Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
philthy328
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to philthy328
Bmw M3 e30 FS.... Scam?

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=218811

scam?
philthy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
for $4500? yes it's a scam, no way a E30 M3 in that condition cost so little, that M3 is worth minimum $15,000-20,000.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
philthy328
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to philthy328
hahah i thought so, my friend just wouldnt believe me
philthy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Quack
Wheelman

tell him that a E30 M3 shell cost more than $4500, I remember someone on here was selling a rolling chassis for $8000.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
Shoes R
Shoes R

you'd be an idiot to pay 15,000 -20,000 for that car, you can get a rolling shell for a 2grand i wouldn't pay more than 10K for a 18 year old M3 I dont know why people think they are gold, maybe when there is 1000 left in the world they'd be worth that much my dad's 1970 MACH1 is a special order and very few were made with this colour combination and motor set-up and he only piad 4500 for it and thats with the car full of parts 2 sets of craigers, 4 bucket seats 2 back seats 2 dash boards a fiber glass hood and a steel hood, fiber glass doors new full quaters new fenders.... the parts we got you couldn't get for 4500 bucks... you never know the situation that the seller is in, but I wouldn't buy a car with out taking a look over it first try and contact the seller and see where he's located and talk to him
Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
Quack
Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyclxton View Post
you'd be an idiot to pay 15,000 -20,000 for that car, you can get a rolling shell for a 2grand i wouldn't pay more than 10K for a 18 year old M3 I dont know why people think they are gold, maybe when there is 1000 left in the world they'd be worth that much my dad's 1970 MACH1 is a special order and very few were made with this colour combination and motor set-up and he only piad 4500 for it and thats with the car full of parts 2 sets of craigers, 4 bucket seats 2 back seats 2 dash boards a fiber glass hood and a steel hood, fiber glass doors new full quaters new fenders.... the parts we got you couldn't get for 4500 bucks... you never know the situation that the seller is in, but I wouldn't buy a car with out taking a look over it first try and contact the seller and see where he's located and talk to him

sounds like you don't know much about E30 M3's, I've been looking for them for years, was planning on getting one as a track car, I thought a $10,000 budget was good, and it was, it you're lucky, but after a year gone by the price for a decent E30 M3 went up to $12,000, and the price went up every year, I agree with you that they are overpriced, but it's almost impossible to find a good condition E30 M3's for under $10,000, unless it doesn't have the S14 motor & has been written off, if you check on the autotrader right now there is one for sale, the seller is asking $24,000, it is crazy I know.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
i wouldn't pay more than 10K for a 18 year old M3 I dont know why people think they are gold
And that's exactly why you'll never own one. The market is up there, just because you don't "feel" that the price is fair doesn't mean it isn't realistic.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #8
tominizer
6th Gear Member

YEs, there's something madly wrong with that ad. I luv the bit about the redline. Oh yeah.

Quote:
you'd be an idiot to pay 15,000 -20,000 for that car, you can get a rolling shell for a 2grand i wouldn't pay more than 10K for a 18 year old M3 I dont know why people think they are gold, maybe when there is 1000 left in the world they'd be worth that much
I luv it when people say stupid azz shit like this. You really have no clue and are just pulling crap outta your azz to try and come off sounding like you know something about the market. Well, let me bring you up to speed. You know nothing about the value of E30 M3's if you make such an idiotic statement. And your personal opinion of the value has really no bearing in the real world. So next time you feel it's necessary to make a comment, ask yourself this........ do I really know what the fuk I'm talking about or am I just acting like a dumbazz to waste bandwidth on the MAX ??????

And it's fine if it's your own personal opinion as that's what the internet and forums are for........ but a rolling shell is not a solid car that's on the road and worthy............ especially when it comes to M3's. Put one together ......... and then come report back how you spent only $10K. Not possible unless it's a total piece of unsorted shit. Ask me how I know...................

Last edited by tominizer; 04-29-2008 at 08:39 AM.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
Shoes R
Shoes R

or hmm let me see who's the dumbass.... the people who are paying that much for a 18 year old E30. Because if people weren't stupid and realized how dumb they are for paying that much for them, then they'd never have purchased for that much and then sellers would realize hey i can't sell it for that much maybe i should lower the price just like when the PS3 were selling for thousands of dollars on ebay just a huge mark up on the black book value.... look and see how much E30 M3's are really worth..4-12 grand max!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #10
Shoes R
Shoes R

maybe a mint one with 30,000KM i'd pay 24,000 for but not 150-250 thousand KM's thats Ridicules
Old 04-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
That is an E30 EVO.

The car isn't viewable prior to purchasing. This, more often than not, means it is in fact a scam.

Any car's maximum worth is determined by what one is willing to pay for it.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #12
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
look and see how much E30 M3's are really worth..4-12 grand max!
Sorry, but you are clearly wrong. No one in there right mind is going to sell a decent running e30 m3 for 4 grand. Just like no one who is really looking to pick one up would consider one that is selling for 4 grand.

4 grand might get you something like this
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=108747

As the owner stated, all said and done he will probably be looking at 15k or more sunk into it.

With your value of e30 m3s then what are normal e30s worth? sub $1000?

I do not get why people consistently get there panties in a knot over what e30 m3s go for.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
tominizer
6th Gear Member

This is what happens to people trying to restore E30 M3's that think they can do it on a burgerking fries and coke budget.

The only people I've seen restore E30 M3's for *relatively* decent money have owned a mechanics garage and a body shop......... and done most of the work themselves. AND STILL cost them good dough.

Last edited by tominizer; 04-29-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #14
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
I do not get why people consistently get there panties in a knot over what e30 m3s go for.
Because as a sum of its parts, the car itself is really quite crappy. But as was said earlier, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, period. A Picasso is just some old paint and canvas, a Stradivarius is just a small pile of wood with some metal strings. For the price of a clean low mileage M3 you can get any one of a number of brand new compact sedans (like the civic si, vw gti etc or a used s2000) which will run circles around the M3, in a straight line and even more so on a road course. But you can also get a beautiful poster for 5 bucks or a perfectly good used cello for 500. I'll never understand it but some things aren't for you to understand.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #15
tominizer
6th Gear Member

A lot of people don't understand and get the E30 M3. It's not for everyone. And you know what, that's perfectly fine. I personally don't give a shit that you may prefer a Honda Civic for less money. But the fact of the matter is this........ the E30 M3 has proven time and time again that, as a total package, it's one of the ultimate driver's cars............ even still today. You can go on denying it and chirpin' about all kinda of shit to dispute it, but it is a proven fact. AND, I really don't give a shit what it's worth on the market. Just don't tell me you can build one for cheap because that is total bullshit.

Go on and enjoy whatever you own. Everyone has their own passions and tastes in vehicle. Just don't be a hater about shit you don't fundamentally understand.

BTW, last year in Europe, a well know magazine ran the ultimate BMW M test with EVERY BMW m car ever built. That included the M1 all the way to the lastest and greatest M5 (V10) and M3 (V8). The hands down winner was the E30 M3 as the ultimate M car ever built (total package). That surprised a lot of people. I personally still can't quite see it........... but regardless, it was a strange result considering you rarely ever see something from that much of an older generation beating something current. But it was what it is and it's something that a lot of people will back up. The car is that good if you understand it as a package.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: