Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #16
BigD
the misanthropist

These are the guys GRM got theirs from:

http://myworld.ebay.ca/theradiatorconnection/

Sure sounds the same... maybe drop these guys a line first, ask them if they have a tank (GRM says they got theirs for 130). Maybe they're the same company... But I don't know anyone who's dealt with the earlier link I posted, although I'd personally have no issue ordering that one either.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #17
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryriderX View Post
well guys, i found the leak. its the weld between the top+bottom halves, drivers side back. tominizer, ill email you. and BigD - i tried searching for e30 tank on ebay and didnt turn up anything. perhaps i should try again. <400 shipped i can do, for a brand new tank.

on a brighter note, i replaced my outer ball joints today!! *#$&# things were stuck in so hard, needed a 20 ton press + a torch to get them out. for future reference - the control arms are very very easy to take off. so just do it.
I did all my ball joints on my e30 as well...I didn't need that much force i just used a ball joint press ( huge C-clamp dealy with a whole bunch of cups) and air gun. Did all of em in about 2hrs.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #18
Magic_Black
BMW ID Designer

I just replaced my gas tank this past summer also. I did find it a huge pain because of the amount of stuff you had to drop out just to get to the gas tank. For sure it will take up most of your day. I got mine for like 250 ish, non OEM.

My OBC always read 55L at full though. I got an 89 325is which came with the 60+ litre gas tank. My guage on my cluster reads 60L, so i dont get why I can't adjust it.

I know alot of people have similar issues, there is a whole thred on R3v which talks about it.

If anyone knows how to adjust the OBC to read 60L please let me know.
(i already the adustment dial on the bottom left corner of the OBC, but still nothing)
Magic_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #19
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

thanks very much BigD - i messaged both of those shops. theradiatorconnection did indeed have a tank for 129.99 - so you are probably right about the GRM team. you said the fitment and quality was very good?

i will update if i end up buying one of them (which is very likely) and post pics when i get it.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #20
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryriderX View Post
thanks very much BigD - i messaged both of those shops. theradiatorconnection did indeed have a tank for 129.99 - so you are probably right about the GRM team. you said the fitment and quality was very good?

i will update if i end up buying one of them (which is very likely) and post pics when i get it.
No problem man. Yeah in the article they wrote that they expected to have to do work to make it fit being an aftermarket but to their surprize it fit perfectly. Looks good in the little pics too.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I'd paint the outside of the tank with some nice rubberized undercoating to protect it from rusting, as the aftermarket tanks usually only come with one coat of cheap paint.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #22
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

^^ good idea axxe, ill definitely do that. im thinking of getting a new fuel pump and sending unit too, so i wont have to worry about them. but both of them are easy jobs even with the tank in. so im not overly concerned.

ok. this one works out to $287 shipped. the guy said he'd mark it as gift and send it usps. im still waiting to hear back from the other place. this one, the ones that the GRM team bought from.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: