Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 AM   #31
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Power View Post
Furious, that interior is ****in sick. I remember watching that vid when you first got your supercharger hahaha top 3 e36s on here IMO
aww thanks dude. we have to catch up sometime havent seen you in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
i have to disagree with that.
VDO gauges for the win.
aww you dont like my autometer gauges?
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #32
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc12 View Post
how much did u guys spend on your decks.... specifically those of you with the latest Alpine decks that are i-pod compatible.... which is what i'm looking into...
I bought my IDA-X001 when it was new for $450, it's now going for like $350.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #33
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Vlad, does that thing actually play CD's or just tapes? Looks like it came outta your Zaz!

Best deck ever when it comes to sound quality. Have the same on my track running a DLS amp. By far the best deck i ever bought. Does not have ipod features and shit but my God it has quality.
This is what i am getting for my S13:
Parrot RK8200

It has USB port, SD card reader, line-in jack, iPod connector and A2DP Bluetooth stereo wireless connectivity accommodate all manner of digital music sources. There is even a storage space behind the faceplate where something archaic like a CD player's internals would normally go. There’s also internal memory for "over 300 Mp3's" (roughly 1.5 – 2GB).

It connects to any Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, and you get automatic phonebook synchronization with a total storage capacity of 8,000 contacts, hands free calling, voice recognition, and intelligent microphone switching with noise reduction to ensure the best possible call quality. All this for a surprisingly affordable £149.99 ($302).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parrot-rk8200.jpg (77.2 KB, 415 views)

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #34
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Best deck ever when it comes to sound quality. Have the same on my track running a DLS amp. By far the best deck i ever bought. Does not have ipod features and shit but my God it has quality.
This is what i am getting for my S13:
Parrot RK8200

It has USB port, SD card reader, line-in jack, iPod connector and A2DP Bluetooth stereo wireless connectivity accommodate all manner of digital music sources. There is even a storage space behind the faceplate where something archaic like a CD player's internals would normally go. There’s also internal memory for "over 300 Mp3's" (roughly 1.5 – 2GB).

It connects to any Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, and you get automatic phonebook synchronization with a total storage capacity of 8,000 contacts, hands free calling, voice recognition, and intelligent microphone switching with noise reduction to ensure the best possible call quality. All this for a surprisingly affordable £149.99 ($302).

that is preaty cool but how does it sound.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #35
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
I have the alpine Ida x001 its an amazing deck. Although scrolling through songs get a bit tedious and distracting when drving. Also i find that its sometimes slow when getting the info for the next song
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #36
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
that is preaty cool but how does it sound.
Can't be that good for $300... I'm sorry but with decks you DO get what you pay for. And that deck as too many gadgets to offer really good quality sound for that price. I'm sure it's half decent though.

Also the lack of a CD player is a major turn off and also shows that sound quality isn't what they were after when making this deck. Compressed audio files can be of good quality, but original CD's/uncompressed audio are still the king.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #37
Arash
6th Gear Member

Pioneer >>> Alpine
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #38
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
Pioneer >>> Alpine

not even close, i own both a pionneer premier and an alpine, the alpine is far better
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #39
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Can't be that good for $300... I'm sorry but with decks you DO get what you pay for. And that deck as too many gadgets to offer really good quality sound for that price. I'm sure it's half decent though.

Also the lack of a CD player is a major turn off and also shows that sound quality isn't what they were after when making this deck. Compressed audio files can be of good quality, but original CD's/uncompressed audio are still the king.
I dont disagree but since i only want some kind of decend sount and a lightweight system for the S13 plus i will run it through a DLS amp i think its ok.
For quality i have the Nakamichi on my truck and a waaaay better setup with DLS amps Infinity components and 2 15inch dual coil Soundstream subs.
All i want from the nissan is to pe able to have all my music and no CDs flying around plus i love the storage area since i have no space for my cell!
Saying that from reviews i have seen i have heared that it sounds pretty good!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #40
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
not even close, i own both a pionneer premier and an alpine, the alpine is far better
Yepp... Pioneer is good, but not that good.

But if I couldn't get an Alpine, it'd probably be a Pioneer Premier deck. IMo it's a way better sounding deck then the Kenwoods.

The thing I hate the most about other decks (and also another big factor for me in choosing the Alpine) was the flashy displays all the other decks have. I HATE that with a passion.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #41
Arash
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
Pioneer is easier to use, costs less, sounds better, lasts much longer.
Alpine is more expensive and doesn't last, also I don't like the cluttered menus.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #42
rendered
6th Gear Member

Just picked this beauty up! Simplcity and ultimate sound quality at its finest! DENON DCT-Z1

I'm just debating now which car to install it in. Maybe the M3 cabrio but its going to be so hard to make the new stereo sound great in a convertible.

I have some really nice Rainbow CS 275.28 Platinum series components waiting for me to buy a TRU B-4100AD amp so I can install everything. This is going to blow away my old Focal/Audison setup I had years back!

Buying a good deck alone will not give you a great audio system people. Its all about keeping every single component in your system of equal or more quality to each other, proper installation is key as well. Basic principals of the home audiophile world. "Your system is only as good as its weakest link"

I've owned a few alpine radio's. 7995, 9815, 9835. They were all fantastic. Then Alpine stopped including time alignment and adjustable crossover slopes which sucked!

Now they include it again with the 9887. Fantastic Deck in my oppinion, not motorized any longer. There's a catch, you need to purchase a $150-250 KTX-100EQ module box to properly alter these worthwhile settings that you could once do easily with the earlier higher end Alpines. Some shops will charge a $50 one time fee to set these settings up and use their box instore. This absolutely sucks for past Alpine owners looking to purchase another Alpine top end deck. As far as a brand, they are moving down in quality to survive. I don't blame them though, thats business. You know its come to the last straw when Best Buy is selling your Type-r Subs in Canada. haha j/k

Apparantly you can still access the time alignment/correction menu though without the KTX-100EQ module and once again manually configure the settings... Can any 9887 owners confirm this? You have to have a really good ear to properly setup the time correction but thats besides the point.

with that being said, I'm still looking for an Alpine DVI-9990 DVD-Audio player with the PXI-H990 to put in the 330ci, or my next daily driver. Does anyone have leads for a good deal on these peices?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg denon z1.jpg (269.7 KB, 387 views)

Last edited by rendered; 02-01-2008 at 03:23 PM.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #43
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

I have a Pioneer DEH-9400MP, which will be for sale this spring.
Great deck. Looking to upgrade to a screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEH-9400MP.jpg (18.3 KB, 376 views)
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #44
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
Apparantly you can still access the time alignment/correction menu though without the KTX-100EQ module and once again manually configure the settings... Can any 9887 owners confirm this?
Yes you can...

That Denon while very, very nice... IMO is a huge waste of money. You can NEVER replicate great sound in a car, there's just too many outside noises, and at a price of over $1500 it's simply not worth it. Same can be said for time correction. Too many variables come into play with a car. Something that sounds great when the car is off and standing still will not sound as good when you're moving. Which is why super high end audio IMO is kinda a waste. But there is a happy medium. Good quality components are always going to help you replicate the music as best you can.

That said, I'm going to also be putting in my set of Rainbow Profi-line mids/highs this spring.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #45
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Yes you can...

That Denon while very, very nice... IMO is a huge waste of money. You can NEVER replicate great sound in a car, there's just too many outside noises, and at a price of over $1500 it's simply not worth it. Same can be said for time correction. Too many variables come into play with a car. Something that sounds great when the car is off and standing still will not sound as good when you're moving. Which is why super high end audio IMO is kinda a waste. But there is a happy medium. Good quality components are always going to help you replicate the music as best you can.

That said, I'm going to also be putting in my set of Rainbow Profi-line mids/highs this spring.
Damn the DENON is $1500? Is the Alpine F#1 Status deck better than it? Cause I saw the F1 Status deck for sale for $1900 a few months back.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: