Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Never mind, I found a dealership owner who did it for 10 bucks as he was closing. Put the car up on a hoist and everything. I'm satisfied!
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #17
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Generally for an appraisal, if it's your insurance company requesting it, they will provide* a few companies/people who's reports are acceptable to them. Using a "preferred appraiser" can save you some hassle.

*Your broker/agent/bank/insurance company can't offer the referrals without you requesting it as you are entitled to select whoever you wish to appraise your vehicle. However, the insurer reserves the right to decline an appraisal that lacks sufficient detail.

When an appraisal has been requested, clarify exactly what they are looking for. Sometimes they are only looking for an educated opinion of the replacement value of a vehicle which can be a simple 1 page report with very little detail, other times it can be a much more in depth, "vehicle condition and equipment assessment" which is several pages and contains multiple pictures. Obviously you will pay more for the more detailed appraisal, so make sure you aren't paying for an insufficient report or more than you need.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Granpa's is nasty! My friend used them a long time ago, and even then they didn't have a fricken clue! I wish I could recall the guy that I used for my Challenger - he was very professional, and I got a nice portfolio with pictures and his assessment and it looked great. I don't have the car anymore (stupid divorce!) but I am sure that the appraisal is in storage somewhere. I 'think' the guy was out in Vars, tho.
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: