Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Just ordered my M Pars from OE Wheels

After many months of deciding what to get, OEM or replicas, BBS CH or LM, I finally decided to go with the replicas from OE Wheels. While I was on vacation in Florida, I decided to stop by OE Wheels warehouse in Sarasota to check out the quality and design. These guys are serious about rims! The warehouse is huge and they were very accommodating in letting me in to check out the rims to make sure they lived up to OE standards. They are being shipped at the end of the week. I even got to choose what tires I wanted and decided to go with Pirelli PZero Nero and the whole package was $1600 balanced including shipping to Canada.

I will update as soon as they arrive and the weather gets warm enough to install them!

PS. I have a set of almost brand new Pirelli PZero Nero M&S in 225/55R16 for sale. Only used for last summer, loads of tread left. I'll let the set go for $200, free delivery in TO
2003 530i Titanium Grey/Black, Premium and Cold Weather Package, Ultimate Pedals, iceLink iPod Kit, Bluetooth, M5 Deck Lid Spoiler, M5 Rear Sway Bar, M5 Dead Pedal, DINAN S1 Trans and Engine SW, BSW 12' subwoofer, Valentine V1 hardwired, SMG Paddleshift kit

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS

http://www.scarlettnetworks.com/bmw
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
rzrdxl
2nd Gear Member

nice!

looking forward to seeing pics of your new wheels on the car.

my style 5's are looking real crappy with the clear coat peeling off. still on the fence as to go the replica route or just refinish the wheels.

which size did you go for?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

I went with 18" staggered and am really pleased. Here are the pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0030.jpg (110.2 KB, 615 views)
2003 530i Titanium Grey/Black, Premium and Cold Weather Package, Ultimate Pedals, iceLink iPod Kit, Bluetooth, M5 Deck Lid Spoiler, M5 Rear Sway Bar, M5 Dead Pedal, DINAN S1 Trans and Engine SW, BSW 12' subwoofer, Valentine V1 hardwired, SMG Paddleshift kit

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS

Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
rzrdxl
2nd Gear Member

looks real good!

I like your other upgrades too... specially on the audio side. Wouldn't mind hearing the difference with my stock system with DSP. I usually set the balance biased to the right. I feel the sound stage is better "balanced" that way.

I'll see if I can hook up with you on the cruise.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Turns out I will not be able to make the cruise. I have to travel for work next week. I am going to try and make it to some of the Fridy night meets, maybe we can get together then.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

OE Wheels advertise very heavy on eBay. Their website look pretty cool. Good selection.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

My only warning would be if you are ordering tires different from their standard packages. I didn't want their Nexen tires and wanted Pirelli PZero Nero tires instead. The rims arrived with PZero Nero M&S tires. I wanted summer tires specifically and not All Season. In the end, OE Wheels made it right and I am very pleased.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: