Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #46
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Ummmm...you just disproved yourself. It came in number 6 in the list of top sports cars of the 80s.....so it wasn't number one back then either, so why would it be now????

Where did anyone say it was #1 then or now in this thread........... sorry, I missed that part. Maybe I can't read. Who posted that? Was it Sickfinga;
Quote:
"5. Just because it's on the list of cars to drive before you dies, IT DOES NOT MEAN IT'S THE BEST RWD CAR!! geez why am I still here"
Boots R, I think you are confused..............

GTI in the bang for the buck department. Wow, it is awesome. Of course it's on that list. No one can dispute that. Seen what a good 80's Audi Quattro fetches now ?!?!?!? Ouch. I don't understand the point being made ??? Anyways, looking up the list and into the later years, no mention of ANY other BMW cars at all........ no E36's nothing. Weird. Actually BMW fairs pretty badly considering they're suppost to be the ultimate driving machine. Only the M1 and the E30 M3 rank for generally available production cars.

It's actually rather interesting as to the reaction this E30 M3 vehicle creates. This arguement has been had over and over again on other forums as well. A lot of haters and non-believers regarding what the E30 M3 represents.

Last edited by tominizer; 04-30-2008 at 12:42 PM.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #47
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I think you're kinda confuse, Boots didn't write that comment you quoted it was Sickfinga, and it was Magnus that kept on saying it's number 1.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #48
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
...It's actually rather interesting as to the reaction this E30 M3 vehicle creates. This arguement has been had over and over again on other forums as well. A lot of haters and non-believers regarding what the E30 M3 represents.
Yeah Tom, the E30 M3 is complete bullsh*t. We should find all disgruntled owners and offer them a few G's each.

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #49
SickFinga

Quote:
Where did anyone say it was #1 then or now in this thread........... sorry, I missed that part. Maybe I can't read. Who posted that? Was it Sickfinga;
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Then you have all the major racing drivers swearing by this car as the best RWD car ever.

Magnus, look up all touring car races, and see how other BMWs (e36, e46, e90) did/doing. There are pretty successful.
But that's not the point. The point is, stock E30 M3 is not THE SHIT in terms of handling today.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #50
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Actually BMW fairs pretty badly considering they're suppost to be the ultimate driving machine.
Yup, so badly.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #51
cisco911
6th Gear Member

See, I don't mind you loving the car and appreciating the heritage of the car and all that stuff. The E30 M3 was a great car for its time. What doesn't make sense is for you to sit here and try to justify this car being the best thing sinced sliced bread. You say its fast, people say there are cars that are newers, faster and cheaper than a used M3, so you said "lets see how much they are worth 20 years from now" and "lets see how competitive they are 20 years from now." Are you trying to state that you think the E30 M3 is still competitive in today's time????
Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #52
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco911 View Post
See, I don't mind you loving the car and appreciating the heritage of the car and all that stuff. The E30 M3 was a great car for its time. What doesn't make sense is for you to sit here and try to justify this car being the best thing sinced sliced bread. You say its fast, people say there are cars that are newers, faster and cheaper than a used M3, so you said "lets see how much they are worth 20 years from now" and "lets see how competitive they are 20 years from now." Are you trying to state that you think the E30 M3 is still competitive in today's time????
I'm glad to see I'm not insane. As been said by myself, cisco and others, no one here is trying to question your love of the car. But there is absolutely no hope in trying to prove it as anything special as a sum of its parts by today's standards and prices.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #53
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
I think what most of the confusion on the E30 M3 is knowledge on what and where it came from and the fact that people like Tom ( sorry to knock on the age ) where driving cars back then and it was a HUGE improvement from all the other crap out there... you can't compare apples and oranges... and what you are doing is just that.

The E30 M3, for it's time was THE SHIT and a lot of people when comparing cars make " like " comparisons. So, if you took and E30 M3 in it's day and compared it to an E36 M3 in it's day that's the only fair way to compare the two cars... you can't compare the E30 M3 to an E36 M3 because they are in different eras.

Anyways... they are appreciating in value.. 3 - 5% each year for stock, euro, or moded versions.....simply because there are less and less each year due to age, accidents, being tracked out, etc. etc... and due to the basic laws of economics... supply and demand!

If you drive one, no matter at what age or driving ability, I am almost sure that you will love it and will remember it for sure.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #54
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
that makes too much sense. You're just going to confuse Magnus.
Your funny!
I bet you are a special treat to any party!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #55
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Yeah, prepare for more lessons in how to use every logical fallacy in the book.
Not to worry through post from here i have realised you cant teach a brick how to whistle although its got holes!

Lo they do call to me
Old 04-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #56
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Ummmm...you just disproved yourself. It came in number 6 in the list of top sports cars of the 80s.....so it wasn't number one back then either, so why would it be now???? And I know your going to say that the cars above it are cars like the Ferrari F40, which is true, but the audi quattro and VW Rabbit GTI also beat it on the list, so its not just super cars that are considered better than the E30 M3.

Also, when you asked what cars gain value or keep value like the E30 M3, people mentioned cars like the Mistub Evos, Skylines, and Supras. Your response was that they were newer. How new it is was not relivant to your question. You asked what cars hold or gain value. The Supra MKIV started in 1993 and ended in 1998. That makes it atleast a 10 year old car and can be as old as 15 years old. Look them up in the states(cuz its almost impossible to find them in canada for sale) and you will see that one in great shape will cost you a pretty penny. One with low kms will go for $50k+.
I never said it was the best car ever. I said that if you ask racing drivers that were involved at some point with the car they will say its the best RWD. Offcourse that does not make it better than an F40 but at least for its class it was and i think still is. After all nowdays there are 600bhp E30 M3s that can handle the power.

As for Skylines and Supras The price there offcourse is higher as especially skylines are difficult to get hold off. In the UK you can buy an R33 GTR for 7000GBP in top condition. But an Evo Sport goes for at least 3 times that! Supras are even cheaper. The Supra came out just after the E30 stopped (1992) So i was comparing what a supra would cost when it is 15 years old compared to an e30 now.

Lo they do call to me
Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #57
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Magnus, look up all touring car races, and see how other BMWs (e36, e46, e90) did/doing. There are pretty successful.
But that's not the point. The point is, stock E30 M3 is not THE SHIT in terms of handling today.
I did not say BMW was not succesfull overall. But the e36 and forwrd used engines not available to the general public while the e30 did.
As for the handling well.. thats your opinion and correct me if i am wrong but you havent driven one!

Lo they do call to me
Old 04-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #58
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Your funny!
I bet you are a special treat to any party!
Actually, I am.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #59
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
It depends how you mean competative. Amongst NA cars of up to 2.5lt and in racing trim yes it is.
And in more detail, to be honnest yes the engine is not as powerfull today. However an E30 M3 with S50 on and even in normal form is still a very good allround track car. And by this i mean tha chassis wise it still is extremely good and in my opinion few cars have better chassis than that even today.

I am not trying to prove this as the best car ever(although some people in here are trying to say i did) But saying that its just a pile of parts is a comment that anyone with a BMW should be tortured for even thinking it.

Lo they do call to me
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #60
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
Actually, I am.
Does the partys you attend involve more folks?

Lo they do call to me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: