Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Apollo Detailing: 1993 Mazda 626

I just finished up a Detailing Seminar with some Maxers here and had some energy left and decided to do a test on a 1993 Mazda 626 that has been sitting for about 2 years.

I wanted to do this to see if indeed I could bring life back to paint that has suffered years without even a basic wash. It has also been sitting and there are several sections of the vehicle that have suffered from clear coat failure.

Porter Cable
4" LC Pads, Orange, Yellow, White
Menzerna PG, FP
2000 Grit Colour Sand Paper

The challenge

Step One: Wetsanding with 2000 grit

Removal of 2000 wetsanding scratches

HoldenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Pass #2 with Menzerna PG

Pass #3 with Menzerna PG

Pass #4 with Menzerna PG

Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Pass #1 with Menzerna FP

Final finish with Menzerna FP

Do not ever say I am not dedicated.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

From earlier, this is what a proper wash looks like...

Old 04-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

WOW, you give me hope about the condition that my paint is in.

I'm having trouble finding some stuff about detailing on your website. Do you have a write up on the products you use and the methods you go by?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo View Post
WOW, you give me hope about the condition that my paint is in.

I'm having trouble finding some stuff about detailing on your website. Do you have a write up on the products you use and the methods you go by?
This is the closest thing I have: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101994
Old 04-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

This looks like good work.
I REALLY need to set up a time to come and see you. We need to talk about some paint correction and such. I'd like to see what you offer and if your prices are reasonble.
I am pretty busy the next few weeks, but if you shoot me your # via PM, I will try to contact you.

PS. Do you also do dent removal.

I am really on the fence about getting a respray or getting a nice detail job. There are 2 areas that require attention on my car, so the dillemma is ongoing.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
This looks like good work.
I REALLY need to set up a time to come and see you. We need to talk about some paint correction and such. I'd like to see what you offer and if your prices are reasonble.
I am pretty busy the next few weeks, but if you shoot me your # via PM, I will try to contact you.

PS. Do you also do dent removal.

I am really on the fence about getting a respray or getting a nice detail job. There are 2 areas that require attention on my car, so the dillemma is ongoing.
Thank you. I did not see you at my Detail Seminar.

If you are serious about it, give me a date when you are available and I can set up an inspection and consultation. If you're happy with the service I provide, leave it with me and if not, you can be on your way.

First date I have available is April 28.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenC View Post
Thank you. I did not see you at my Detail Seminar.

If you are serious about it, give me a date when you are available and I can set up an inspection and consultation. If you're happy with the service I provide, leave it with me and if not, you can be on your way.

First date I have available is April 28.
You did not see me because I work weekends,weekdays, whenever I can, otherwise I can't afford to have a car which needs detailing.
I am at work, as I am typing this. I have my busy weeks, and my slow weeks.

The seminar finished at the time I got off work that day. I don't blame you though, you did it on your own time, so it is only fair that it is convenient for you and the majority. I wish I could have made it.

I want someone to look at it for sure. It needs to get dents pulled(someone is trying to set up a GB), detailed, and 2 attention spots done.

I am looking at around early May for a consultation on a day, I have off (won't know until a day or 2 before).

That is why I figure having your business # to contact you would be good, as I can set something up last minute. Then, after the consultation, I can plan a few days ahead and plan a drop off, as I need to arrange a ride home.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #10
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
You did not see me because I work weekends,weekdays, whenever I can, otherwise I can't afford to have a car which needs detailing.
I am at work, as I am typing this. I have my busy weeks, and my slow weeks.

The seminar finished at the time I got off work that day. I don't blame you though, you did it on your own time, so it is only fair that it is convenient for you and the majority. I wish I could have made it.

I want someone to look at it for sure. It needs to get dents pulled(someone is trying to set up a GB), detailed, and 2 attention spots done.

I am looking at around early May for a consultation on a day, I have off (won't know until a day or 2 before).

That is why I figure having your business # to contact you would be good, as I can set something up last minute. Then, after the consultation, I can plan a few days ahead and plan a drop off, as I need to arrange a ride home.
I understand you could not make it to my Detailing Seminar. It's unfortunate, because a number of fellow automotive enthusiasts were in attendance and were able to learn a lot about this trade.

If you are interested in getting your M5 serviced by Apollo Detailing, you may visit my website at http://www.apollodetailing.com. You will also find all my contact information is there, with my phone number listed on the front page.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: