Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

Thumbs down Scammer!! Beware of Joe aka "j824"

Well,
I guess that we learn from our mistakes, but I didn't think that I would get ripped off from someone on this board. He sold me a deck that he said he had in his mom's car, and only took it out because she didn't know how to use it... But really the deck wasn't working properly. I should have known when he said he had no receipt and got it from his buddy's shop. I hope that people on this board read this before dealing with him if he ever posts on here... Really sucks after spending the money on the deck and to get the deck installed professionally and then finding out I have a radio that cuts out every few minutes. Just be warned, I guess I should watch for these guys with few posts, and selling stuff. Can't trust anyone anymore. Now I am out money and a deck in my car!!! Sometimes the money that you think you save buying it used is not worth saving as it costs you more in the long run!
A.K.A. Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
c4sh
2nd Gear Member

thats terrible bro !!
c4sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A. Blackout View Post
Well,
I guess that we learn from our mistakes, but I didn't think that I would get ripped off from someone on this board. He sold me a deck that he said he had in his mom's car, and only took it out because she didn't know how to use it... But really the deck wasn't working properly. I should have known when he said he had no receipt and got it from his buddy's shop. I hope that people on this board read this before dealing with him if he ever posts on here... Really sucks after spending the money on the deck and to get the deck installed professionally and then finding out I have a radio that cuts out every few minutes. Just be warned, I guess I should watch for these guys with few posts, and selling stuff. Can't trust anyone anymore. Now I am out money and a deck in my car!!! Sometimes the money that you think you save buying it used is not worth saving as it costs you more in the long run!
What a piece of shit. Sorry to hear pal. Listen I feel for ya and sorry you had to deal with a prick piece of shit like that so maybe I can help. Now I know this isnt your first choice and by far its not the best deck in the world but I know it works. I will give it to. Free of charge. Just so at least you have music and when you find what your looking you can pop in your new one. Let me know here is what it looks like

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99101
Old 02-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

So wait, have you tried to contact this guy?
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #5
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

^^^Yes, this is the big question!? Did he not want to give you $$$ back? whats the full story...We really need to know all details before we can tell anything...From what we know so far, it could have been installed by some kid at Best Buy, causing the problem (or something along those lines)...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

I have contacted him a few times telling him that the deck was not working, and he just kept telling me that he would get back to me, but never did. As for the install, I had a friend of mine do it at best buy as he installed the same deck in my BMW and it is a faulty deck. Unfortunately I met this guy by my work downtown, so the only info I have is his cell and first name. (yeah kinda shadey). As for you George, you are a great guy!... I appreciate your offer a, but I think I have a work around for now. I took a older deck that I had given to my dad and put it in the car for now. I am going to try and see if I can get this deck fixed as I have another friend that works at an audio shop. If this was my BMW... I would have been really pissed off as I don't like hardly anyone touching the car as it is...
Old 02-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Post his first name and cell number .. maybe someone can get his address for you.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member

yo you gotta find this guy and smash him, cant let a man rip you off like that. Teach him a lesson so he dont try to play around like that again.

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.

This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

As for posting his name and number... I honestly don't want anyone to go after him... you never know these guys and what issues will happen after if i do that. I would love to meet up with and tell him what I really think of crap like this, but for now I will see what I can do to get it fixed. As well, i will never get my money back from getting the deck install...

Last edited by A.K.A. Blackout; 02-02-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
Sa///M3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
As for posting his name and number... I honestly don't want anyone to go after him... you never know these guys and what issues will happen after if i do that. I would love to meet up with and tell him what I really think of crap like this, but for now I will see what I can do to get it fixed. As well, i will never get my money back from getting the deck install...
Who knows buddy, talk to him first.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
DriveItSideways
Banned

Best Buy installers do nothing but hack jobs, its very well possible the installer messed up the radio.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

^^^ Umm... this one guy is a friend of mine that has been doing it for a while, and I am pretty positive that it wasn't him that killed the deck. I will keep everyone posted, as I have already spoken to himon Thursday and I have pm's multiple times with no response.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
^^^ Umm... this one guy is a friend of mine that has been doing it for a while, and I am pretty positive that it wasn't him that killed the deck. I will keep everyone posted, as I have already spoken to himon Thursday and I have pm's multiple times with no response.
I saw we go hunting. LOL
Old 02-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
j824
1st Gear Newbie

anwers

before i give the deck is everything is work good for sure,
nothing i can say , i not sure it is the installer kill the deck or what and i not sure this guy it is want to use his deck to change my deck because he say he has same one.
anyway i'm trying to ask my friend see can help him do Warranty.
and the guy say he have pm's multiple times with no response and i answer him everytime and i talked with him on phone ,and he called me say this problem i tell him say let me ask my friend first and he say ok wait me answer , i don't know why this guy doing like this say me didn't answer him.

Last edited by j824; 02-03-2008 at 07:30 AM.
j824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #15
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

Well it has been 4 days since you said you would get back to me... the deck is in my car, and yes I have the same deck in my BMW and it is in storage. That is great that you are checking with your friend, but should that really be my issue. Hard to believe that the installer did it as it is just the radio that is not working...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: