Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #31
Dammerung
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streethispgt View Post
Does anyone know of any good shops for alignment in the mississauga, oakville, burlington, or hamilton area?

Thanks.
Active green and ross at brittania and queen/mississauga road. did my allignment there after i did a full front suspension rebuild. it took them 3 hours since it was way off after doin the rebuild but it was str8 as an arrow. Cost me 75 bucks taxes included

Die Dämmerung..............when dusk began to fall, when dawn begins to break
Dammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #32
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streethispgt View Post
Called Can Alignment and they do it for $120. I know Bimmersport charges $110.

Seems kind of pricey, anyone know of any good cheaper places that do it?

Thanks.
CAN-Alignment knows what they are doing! They set up race cars and do corner balancing as well. The owner may might lecture a bit about suspension travel for slammed cars haha but he is s super nice guy.

I had my GT-R done there and E30 Girl had her dumped E36 done there.

http://prnmag.com/index.php?option=c...heel&Itemid=68

Last edited by careless7; 03-10-2010 at 12:47 PM.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #33
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
IMO, stay away from this place. Nice shop, but I got a $tealer-type experience here all around. In short, I spent 3 hours there and paid my $99 but didn't get an alignment, just an inspection because they eye-balled a few issues in the pre-inspection. What really pisses me off is that on my bill, they're pushing a $60 spring special which looks much more involved than the 30 minutes that the tech spent on my vehicle! And that $60 includes a lube!
kenmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #34
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Go to pan-pan alignment right by StanceFactory. Great price and the guy that did my car really put in the effort and was actually quite frustrated he couldn't get the rear toe to exactly what I wanted (he was 0.01 off both sides).

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #35
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member

Bumping up an old thread, just figured I'd put my 2 cents in.

I've had lowered cars for a while and I've always gone to woodbridge alignment simply because they have no rack and no matter the drop, they can still align it. I am not a fan of the attitude or price, but it was my only option.

I took a chance and decided to go elsewhere and just wanted to give the east end people a heads up on a well kept secret. A place at 600 danforth road called Level Auto seemed decent as per google reviews. I called them up, they had me in within the hour with no wait (by appointment). Very clean shop, younger guys using some of the latest laser equipment took care of my car and did an excellent job. Without me even giving them what I wanted they made sure not to over correct camber in case it rubs, toe was corrected, etc and i got a print out of everything before and after (most places don't even give you this). Aside from the excellent and timely service, they only charge $75 + tax for a 4 wheel alignment.

I am not affiliated to them, I don't know them, nor do I care to write reviews about shops, but considering what's out there, I'd highly recommend taking your business to these guys. You won't be disappointed.

www.levelauto.com
Old 03-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #36
Banned

Thanks for your review on lelevauto. I read a few good reviews about it and was planning on taking my car there, but now I definitely will. As soon as my RTABs arrive and I install them my car goes there. I hope I can make it before their special runs out.

CAN-alignment sure seem to be the best of the best, but is the price and the drive really worth it? Not to me.

I'm not driving a race car, just a grocery getter.
new member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #37
Steve30
Techno Viking

That's where I got my alignment done and I'm pretty happy. Mark dialed in my custom settings and he has good equipment. I'll be going back there after I install some more suspension goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36 View Post

I've had lowered cars for a while and I've always gone to woodbridge alignment simply because they have no rack and no matter the drop, they can still align it. I am not a fan of the attitude or price, but it was my only option.

I took a chance and decided to go elsewhere and just wanted to give the east end people a heads up on a well kept secret. A place at 600 danforth road called Level Auto seemed decent as per google reviews. I called them up, they had me in within the hour with no wait (by appointment). Very clean shop, younger guys using some of the latest laser equipment took care of my car and did an excellent job. Without me even giving them what I wanted they made sure not to over correct camber in case it rubs, toe was corrected, etc and i got a print out of everything before and after (most places don't even give you this). Aside from the excellent and timely service, they only charge $75 + tax for a 4 wheel alignment.

I am not affiliated to them, I don't know them, nor do I care to write reviews about shops, but considering what's out there, I'd highly recommend taking your business to these guys. You won't be disappointed.

www.levelauto.com

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #38
Banned

Just got my alignment done at levelauto. Took the car there due to the fact that my rear toe was way out and wore out the insides of my tires to the metal while the outside was almost new, also installed 4 tires.

Pretty satisfied, giving the fact that I'm a very picky and anal customer. Mark aligned it to what I wanted, no questions asked.

Very friendly service, clean place , organized and everyone called me Sir, which never happened in my life. So thats a plus.

This is my initial feedback, I'll be checking back after a few months to see if the alignment helped. Suspension is all new(fcab, rtab, rms, hats all new) so the only variable was alignment.
new member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #39
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Another happy LevelAuto customer . It was well worth the drive to Scarborough after getting a $99 screw-over at IAC, and a month searching, I'm glad I finally went to Level. They're amazingly fast and cheap. They had 3 techs working on my vehicle. I was in at my appt. time and out within 30 minutes. I feel like going there for regular service even though I'm a diehard DIYer.

I still can't get over the $1600 estimate for repairs that IAC tried to shove down my throat. I felt like reporting them to W5 after seeing their recent expose on car repair scams at places like C.T. and Active G.R. The IAC tech tried to turn a bit of left-over grease from a recent BJ replacement into a need to replace a non-existent ruptured rubber boot. At least they didn't intentionally swab new grease all over the place! They tried to hold me by wanting a deposit for parts. I have never seen that ploy before! Admittedly, I shouldn't have told them that I was going to do the repairs myself because that's probably why they charged me $99 for the 30 minute pre-inspection. I paid cash because I didn't want leave my credit card with those slimeballs. I guess you live and learn.

Last edited by kenmar; 04-17-2011 at 07:45 AM.
kenmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #40
RockerGuy
DIYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36 View Post

www.levelauto.com
If I had known, lol. I would have save the countless hours on research. But I found a good one also, really good guys and clean equipment.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...85#post1497385

Thanks for the link tho
RockerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #41
lexusfever
1st Gear Newbie

Did a fantastic job !

I went to level auto after all the good reviews i heard as well. Young and nice staff. Did a great job, allowed me to take some pics of my car which i am going to post. State of the art 3D imaging aligner.Gave me a break down of what was out, and corrected it to spec. Cleanest shop i have ever seen !

lexusfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #42
chevale
2nd Gear Member

And another vote for Level Auto. Decided to go there after reading good reviews. Very friendly staff, super clean place, state of the art equipment.
Will bring my other cars there.

And aquarium is pretty cool as well.
chevale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #43
Steve30
Techno Viking

I think all the money they make goes to maintaining that aquarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevale View Post
And another vote for Level Auto. Decided to go there after reading good reviews. Very friendly staff, super clean place, state of the art equipment.
Will bring my other cars there.

And aquarium is pretty cool as well.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #44
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

Altech is a great place also
and u can't beat the $60 dollar price. Alot of ppl on the e90post and mazda3toronto forum use them
Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #45
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member

there doesn't seem to be any consensus here

i gonna need to run some neg. camber in the rear on my lowered e46 and i want to bring it somewhere that is knowledgeable as well as comfortable working with camber plates on a lowered vehicle. i'll keep looking!
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: