Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #61
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Damn, I was wrong. A minter Evo3 doesn't sell for $50k. I apologize. Instead, a junker Evo3 sells for $65k. I guess that prices have appreciated way more than I thought...

Junker
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...&pageNumber=23

Average
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...&pageNumber=24

I wonder what's the rate now for a minter. Hmmm... Lemme guess. Over $80k for an Evo 3. There must be something special about that car so that people are willing to pay more for it than a brand new e46 M3. BTW That's even not a low mileage yet. Expect perhaps $100k for a cream puff.
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...&pageNumber=24

Last edited by Lee; 04-30-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #62
SickFinga

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...u&pageNumber=1

Resale value of M3 Evo Sport can't even touch resale value on this thing.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #63
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
Im with tominizer on this one, you fags need to drive an e30 m3, to appreciate the car.

**** the thought about a new civic or gti beating it in a straightline or a track, those cars dont look like e30 m3's . and they sure as hell dont feel like them. /thread
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #64
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpectacle View Post
Im with tominizer on this one, you fags need to drive an e30 m3, to appreciate the car.

**** the thought about a new civic or gti beating it in a straightline or a track, those cars dont look like e30 m3's . and they sure as hell dont feel like them. /thread

AMEEEEEN!!!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #65
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...u&pageNumber=1

Resale value of M3 Evo Sport can't even touch resale value on this thing.
So, are you also going to argue that there's no reason for such a price, and that the UR Quattro is slower than your Honda?
Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #66
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
So, are you also going to argue that there's no reason for such a price, and that the UR Quattro is slower than your Honda?
1. Read again what I typed in this thread, you clearly missed the point.
2. I don't have a Honda.
3. I don't know if it's slower than a Honda, but it is slower than an EVO VI.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #67
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I dont think some folks understand the meaning of a classic or an icon.
Sure new cars are faster and more comfortable etc. But there is a reason people prefer older cars. That is not easily understood by someone who hasnt experienced both ends of new and old!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #68
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

comparing a mustang to a m3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyclxton View Post
you'd be an idiot to pay 15,000 -20,000 for that car, you can get a rolling shell for a 2grand i wouldn't pay more than 10K for a 18 year old M3 I dont know why people think they are gold, maybe when there is 1000 left in the world they'd be worth that much my dad's 1970 MACH1 is a special order and very few were made with this colour combination and motor set-up and he only piad 4500 for it and thats with the car full of parts 2 sets of craigers, 4 bucket seats 2 back seats 2 dash boards a fiber glass hood and a steel hood, fiber glass doors new full quaters new fenders.... the parts we got you couldn't get for 4500 bucks... you never know the situation that the seller is in, but I wouldn't buy a car with out taking a look over it first try and contact the seller and see where he's located and talk to him
how on earth can u compare a mach 1 mustang to an e30? yes the mach 1 is a rareity now adays, sure its got a shit load of torque, but u can find parts for that car left and right, not to mention, u have about a million other mustang models to choose from, an M3 is an M3, this car is a classic, handles like its on rails, has a little 4 banger thatll feed it to most v8's, theres no comparing the 2!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #69
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
e30 m3's are amazing in almost every way for the time, time changes and the car still has a huge following,,,,that robb m3 guys obsession should say enough, to each their own.

Mines still in the family, and If i dont get it back ill find another one. no doubt
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #70
cisco911
6th Gear Member

See what you guys are not seeing is that we are not arguing the fact that the car is a great car and deserves the accolades. We are saying that just in todays day and time, in a world with super intelligent traction control, smart differentials, and flappypaddle gear boxes, amongst other things, these old cars are dinosaurs. And don't come here saying things like "well, a race prepped car is still really quick" or " if you put an S50 in it, it will smoke alot of modern cars" because we aren't talking about modded cars, we are talking about factory spec. Now if your a purest and want the bare feeling of the road and don't want any electronic nannies messing with your driving experience, etc. thats fine and great, but don't expect to pull up to a modern car and think that your still the king of the hill, cuz your far down the line my friend.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #71
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
See what you guys are not seeing is that we are not arguing the fact that the car is a great car and deserves the accolades. We are saying that just in todays day and time, in a world with super intelligent traction control, smart differentials, and flappypaddle gear boxes, amongst other things, these old cars are dinosaurs. And don't come here saying things like "well, a race prepped car is still really quick" or " if you put an S50 in it, it will smoke alot of modern cars" because we aren't talking about modded cars, we are talking about factory spec. Now if your a purest and want the bare feeling of the road and don't want any electronic nannies messing with your driving experience, etc. thats fine and great, but don't expect to pull up to a modern car and think that your still the king of the hill, cuz your far down the line my friend.
?????

Last summer *ALL* BMW M-cars ever made were put up against each other to determine the ultimate M car ever built. I have the article at home. E30 M3 was number one of all time............. period. It included the newest and greatest M3, M5 and M6. ........... how can what you say be ?!?!?!? Unless it's just that the latest and greatest M cars are only for wealthly fat old men and not truly M cars at all. But all those cars have the latest gizmos and junk you mention above.............. so I don't get it ?!?!??!
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #72
cisco911
6th Gear Member

^^^And what were the criteria for comparision?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #73
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Well. The initial posts were about e30 M3 prices. To which, many members replied that that price is in correlation with rarity, historical significance, and fun to drive. The e30 M3 will not only be as colectible as a Ferrari Dino, but it is also solid German engineering that can be driven hard on a race track, where it belongs.

While any e36, e46 or e92 M3 will long be forgotten, rusting away and replaced by a newer car with even more gizmos, the original M3 is the one we will all want to drive and possess. It is the car that was designed originally as an homologation special for Group A, and was so successfull it became the touring car that won the most races in the automotive history. If it is not enough to command a premium, then maybe you should get a ride as a passenger with me. If that car makes the top 10 of the best handling car ever, and regularly top the charts as the most cherished sport car, then maybe it is worth the reputation.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #74
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
If it is not enough to command a premium, then maybe you should get a ride as a passenger with me.
HAHAHA. Dude, I have driven everything underneath the sun(excluding extreme exotics like an Enzo and Mclaren F1), so I don't need to be a passenger in your 20 year old M3.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #75
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
If it is not enough to command a premium, then maybe you should get a ride as a passenger with me.
You're again going back to performance. You're above the average dildo who just likes this car because of all the hype - you know it inside out and you even have one, which you track. What does your car offer over any stock E30 which can be had for 500 bucks, which I can't get by changing the control arm bushings and steering rack (or even better if I use a 95 M3 one) to make it the TOP 10 ALL TIME GREATEST HANDLING CAR EVER, and if I really wanted to duplicate the experience, swapping in a high ratio diff and an S14 (which I wouldn't do but they can be found for a couple of grand, we're just talking about purely what makes the M3 so special)?

See, if you take a true classic like an F40, it has out of this world performance and engineering, and there is no car that costs 50 times less that is basically the same thing, with a slightly weaker engine, a taller diff, a pair of different suspension bushings and 4 less lug nuts. The M3 is slow in stock form with a suspension design obsolete even for its day, and it's a couple of parts and a bodykit away from what is today considered a beater. Again, no one is questioning heritage or personal value but can we please drop the top 10 all time performance cars pretentions (thanks to common sense, not magazine accolades from narrow scope reviews and the same subjective opinions expressed in this thread)?

Last edited by BigD; 05-01-2008 at 10:31 AM.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: