Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #31
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
Traded in the M for the Z.

Got 8 days of fun with the M left.
Tony,

We want details! Year, colour, possible future mods, etc...

And I definatly want a ride!

Dave
Old 02-08-2003, 02:20 PM   #32
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Traded in the M for the Z.

Got 8 days of fun with the M left.
wait wait, nissan Z or Z06?

either way..can i have a joy ride?

gonna miss ur M3! take some pics with that 4MP digital camera u have

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #33
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

READ THE REST OF THE THREAD! of course he's talking about a Z06, why would be bring up a 350Z on a Corvette thread?

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #34
Polish
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
i just saw a video on the Z...nice car, it beat the M3 in lapping, i like it...but like the M3 better

god i want a track car so bad.
like you just posted that after he said he traded the M3 for the Z06, then like 1 reply later you ask wait wait, the 350Z or a Z06, like your such a post whore man
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:32 PM   #35
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
Originally posted by Sith
like you just posted that after he said he traded the M3 for the Z06, then like 1 reply later you ask wait wait, the 350Z or a Z06, like your such a post whore man
exactly there is a little button in the right hand corner of your post called EDIT
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:24 PM   #36
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
no it is not going into production, why?? It has a race engine from LMR
i take your word for it! but the mag said if you have the $$$$$ they make you one!

--> PARTING OUT E21 320 <--
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:19 PM   #37
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
did u have to pay anything on top? or they giving u some money back?
btw. i can still kick your ass at go karting
Unfortunately new cars depreciate very quickly.
Went to 4 Chevy dealerships, and only had one that would even consider a trade in + cash for less than 10G's.

With some bargaining, got a brand new '03 Quick Silver one for the M3 plus $7500 dollars.
QS is not my favourite colour, but it's discreet, which will help keep the cops off my posterior. With a Z06, I'm going to need it. Going to run a stripe from the front to the back of the car, likely in black, or red.

One of the reason's I traded the Z for the M, (Yes it's a Z06 John), is the aftermarket for this car is huge, and it's retarded how far you can go with this car, at a relatively reasonable price.
Going to start with the X pipe and intake mods. That should net me high 300's in HP&TRQ to the rear wheels.
Not going to go crazy with the mods at first. This car unlike the M doesn't have the electronical sophistication in safety features like TC, SC, and ABS.
The Z06 is a car will not save you from yourself. Take this car beyond its envelope, and you are going to be in trouble. At this point, I think it would be prudent that I learn to drive this car properly, and once I've learned to properly handle it, then I'll up the performance.

Be happy to take anyone for a ride. Just ask when we meet.

Still gonna be sad when I take the plates off the M.......

Hey John, empty ur PM box. Trying to send u a PM.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 02-08-2003 at 11:22 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:22 PM   #38
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
never liked american cars, german all the way, ill let the Z8 murder that mullet
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:27 PM   #39
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Quote:
Originally posted by Bavaria
never liked american cars, german all the way, ill let the Z8 murder that mullet
Z8 murder the Z06?

I think you need to educate yourself on cars .......
Oh, and can do it at less than half the price.

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
Old 02-08-2003, 11:29 PM   #40
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
yes i know i am in denile...just cant face the fact!!!!!
just despise the car, i know it would own the Z8 but hey too bad
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:39 PM   #41
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Quote:
Originally posted by Bavaria
yes i know i am in denile...just cant face the fact!!!!!
just despise the car, i know it would own the Z8 but hey too bad
In a perfect world, BMW would make a E46 M3 with the performance of a Z06 at the current price point. Alas, this is not so.

The only real option for this is to install the M5 engine in the E46.
Inquired at several sources, and the cost are in the high 5 digit figures. Doesn't make sense to own a 150G E46 M3.

I'm not the biggest fan of domestics. I haven't bought a domestic in over 13 years. But there's no denying the performance potential of the Z06 for the money. As soon as BMW manufactures a car that has the performance of a Z06, and V8 reliability, I'll likely go back to BMW

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
Old 02-08-2003, 11:56 PM   #42
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

tony PM box is emptied..sorry

hey, it was all because of the best motoring i borrowed, and dropped in the toilet! (jk randy)...that car is one sick machine!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:05 AM   #43
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Going to run a stripe from the front to the back of the car, likely in black, or red.
Say it ain't so Tony! Say it ain't so!

I say keep the exterior stock looking with the exception of some nice HRE wheels and then tweak away at suspension (if it is even possible) and driveline!

Old 02-09-2003, 12:07 AM   #44
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Unfortunately new cars depreciate very quickly.
Went to 4 Chevy dealerships, and only had one that would even consider a trade in + cash for less than 10G's.

With some bargaining, got a brand new '03 Quick Silver one for the M3 plus $7500 dollars.
QS is not my favourite colour, but it's discreet, which will help keep the cops off my posterior. With a Z06, I'm going to need it. Going to run a stripe from the front to the back of the car, likely in black, or red.

One of the reason's I traded the Z for the M, (Yes it's a Z06 John), is the aftermarket for this car is huge, and it's retarded how far you can go with this car, at a relatively reasonable price.
Going to start with the X pipe and intake mods. That should net me high 300's in HP&TRQ to the rear wheels.
Not going to go crazy with the mods at first. This car unlike the M doesn't have the electronical sophistication in safety features like TC, SC, and ABS.
The Z06 is a car will not save you from yourself. Take this car beyond its envelope, and you are going to be in trouble. At this point, I think it would be prudent that I learn to drive this car properly, and once I've learned to properly handle it, then I'll up the performance.

Actually, I think you'll find the Z06 to be completely the opposite of the M3 in that sense. The Z06 has TONS of traction control, yaw control, active handling type crap in it at the moment. For the 2001 version, it was functionally impossible to turn it all off (you could disable it to some extent, but not shut it off completely). From 2002 on, this was supposedly fixed, and you could actually drive the car yourself.

However, the Z06 does a much better job at *saving the driver's a$$* than the M3 does. We've had several at the track, and I've driven a few of them. Damn fast cars (I still want one badly, as my daily driver!!), but left up to the computer, it will interfere in EVERY corner. In fact, the Z06 can make a bad driver look like (and unfortunately believe) that he is a lot better than he really is.

I'll give Chevy credit, they certainly got the car right this time. It's the first true sports car I've seen out of them yet, and definately better bang for the buck than the Viper.

With the right preparation and driver, these cars are capable of high 1:20s at Mosport in a highly streetable configuration (ie, still stock appearing).

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:30 AM   #45
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

$ for $ the Corvette has the best performance in comparision to such cars as Ferraris, etc. The N.American build draws it down in value though. Still a sharp looking car!
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: