Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
///MG
3rd Gear Member

Weekly night meets - SilverCity (OAKVILLE)??

Place: Tim Horton's Parking Lot, on Dundas and 403, across the street from SilverCity - Famous Players

Time/Agenda: The parking lot gets crowded around 9-10pm and stays busy well past midnight. There's plenty of space to park your car, meet and greet. There's usually a lot of different cars there, ranging from Jap imports to exotics, but definatelly not enough Bimmers, so come down.

Points of Interest:

0.5 km range: Across from Tim Hortons is SilverCity Oakville, Jack Astors, Montanas, St. Louis' and Outback Steakhouse, JJQs (pool hall) and Fox 'n' Fiddle and a drive-in movie theater (2 movies, $10).

1.5 km range: down the road there's an AMC complex with Boston Pizza, East Side Marios (appetizers 1/2 price), Dimietres, My Apartment Oakville (club) and Dirty Martinis (club).

See you all there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mapmeet.jpg (100.9 KB, 177 views)
2004 Mitsubishi Galant SOLD
1993 Plymouth Duster SOLD
///MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
If I'm getting on the highway anyway, what's 15-20 more mins to get to the regular meet in Woodbridge? It's worth the drive, especially when the weather is good and more people show up. I see a thread failure in the near future, ...But that's just my two cents. There has been talk of moving the original Woodbridge meet spot to something more central, but I haven't heard anything else come of it. It'll likely stay the way it is.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #3
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I think the Woodbridge location is central enough, I drive 30-40mins just to get there coming from the eastend.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
///MG
3rd Gear Member

There was some interest in this location from everyone in the west end. I know that I would never make it to Woodbridge on time becuase of work and whatnot... You're both right, it's a 15-20 minute drive to get to Woodbridge from the proposed Oakville location but for some people, that's a big difference.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MG View Post
There was some interest in this location from everyone in the west end. I know that I would never make it to Woodbridge on time becuase of work and whatnot... You're both right, it's a 15-20 minute drive to get to Woodbridge from the proposed Oakville location but for some people, that's a big difference.

For your smaller little meetings its alright.

But during the summer, that 15-20 min drive is worth it.

Being on time?? No one is ever on time, some people don't show up until after mid-nights. The only time you need to be on time is when there is a cuise happening. or some other event.

I see you getting a few local people to show up....but no one outside of the suaga/oakville area, and it'll never replace the bigger meets during the summer.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The TimHorton's lot in Oakville is better known as "Ricer Tim's" by anyone into cars that lives in 'Sauga.. lots of action there in the summer (everyday). I propose that you change the date to Saturday nights for Oakville meet. The drive to Whopbridge from 'Sauga is 15mins on Friday nights (even in a smart car). The Friday meets (for the past 3 years) usually start around 11pm and last (consistantly) until 3am. Many people show up around 2am after a night-on-the-town, so you being "late" because of work is kinda rediculous. I appreciate the effort for organizing a meet in the West end, but why conflict it on the SAME NIGHT as our offical GTA meet, especially if it's only 20km's away? I understand if we're talking about Niagara Falls/Kingston/London etc..

Hell, another suggestion is have a mini-Oakville meet until midnight.. then "cruise" on up to Whopbridge. Gives you a chance to actually drive the cars we usually talk about all night long.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
Merski
Polski

Im intersted in the Oakvilla loaction... im from mississauga so driving to woodbridge is a bit of a mission for me, i have some none max friends with bmw that would be interested in meeting up in oakville.
Merski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
Sa///M3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
I propose that you change the date to Saturday nights for Oakville meet. The drive to Whopbridge from 'Sauga is 15mins on Friday nights (even in a smart car). The Friday meets (the past 3 years) usually start around 11pm and last (consistantly) until 3am. Many people show up around 2am after a night-on-the-town, so you being "late" because of work is kinda rediculous. I appreciate the effort for organizing a meet in the West end, but why conflict it on the SAME NIGHT as our offical GTA meet, especially if it's only 20km's away? I understand if we're talking about Niagara Falls/Kingston/London etc..

Hell, another suggestion is have a mini-Oakville meet until midnight.. then "cruise" on up to Whopbridge. Gives you a chance to actually drive the cars we usually talk about all night long.
I agree.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merski View Post
Im intersted in the Oakvilla loaction... im from mississauga so driving to woodbridge is a bit of a mission for me, i have some none max friends with bmw that would be interested in meeting up in oakville.
Driving from Mississauga to Woodbridge is a "mission" for some people? How is that exactly? Please elaborate, i'm dying to find out.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merski View Post
I drive from the North York/East York area to Woodbridge & I don't think that's far, you are already in the westend, all you have to do is drive north. some members drive from Ajax/Pickering area to the meets.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Merski
Polski

Ya i guess you made a point. But i would like to see something maybe organized in that region?? like you said ...

Last edited by Merski; 02-04-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Merski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
I cruise from Hamilton to the Friday meets, and it takes me about 35-40 mins. I also organize cruises around Hamilton-Burlington area on Saturday nights. We meet down at the beach, and cruise a few routes I have set up. Anyway, once the nice weather hits, there are plenty of events in which to partake.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Unfortunately, we can't sticky a thread for a Friday night meet which would directly compete with the existing official arrangement. If you want to change it to another night we can support the request.

Jay

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #14
///MG
3rd Gear Member

Great input guys. I really like the idea of getting some west-end people and heading down in a convoy to the woodbrige meet on friday nights.

I'll switch the suggested mini-meet at "ricer tim's" to saturdays for anyone interested in meeting up...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #15
E36is
'OldSchool..'

id be interested in going to the oakville meets.. friday or saturday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: