Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-21-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

Engine Work

Hey Guys,

Do you know of a shop in the GTA or Mississauga area that does good work in the area of porting and polishing engines including compression work without being over priced.

Thanks
3 Series Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
jeremy
6th Gear Member

i pm'ed you about the interior...
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:49 AM   #3
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

over priced?

hey there

whats over priced? you gotta pay to play my freind.

especially when it coes to porting and polishing. and DONT polish the ports on those m20 engines.. they lose power in the midrange because the fuel will stick to the sides of the walls of the cylinder head. there is also an important modification to do the eta head when installing a performance camshaft. or else that expensive cam will wear out because of lack of oiling.

just to let u know.. so on these engines...you have to pay to play

dave
MOTRONIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:09 PM   #4
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

what mod?

Hey dave,

thanks a lot for the input. I am just curious about the mod you were talking about, what would that be? I was also thinking of going with bigger injectors to get more fuel. I heard of using ford mustang 5.0l injectors. What do you think?

thanks
Old 01-21-2003, 12:16 PM   #5
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

mods

hey there

the modifications are drilling a 3 small oil passage holes at the#5 cylinder area to feed oil to the cam journals. the eta cams use 5 out of 7 cam journals. the performance camshaft will use all 7 journals and the eta head needs that modification to make it lube that cam up. im sure there are links on the net with pictures or something.. if not let me know.

dave
Old 01-21-2003, 12:22 PM   #6
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

thanks

dave,

I really appreciate that. I just left you a voicemail on your work line. I heard about Motronix but I thought you have closed down. Good to see I was wrong. Another question, you said I shouldn't polish the head. what would suggest instead? match the intake possibly? multi-angle cut the values? install larger intake and exhaust values. Your help is greatly appreciated. And if you have parts available for my engine needs let me know, springs and values etc.

thanks

Paul
Old 01-21-2003, 12:52 PM   #7
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

mods

hi there

i dont operate the retail side of it anymore.. less headaches espeically when it came to employees. hard to find good help these days..
anyways im really only there to build race cars and race engines for the teams in the usa and a few here.. so thats what im concentrating on. more fun and worth doing. its good to know that our race cars kick those other tuners that spend 3 times the amount of stupid money and cant break the 30's at mosport...

i appreciate the voice mail, and when it comes to m20 engines and s14 engines and making real power, let me know..

dave
Old 01-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #8
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

Cool!!!

Sounds like you have the perfect job!!! I was talking to Jeremy he also gave me the down low, he told me you also work for Porsche (wow, you definitely are THE MAN). I was wondering with regards to upgraded performance springs and valves would you know of suppliers for these parts. My supplier (International Custom Automive) he has no applications .

thanks
Old 01-21-2003, 02:26 PM   #9
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

springs

hey there

what cam specs are you running, and that will determine what springs to run. i havce both setups.

dave
Old 01-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #10
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

Cam specs

Dave,

I am getting the specs. they are at the shop. My other question is I heard on the forum to go with mustang 19lb injectors to increase fuel. what is your suggestion?

thanks,

Paul
Old 01-21-2003, 05:48 PM   #11
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

injectors

hey

you can go with tmustang injectors, but dont do that way yet. first replace the 2.5bar fuel pressure reg. with a 3bar and then give it to me to modify to 3.5bar. the eta injectors will flow to the max with 3.5bar of fuel pressure when the vacuum is dropped..meaning under acceleration.
stay with stock injectors but get them flowed and cleaned and balanced. other tricks you can do to make this work..

dave
Old 01-21-2003, 06:09 PM   #12
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

awesome!!!!

Dave,

I might get a i head to go on my e block. the car itself is an 'i' so I have the computer and intake already in place. Steve at lakeside told me it is an easy fit. what do you think?

thanks

paul
Old 01-21-2003, 07:07 PM   #13
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

selling your cam?

hi paul

your selling your performance cam? ill pm you wiht my cell number. i have someone interested.

dave
Old 01-21-2003, 07:15 PM   #14
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

oh by the way

oh by the way,

the i head setup is ok, but yo are going to need the intake and fuel system to make it work properly. and then you havea different software and tuning involved. it bolts on, but will lose a noticeable amount of torque, but pretty good top end.

there is more to it than that,,

dave
Old 01-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #15
3 Series Freak
1st Gear Newbie

interesting

Dave,

I was talking to Jeremy and Steve at Lakeside they told me it is and easy fit. Jeremy knows of a few guys who have done it. I think I have all the parts needed since the car is an 325is and I have both complete motors though the head is baked on the "i". When you mentioned I going to need the intake and fuel system I assumed you were speaking about the "i" intake and fuel system, would that be correct? You also mentioned something about the software and tuning. Could you elaborate? Is there any way of not losing that bottom end torque? (you know it is quite nice! LOL) Or do you think I should scrap the head swap thing and work with the performance cam including the mods you suggested. So many choices. Just trying to get the most power and torque for the buck. Sorry about all the questions and I know wisdom is not usaully free so many thanks again!!!!

paul

ps. Jeremy told me to tell you to answer his email or call him about those porsche brakes. Man, you are in DEMAND! LOL)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: