Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2003, 01:07 AM   #1
blkNblue-e30
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to blkNblue-e30
Question Anyone get the itch for speed today??

I sware my car talks to me, she wanted to book, comin back from hamilton i got the itch, I blew by this corolla goin a hair over 200, i sware to god i shook that car into the slow lane! it was jokes!!!
anyone else get the need for speed lately?
blkNblue-e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 01:17 AM   #2
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

hmm i was the only car on hwy 7 for a good 1/4 mile ahead of me, so i ripped my car, i was up to 150, then the first car coming the otehr way, i saw the cop lights on top of the car so i slam the hell out of my brakes, the cop passes me i take my foot off the brakes so he cant see me braking and jam up my e brake to slow me down even more... thank god i didn't get busted.. it was a VERY VERY close call
Old 01-13-2003, 01:30 AM   #3
blkNblue-e30
1st Gear Newbie

Yea the ebrake is key isnt it... specially during night driving, once those po po see the brake lights come on they focus right on your ass
I also had a couple ebrake close calls today, i used to slow down with the gears but that made too much noise!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:49 AM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Re: Anyone get the itch for speed today??

Quote:
Originally posted by blkNblue-e30
I sware my car talks to me, she wanted to book, comin back from hamilton i got the itch, I blew by this corolla goin a hair over 200, i sware to god i shook that car into the slow lane! it was jokes!!!
anyone else get the need for speed lately?
DO I EVER, i mean i've still been pretty much PARANOID since my accident, and i've obeyed the limits, but lately, i can't help it anymore, and your not the ONLY one whose car talks to them, my car BEGS ME, over and over till i PLEASE HER!!!
i'm startin to take it up to 170-180 like it was my JOB!!!!
and it just keeps gettin worse!!!
i mean, soon enough i'll be doing 220 like its a school zone!!!
someone HELP!!!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:13 AM   #5
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

I had the 2002 doing 100 Mph today! LOL! Haven't pushed it past that mark...yet!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:27 AM   #6
blkNblue-e30
1st Gear Newbie

These cars of ours get us in allot of shit sometimes eh! And we get the blame, all were doin is in along for the ride!
It felt great hittin 2hundy today, doesnt happen much, that 190 to 200 transition seems to take forever for me though, but when you look out beside you, its like goin thru a time warp lol
Fastest Ive had my lil 4 banger is 213, goin down a slope hehe
its quite quick the lil bugger.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Yea the ebrake is key isnt it... specially during night driving, once those po po see the brake lights come on they focus right on your ass
I also had a couple ebrake close calls today, i used to slow down with the gears but that made too much noise!
you guys should put a switch on the dash that turns off your brake lights so when you have to slam down mr officer doesn't see =)

i have a switch like that on ALL my cars. it's a very easy install to do as well, i can help out anyone do it, but i'm not responsible if you forget to turn it on at night and somebody crashes into you from behind =)
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #8
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Quote:
These cars of ours get us in allot of shit sometimes eh! And we get the blame, all were doin is in along for the ride!
It felt great hittin 2hundy today, doesnt happen much, that 190 to 200 transition seems to take forever for me though, but when you look out beside you, its like goin thru a time warp lol
Fastest Ive had my lil 4 banger is 213, goin down a slope hehe
its quite quick the lil bugger.
Me and my buddy got up to 262 km/h in his dads 02 porsche C4s.. we just got on the 407 and off 1 exit later.. it was pretty fun....
on the way back from detroit, he got pulled over 2 times, 1 ticket is a promise to appear for doing 190 km/h in the porsche, and the other was 3 minutes after the first cop gave him a ticket , he got anohter one for doing 124 km/h... AND the cop found his radar detoector and he got busted for that.... so he has to go back to chatham for his 190 km/h ticket.... theres no set amount, just a promise to appear ... shitty! but oh well.... ****em
Old 01-16-2003, 03:06 AM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
you guys should put a switch on the dash that turns off your brake lights so when you have to slam down mr officer doesn't see =)

i have a switch like that on ALL my cars. it's a very easy install to do as well, i can help out anyone do it, but i'm not responsible if you forget to turn it on at night and somebody crashes into you from behind =)
wow, that SIR, is GENIUS!!!!!
your gonna have to tell me how to do that, i'd be VERY interested!!
doesn't sound hard though, i think i can figure the iring on my own, but where'd you put the button!?
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 04:02 AM   #10
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra

I was thinking of doing a variation of that, using the parking brake switch and a relay, once the hand brake is up a notch, the brake lights will be disabled.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 10:40 AM   #11
GladdoM3
5th Gear Member

I know how you guys feel about your cars. I had to put mine away for the winter. And everytime i go into my shop i see her sleeping with her blankets on. It hurts. Her and i should be in a warm climate all year round. She beggs me to drive her when i go into the shop.
I MISS HER SOOOOO BAD. I cant wait to take her out again. @!!

Sold My M3. Got a New Subaru STI
GladdoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 10:20 PM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally posted by GladdoM3
I know how you guys feel about your cars. I had to put mine away for the winter. And everytime i go into my shop i see her sleeping with her blankets on. It hurts. Her and i should be in a warm climate all year round. She beggs me to drive her when i go into the shop.
I MISS HER SOOOOO BAD. I cant wait to take her out again. @!!
\
see thats y im never gonna make the stupid mistake of put my car away for the winter, no matter what it might be.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #13
sonny
6th Gear Member

:)

On the QEW Hamilton, I was on my way to a golf course at like 6:45am this past summer, no cars around, I pushed my car to 201km/h then chickened out... but i got a good rush!

Last edited by sonny; 01-28-2003 at 01:01 AM.
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:31 AM   #14
Alezone
Capitalism

tonite at 7pm when i was on my way home from school.... slammed on the gas when i see the greeen lights ahead... didn't see how much i was going, but passed all the cars until there was no one ahead... and then I saw this ricer tryin to catch up, so I just let him fly by me. He must have thought it was a Civic... my friend said he couldn't tell the difference between a civic and my car from the back on the highway when it's dark
and last week, there was a blue civic hatch back parking at the same lot at school, my gf walked to that car and tried to get in... 2 sec later she realized the difference.

PORSCHE 981
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:11 PM   #15
platnumn
1st Gear Newbie

i take the highway 20 min to school every day....Usually take her over 100 at least 2 times a day for a good amount of time.....I dont know it just feels good to drive it fast, feels safe...kind of scary actually.
platnumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: