Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-29-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Radar detectors

Ok I know they are illegal, but was wondering how many police cruisers in toronto are equipped to detect radar detectors? Ive heard that only a few like 5 T.O cars can detect radar detectors in toronto. Also if the radar detector is turned off, can they detect it?

My cousin has one hard wired in his E30 M3 and he has never been caught with it, so...........
Old 01-29-2003, 01:20 AM   #2
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Never heard of anyone being able to detect a radar detector, you sure thats true ?
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:20 AM   #3
Miguel
...Delt Smash

My buddy got booked for his. They confiscated it and gave him a $350 ticket if I remember correctly.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:23 AM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
My buddy got booked for his. They confiscated it and gave him a $350 ticket if I remember correctly.
Yeah but he had it in open view right? Im positive that if its turned off, then they cant detect it. I would hardwire one, so.....
Old 01-29-2003, 01:25 AM   #5
SickFinga

Mkgino, on the way to Detroit when I got pulled over for speeding cop asked me if I had a radar detector because his equipment showed them that I have one. I said NO, he said ok, I will search the car, but after they smelled the interior they started to look for something else.

P.S. I didn't have the radar.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:26 AM   #6
Miguel
...Delt Smash

ya, his was one that plugged into the cigarette adaptor, he stashed it when he saw the cops cherries and the cop just walked up to his car and said "wheres the detector?". Cop completely knew it was there. What do you mean by hardwire?
Old 01-29-2003, 01:27 AM   #7
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
i think they just wanted to search the car.. theres was no detector.. if there was we wouldnt be cought speeding 150!
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:31 AM   #8
Lil'Smoothie

they are undetectable if switched off. GR8 Ride (i think) was sayin a few days ago toronto police have new detector, dtectors that will bust the best of radars, not even the guys at valentine have an annswer yet.

my dads buddy had one hidden behind his deck in his ride. the cop pulled him over cuz he detected it, askedd him where it was and made him rip it out
Old 01-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #9
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
ya, his was one that plugged into the cigarette adaptor, he stashed it when he saw the cops cherries and the cop just walked up to his car and said "wheres the detector?". Cop completely knew it was there. What do you mean by hardwire?
You kinda wire it to power, open the dashboard up, hide it somewhere under the dash, and then put your dash board back together. My cousin has it wired up so that when his radio is on, radar is on, when its off, detector turns off also.......
Old 01-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #10
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

A cop mistook the overhead Active Check Panel in my E30 for a radar detector once.

Hardwire - basically make it a permanent part of the car. Wired directly into the electrical system, no cigarette lighter plug or anything. Usually set up in a trick enclosure.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:22 AM   #11
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Where is a good place to hide it? Doesn't the detector need like...a clear view out the front? It just can't be hidden anywhere can it?
Old 01-29-2003, 02:25 AM   #12
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ti Compact
Where is a good place to hide it? Doesn't the detector need like...a clear view out the front? It just can't be hidden anywhere can it?
The V1 can with the Invisi Rear view mirror that displays the same thing that the display of the V1 has on it, through the mirror

if not you just hear the thing beep!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg litup.jpg (17.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-29-2003, 02:31 AM   #13
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

A cop on one of those motorcycles saw mine as I was stopped at a red light. He motioned me to roll the window down, so I rolled it slightly. He then said all the way down. When I did that he said "I thought I saw a radar detector...pull over on the side of the road". I was two minutes away from parking my car and shutting down the passport. Damn!
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:40 AM   #14
IVAN
5th Gear Member

I know cople of my friends that have Ford F150 pick up truck and he ran away from cops on those lil streets so a cops lost him ... Btw i think that cop can find out hmmm I do not think they are that dumn but who knows...
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #15
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
The V1 can with the Invisi Rear view mirror that displays the same thing that the display of the V1 has on it, through the mirror

if not you just hear the thing beep!
Really? So like...you can hide the V1 inside the dashboard or glovebox?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: