 'Once again, warfare would define human life.' The report was commissioned by influential Pentagon defence adviser Andrew Marshall, who has held considerable sway on US military thinking over the past three decades. He was the man behind a sweeping recent review aimed at transforming the American military under Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Climate change 'should be elevated beyond a scientific debate to a US national security concern', say the authors, Peter Schwartz, CIA consultant and former head of planning at Royal Dutch/Shell Group, and Doug Randall of the California-based Global Business Network. ... Already, according to Randall and Schwartz, the planet is carrying a higher population than it can sustain. By 2020 'catastrophic' shortages of water and energy supply will become increasingly harder to overcome, plunging the planet into war.... Randall added that it was already possibly too late to prevent a disaster happening. 'We don't know exactly where we are in the process. It could start tomorrow and we would not know for another five years,' he said. 'The consequences for some nations of the climate change are unbelievable. It seems obvious that cutting the use of fossil fuels would be worthwhile.'. ... The fact that Marshall is behind its scathing findings will aid [Presidential candidate John] Kerry's cause. Marshall, 82, is a Pentagon legend who heads a secretive think-tank dedicated to weighing risks to national security called the Office of Net Assessment. Dubbed 'Yoda' by Pentagon insiders who respect his vast experience. . . Symons said the Bush administration's close links to high-powered energy and oil companies was vital in understanding why climate change was received sceptically in the Oval Office. 'This administration is ignoring the evidence in order to placate a handful of large energy and oil companies,' he added."
Now the Pentagon tells Bush: climate change will destroy us
Observer, 22 February 2004
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member

You don't get out much do you? Let's say (for one brief moment) that half of the environmental, economic or doomsday "theories" you post have the potential to occur, shouldn't you be out enjoying life rather than pondering its potential end?

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

last year the world was suppose to end this year.

so wtf, **** this shit.

But I guess it did end for those 100,000 people in Mayanar. So those apocalyptic visions do have half truths..

Great all these people dieing, while we enjoy our big macs, and SUVs.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
last year the world was suppose to end this year.

so wtf, **** this shit.

But I guess it did end for those 100,000 people in Mayanar. So those apocalyptic visions do have half truths..

Great all these people dieing, while we enjoy our big macs, and SUVs.
Dont forget fancy cell phones, High Definition TV's and clean water.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #5
shimajer
loudddddd

big macs suck.

harveys FTW
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Cities developed in coastal areas because ports were of vital importance to trade. It costs less to manufacture all your exports as close as possible to the outbound ports. I fear it will not be seen as profitable to move all this infrastructure away from the coasts to higher ground in time to avoid the floods.

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
Fel
Not Banned

That article was published over 4 years ago.... get with the times man.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

nigh-ilism has a long shelf life.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
nigh-ilism has a long shelf life.
You must be one depressed man.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
You must be one depressed man.
+1

Come to the meets that might cheer you up. get out and do something
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
nihilism also doesn't have a G in it.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i have a feeling that one day he's going to say i told you so.. LOL

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

pretty good chance between me, you and him, at least one of us will be dead before then.

i'm not too worried.

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #14
Raging Lamb
?

i know the sun will eventually expand to cover earth's current position. Of course the earth will be gone before then, and it won't be able to sustain life waaaaay before that.

This is all a long long time from now. But it's sad to think all of earth will disappear one day. There will never be another earth. There might never be life again.

No more humans; all our culture, technology, ideas, thoughts, feelings will disappear for good, and there will probably never be another human race again.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
propr'one
op sucks cock

^^who cares, humanity is bullshit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: