Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-29-2003, 04:29 PM   #46
Phantom
Automation geek

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Yes it can be done
Well, it hasn't happened yet, but if they did, they'd have to know the automation program inside out because it's customized.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:55 PM   #47
carreraboy911
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to carreraboy911
Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
I saw your list of vehicles that you own and I had to wonder... what is your favourite? how do you wake up in the summer and try to choose between the ducati and the porsche? and an M3 on the way too!!!
It's like trying to choose between the blonde and brunette, who's better.. hard to day, depends on a mood, but Porsche is a raw, hard core whore, who you never gonna forget, M3 is a nice slut who you think of dating for fun, Ducati..ehh... no words to describe

carreraboy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:08 PM   #48
WASABI
OG

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
Home automation.
That's interesting ! Are you using PLC or PC ? I'd love to do that too when I get a house. I'd like to get rid of all switches for the lights and control them based on human thermal sensors. Voice recognition for appliances, remote temperature sensors ... blah blah blah.

BTW ... for me ... GOLF every chance I get.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:11 PM   #49
Phantom
Automation geek

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
That's interesting ! Are you using PLC or PC ? I'd love to do that too when I get a house. I'd like to get rid of all switches for the lights and control them based on human thermal sensors. Voice recognition for appliances, remote temperature sensors ... blah blah blah.

BTW ... for me ... GOLF every chance I get.
PC..........It offers a little more flexibility, and you can write your own scripts. Your human thermal sensor all over the house idea is great. Only problem is it may respond to other heat sources, and run you costly electricity bills( I learned the hard way). The only heat sensors I have are in a guest washroom which doesn't see much traffic and no alternate heat sources(except steam from hot water) are present

Last edited by Phantom; 01-29-2003 at 05:15 PM.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:24 PM   #50
WASABI
OG

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
PC..........It offers a little more flexibility, and you can write your own scripts. Your human thermal sensor all over the house idea is great. Only problem is it may respond to other heat sources, and run you costly electricity bills( I learned the hard way). The only heat sensors I have are in a guest washroom which doesn't see much traffic and no alternate heat sources(except steam from hot water) are present
I'm in process automation (PLC Programmer) so I have access to some nice software packages, but we're currently looking into PC controls as well for some of our future machines.

How about using it (thermal sensor) in conjuction with a motion sensor? You might be able to get away with not having it in the kitchen, or have a different method of control (pressure pads under the tiles?)

Hopefully I'll have more spare time soon to plan this project, because with this growing technology, almost anything is possible.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:28 PM   #51
Phantom
Automation geek

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
I'm in process automation (PLC Programmer) so I have access to some nice software packages, but we're currently looking into PC controls as well for some of our future machines.

How about using it (thermal sensor) in conjuction with a motion sensor? You might be able to get away with not having it in the kitchen, or have a different method of control (pressure pads under the tiles?)

Hopefully I'll have more spare time soon to plan this project, because with this growing technology, almost anything is possible.

I like the pressure pad idea but I'm seeing several shades of $$$$$$$$$$$$...........

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: