Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Engin33r
2nd Gear Member

Body Kit Question

Does anyone know if the bumpers and door panels from this e30 are part of the MTech 2 kit?

How does the MTech 2 replica kit from eurostyle compare? I haven't been able to find any good FINISHED pictures of the eurostyle kit on here.

lots of pics with it on, but no paint :<

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/gara...ages/i3754.jpg

Full Car:
http://www.reallymeansounds.com/gara...26&garageid=20

thx,
Engin33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

my lord i forgot all about this kit.

NEW MOD THIS SUMMER!!! MTECH II for my 4 doorrrr. or atleast some of the parts if i cant get all.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Eurostyle's body kits are probably the best fitting FG kits available. Not only that, he backs up his products, and is always willing to help anyway he can.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Go OEM or go home.

Search up the member name Jase. He had a Eurostyle kit on his car. Thats a good example of why go OEM or go home.

Edit. the car in the link the OP has is an OEM kit BTW.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Last edited by craz azn; 04-12-2008 at 02:04 PM.
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Go OEM or go home.

Search up the member name Jase. He had a Eurostyle kit on his car. Thats a good example of why go OEM or go home.

Edit. the car in the link the OP has is an OEM kit BTW.
Yeah, thats the reason why you shouldnt let monkeys do your bodywork! That is the one missfitted kit, how about the 100 others that are happy!??? And if you wanna talk shit about my products, why dont you say anything to my face instead of posting?

Way better then the quality YOU got from BCauto...but you dont point fingers at them! Even tho they are more expensive...

And yes, nothing beats OEM, but for $4000+ for a new kit, on a 20 year old car, i bet it still wont fit as it should (if you are crazy to pay that).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rtytry.jpg (191.7 KB, 160 views)
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!

Last edited by Eurostyle; 04-13-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:01 AM   #6
89M3
2nd Gear Member

We are lucky that guys like Eurostyle and others are making these kits and selling it for peanuts.I went to BCauto and lets just say,they treat you like shit.Anyone else had this happen to them?
89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
Whip_lash
3rd Gear Member

I've heard nothing but good things about eurostyles products, esspecially from the guys at e30tech.com, beats the hell out of any other aftermarket fiber glass kits ive seen out there.
Whip_lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Zorin
Herr Meister

Most aftermarket body kits are cheaply made from poorly made moulds. Another issue is that people, who install them don't have the patience to do the work properly. Body work is really time consuming and requires some skill.

Eurostyle products are very well made - I have his front lip mounted on the 88+ valance - not mounted on the car yet :-)

1984 318i w/M10 - restomod in progress :-)
1984 325e - in car heaven now :-(
1991 325i - project / parts car
2005 325i executive edition - daily driver :-)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2831989

Zorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Yeah, thats the reason why you shouldnt let monkeys do your bodywork! That is the one missfitted kit, how about the 100 others that are happy!??? And if you wanna talk shit about my products, why dont you say anything to my face instead of posting?

Way better then the quality YOU got from BCauto...but you dont point fingers at them! Even tho they are more expensive...

And yes, nothing beats OEM, but for $4000+ for a new kit, on a 20 year old car, i bet it still wont fit as it should (if you are crazy to pay that).
Even IF you could still buy a new kit, I wouldn't. You are right, its a 20 year old car. Clearly not worth it.

What I bought from BC was a M Tech II wing which you don't offer. And sure I did point fingers at them when I saw the crack in the gelcoat. But not something worth or me to scream about because one they are too far away, gas alone I would spend to go yell at them is $50; and two it was super cheap. It wasn't to my liking for fit and quality so I sold it. For cheap.

So you are saying you have sold 100 M Tech II kits? Lets see them then I am pretty sure they all are not near OEM in terms of fitment. I don't have to say anything either. I think the pictures speak for themselves. For the money that buddy spent to get that cabbie outfitted, he could have spent it on an OEM kit and there would be no second guessing. Lets see what he says when he gets a door ding, and has to repaint his whole door because a crack developed where the kit was molded when it shouldn't have been.

PS. You can buy OEM kits floating around on R3V for like $1500. I think its worth the extra $200~300. Not 4k

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Last edited by craz azn; 04-13-2008 at 12:50 PM.
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
jamison67
E30 POWER

well i will be honest with my opinion about eurostyle products ,i bought a rear bumper off hime for 350 with him saying that the fitmint was very good and it would only need minor trim to fit good,well that was the biggest lie i ever heard this bumper when i put it on for the first time it was hitting the rear tires,so i called him he did nothing for me ,basically he had his money and that was it i,i even messaged him and got no response, so its a good thing that ive been a bodyman for the last 8 years,cause i had to cut this thing in half 3 times and rejoin it so that it wouldnt touch the tires ,and nevermind how wavy the thing was so after hours and hours of time to finnaly get it to fit rite it looked good,but if i had to pay someone to get that work done it would have cost me 500-700 dollors, i took pics so i will post then when i load them on my computer in the next few days

worse fibreglass qulity ive ever seen waste of money
craz anz ur so rite about his products
jamison67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison67 View Post
well i will be honest with my opinion about eurostyle products ,i bought a rear bumper off hime for 350 with him saying that the fitmint was very good and it would only need minor trim to fit good,well that was the biggest lie i ever heard this bumper when i put it on for the first time it was hitting the rear tires,so i called him he did nothing for me ,basically he had his money and that was it i,i even messaged him and got no response, so its a good thing that ive been a bodyman for the last 8 years,cause i had to cut this thing in half 3 times and rejoin it so that it wouldnt touch the tires ,and nevermind how wavy the thing was so after hours and hours of time to finnaly get it to fit rite it looked good,but if i had to pay someone to get that work done it would have cost me 500-700 dollors, i took pics so i will post then when i load them on my computer in the next few days

worse fibreglass qulity ive ever seen waste of money
craz anz ur so rite about his products
Hold on buddy! WHAT did i say when you called me!? Remember you ASKED me if anyone had problems with it tuching the wheels, and i said NO, it was the first time EVER someone had anything like that happening! And i offered to take a look at it, when you have the car on the road. After which i never heard from you!

If you are a body man for 8 years, and cant fit that bumper, you are in the wrong business! I have done several installs, takes no more then a few hours. and the results are great.

Like i said before, the way it looks/fits is only as good as the person installing it.

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Hold on buddy! WHAT did i say when you called me!? Remember you ASKED me if anyone had problems with it tuching the wheels, and i said NO, it was the first time EVER someone had anything like that happening! And i offered to take a look at it, when you have the car on the road. After which i never heard from you!

If you are a body man for 8 years, and cant fit that bumper, you are in the wrong business! I have done several installs, takes no more then a few hours. and the results are great.

Like i said before, the way it looks/fits is only as good as the person installing it.
now now, in all honesty, though i haven't dealt with eurostyle, i really think that pretty much nails it on the head. its the installers fault. but, of course there are your odd lemons....thats why you have warrantys and returns and exhanges.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #13
325isStephen
Drifter

I have the mtech 2 front bumper, valence and sideskirts from eurostyle. First body kit i have ever bought, and for the price compared to OEM and how rare the OEM is, i would say it is a good kit, I love how it looks, not 100% how to properly fit the sides of the front bumper to the fenders, but I think the fitment is really good.

p.s eurostyle, any tips or common ways of mounting the front bumper to fit nicely to the sides of the front fender? I think you can see the gap in my sig

Steve
Old 04-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #14
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
I have the mtech 2 front bumper, valence and sideskirts from eurostyle. First body kit i have ever bought, and for the price compared to OEM and how rare the OEM is, i would say it is a good kit, I love how it looks, not 100% how to properly fit the sides of the front bumper to the fenders, but I think the fitment is really good.

p.s eurostyle, any tips or common ways of mounting the front bumper to fit nicely to the sides of the front fender? I think you can see the gap in my sig

Steve
Yes, to fit any kit well on an E30, you need to use an L shaped bracket, that the skirt will slide on, eliminating any gaps. Will post pics later, i am doing an Mtech install as we speak...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1718.JPG (36.9 KB, 107 views)

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #15
325isStephen
Drifter

oh ok, thats a great idea, please post more pics if you can once your done that would help alot.

Also, have you ever used the stock slider thing glued to the inside?

Steve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: