Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
Lee
Original BMW Teile

1989 M3 roller - $4.5k

Selling (as a whole) a white 1989 canadian e30 M3 which has been in a front accident (which means hood, fenders and nose must be changed, while frame rails can be saved and pulled back if out of spec). My interest is only in the motor. So, the whole car including interior, suspension, tranny and diffs are still there. If you are into an M3 project either for racing, or for transplant, it might be your car. I put the emphasis on project. Asking $4.5k

Car is currently in a sorry state but still salvageable. It is now Historic-eligible for Vintage racing.

The shell itself - complete car w/o engine - $4500 or $2500 without what is listed below (if sold before).

Car has been hit in the front and a temporary core support has been installed. Underneath, the front frame rails clearly show they have been heated and approximately straightened. On top, the front driver side is very nice, but the area under the fusebox shows a crease, while the driverside, that took most of the kit, shows waves on the fender support. It can be pulled back easily by an experienced frame technician, but I recommend changing both frame rails from an early e30 for a cleaner job. Then the car will really never have signs of a previous shunt. The cowl under the windshield shows a small rust hole. It will need to be changed for the long term. The rest of the shell is nice. Doors are very good with no rust. Trunk's wheel well is very nice too.

The black leather interior is in good condition with no sign of tears. Leather shows a bit of dryness but I have seen worst seats end up looking very nice with only a clean-up, shoe polish dye, and repeat leather food applications. Interior would include both front seats, rear seat and door panels.

If I can't sell the car as a roller, I will part it

Black leather interior including the 4 door panels - $800
Tranny - $100 for bellhousing and $350 for tranny itself
Diff is $350 with halfshafts
Doors are M3 specific - $250 each
Hood - $100
M3-specific trunk lid and spoiler - $300
Steering wheel, hub and knob shifter - $200
Front e30 M3 specific struts/hubs - $500 for pair. Those are close to impossible to get used.
Rear e30 M3 specific hubs - $300/pair
Elipsoid headlamps - $100 for pair
Front and rear caliper cores - Must be rebuilt - $300
5 wheels - $250
M3 specific cluster - $200
Tail lights - $80 for pair
Rear bumper - $250
Sill covers - $150 for pair
Plus a few bits. For a total of over $4.5k. Sell all the parts and the shell is free.

Hopefully buyers are from the Montreal region where the car is. I am afraid I won't have time to pack stuff and shipping.

Thanks very much.

mybuddylee@gmail.com
massivebrakes@gmail.com

Lee

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Excellent prices. Good luck with your sales Lee!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

thats a crazy steering wheel..never seen that 1 b4
bimmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Pm'ed
Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Replied.

To all interested parties, be aware that I will try to sell the car as a roller, first. Then will part it if nobody buys the whole car.

Thanks

Lee
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
89M3
2nd Gear Member

Do you have pics of the front of the car? Please Pm me with your #.

thanks
89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

wow that's a great buy for someone wanting a nice project car bump for nice project
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm, if I had the room.......... would be fun to pull apart another one. Wouldn't mind those front hubs, but not driving to Montreal for them !!! Good luck with the sale Lee...............

BTW, Lee is 110% to deal with ........... you can totally trust him and buy from him without any issues.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
Bainze
Dogleg

ok so how much for the whole car shipped to toronto... "Roller" means with motor right? Is the car salvage? let me know magaki01@hotmail.com
Bainze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #10
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainze View Post
ok so how much for the whole car shipped to toronto... "Roller" means with motor right? Is the car salvage? let me know magaki01@hotmail.com
A roller is a car without the engine. The engine goes into my 1969 2002 racecar. The motor turns and will see how long it will last.

As for pictures of the front end. There's none as my camera shit on me. The front end needs to be done. If the car is built as a racecar, then just pull the front end and check it is within spec. If one wants to have a nice car with no clue of an earlier accident, I would suggest to remove the current front end and install the front clip from an early (1984-1987) e30. Used front fenders are usually available for $150 each. This shell is perfect for a 6 cylinder transplant as the S14 is gone.

BTW Here is how I would see the proper repair done with a donor front clip from an early e30. A competent bodyshop technician required. Someone who knows e30s inside-out. But many, many tricks are disclosed in the following link. Understanding the process, makes saving that car an easier decision.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...me+rail&page=4

Last edited by Lee; 03-02-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
89M3
2nd Gear Member

I guess you don't have the m3 front fenders or the front bumper?
89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #12
Lee
Original BMW Teile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89M3 View Post
I guess you don't have the m3 front fenders or the front bumper?
You guessed right, but they are easily available. Fiberglass M3 fenders are also available.

Lee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: