Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
All desi's check in here

Whats up my brotha's!

As some of you may know I'm involved in the indian music industry. My brother has his own record label and are set to release an album May 9th. Its called The F*A*U*J ..

check out www.faujmusic.com and let me know what you all think of the tunes. This album is sure to take the bhangra industry by storm and put Toronto on the map!

Also, I want all you desi's to show some maxbimmer love at the release party happening at Guvernment night club May 9th inside the orange room. Holla at me for tickets.

Anyhow, go under the Audio tab and listen to some of the tracks and let me know what you all think.

Kal
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
5JABIJ8
5th Gear Member

Balle Balle!! Good stuff. Glad hear local Desi's are keeping it real and alive!! Good lyrics..
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Kal
maxRealtor

thanks man .. where are the rest of the desi's?!
Old 05-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Checked...............i didnt know that was ur bro......thats some good stuff.

My and some freinds of mine are working on a feature film being shot on 35MM about desis growing up in canada. Let me know if your bro wants to contribute some songs to the soundtrack. So far the soundtrack has DJ APS, KAMRAN, kobra khan etc.

send me a pm for more info brother!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
Kal
maxRealtor

ya I'll tell my bro about it.. You should come to the release party this friday. There is going to be a lot of media people there and this might be a good chance for you to network with some of them .. plus its going to be a sick party in general. The pannu's are rolling thru as well.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

looks good, I see you have Darapuria and E = MC. By Darapuria, I'm assuming you mean Sukhdev Darapuria that sang the song "Tere Naak Da Koka Ni"? was a good friend of my pops and I'm guessing you know MD (Mandeep Deol) from 22K hes done some tracks with E = MC. He said supposedly hes getting back into the industry after his marriage and all. In any case congrats to your bro and I wish him the best, rarely see apnay getting into this business and the ones that do drop a few tracks make the cash and dip.

BTW: how can I buy a copy of this cd. I know its releasing May 9th but I mean like where can I pick it up from

Last edited by Jim .E.; 05-06-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
Kal
maxRealtor

yah Jim. E thats the case.. E-MC is straight fire.. My bro and him wanted to setup a record label because there is a lot of talent in Toronto but we're not on the map! Our people have to move to UK (like E=MC did) to get recognized.

What did you think of the music though on the website? Its getting some great reviews from magazines and websites but I wanna know what our locals have to say about it.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^For sure man, i will try to run through. Im gonna call the pannu tommarow.

The music is dope.............Yaari is my favorite song from the album still

off topic but I Gotta go take a protien tatti..........man i hate protien shakes....lol
Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
Kal
maxRealtor

protien tatti is the worst!!

I thought Ashaqi be your favourite track though it has to do with drinking lol
Old 05-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #10
S54
2nd Gear Member

Amazing local talent, keeping it real bro. You should be proud of your brotha also love the lyrics and beats. No doubt this album is gonna be a smashing hit.
S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I'll listen to it tonight when I get home... Nice to see the T.Dot producing some bhangra talent!!!

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #12
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
yah Jim. E thats the case.. E-MC is straight fire.. My bro and him wanted to setup a record label because there is a lot of talent in Toronto but we're not on the map! Our people have to move to UK (like E=MC did) to get recognized.

What did you think of the music though on the website? Its getting some great reviews from magazines and websites but I wanna know what our locals have to say about it.
Yaari by far is the best track even though the demo was probably only a 15 second loop I think I listened to it for 10 minutes unnoticed and was like ah shit its just looping, woops hahahaha
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
Kal
maxRealtor

Yaari is the full track I believe.

Anyhow fellas I'm going to be in Toronto all day so if any of you guys want to roll up give me a call 416 712 3693 and I'll make sure my maxbimmer boys get VIP treatment.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #14
UltimateDriv
Bimmerhead

Send a message via AIM to UltimateDriv Send a message via Yahoo to UltimateDriv
wtf?

what the hell went down at this album release party???

Quote:
Thieves take car, Driver Abducted from Mercedes

By TAMARA CHERRY, SUN MEDIA

The story of a Brampton man who was abducted from the downtown core, threatened with death and dumped on a highway following a minor fender-bender was almost too unbelievable -- even for police.

It all started outside The Guvernment nightclub on Queens Quay, where the man, identified only as Parm, and his friend Koka, had just left their friend's Punjabi CD release party at about 1:30 a.m. on Saturday.

Koka, 26, was driving his mom's Mercedes CLK430 in front of the club when a man driving a BMW inched into the back of the car. Koka got out to speak with the other driver and, within minutes, everything was resolved -- or so it seemed, Parm, 28, told the Sun yesterday.

Parm took the wheel. But just as he was ready to turn onto the Gardiner Expressway, the BMW and a Land Rover forced him off the road and to the entrance of the Air Canada Centre underground parking garage. "My friend got out and they started hitting him and he ran, took off," Parm recalled. "They hit me and pulled me out of the car."

Parm resisted as the group tried to force him into the Land Rover and punched him about the face. "There were four or five of them," he said. "I couldn't really do much."

Part of the group stole the Mercedes, while the Land Rover took off with Parm inside.

"One guy was telling the other guys to shoot me," he said. "Lots of thoughts were going through my mind. At one time I wanted to run, but then I had no place to run."

While one of the men postured he had a gun by putting a hand to his waist, no weapon was seen. Parm figures they drove up Hwy. 427 before pulling onto Hwy. 409, where his captors forced him on to the side of the road.

"I really don't know where it was to be honest. I was really shook up," he said. "I walked down to a street and waved someone down and he called police."

Peel Regional Police alerted Toronto cops and the case landed on Det. Ron Boyce's desk. Not until late Saturday afternoon did Koka file his police report, adding validity to the story. "That's how we pretty much said, 'You know what? This is real'," said Boyce. "It actually sounded quite a bit unbelievable."

Cops are looking for the Mercedes along with four men and a woman, all in their 20s or early 30s. They hope surveillance footage from the ACC will help.
http://www.torontosun.com/News/Toron...38186-sun.html
UltimateDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #15
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

what the ****?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: