Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
Bliss
Administrator

F1 - 2015 Season

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/16/mo...-with-ferrari/

So what's everyone's thoughts? I think Ferrari still has a lot of potential, and always have, but signing Vettel along side of Raikkonen will make for an interesting team. Probably being Raikkonen's last year, he will continue to show no leadership on top of his ruthless attitude.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
unlike most everyone i know, i actually like vettel and think he's a good driver. having said that dropping nando for him is retarded.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
Bliss
Administrator

There's no doubt in my mind that Vettel is a great driver, but i feel that Ferrari is getting a little greedy and looking for something that may not exist. I thought they had a good thing going with Alonso, and Massa. I also thought Massa improved tremendously over the last few years at Ferrari, but they decided to drop Massa and take Raikkonen instead, which i thought was a big mistake - Raikkonen simply lost interest in F1.

2015 should be interesting.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

First off, to be clear, there are no bad drivers in F1. They all have a Superlicense, which means they were a consistently dominant and likely champion driver at a level below F1. A GP2, IndyCar etc champion is NOT a bad driver. However, has Vettel ever shown that he can do something special in an uncompetitive car? That to me is the real measure of a special driver in F1. Senna could do it, Schumacher, Hamilton, and Alonso. Vettel... not that I can remember. I do remember him getting his ass handed by Ricciardo when they didn't have a world beating car.

I cannot see any possible angle where Ferrari are better off. Alonso is a terrific fit for the team, who love to pamper and revere their favorite driver, which Alonso has shown that it is something he needs. It's only a matter of time before Ferrari are competitive again, and on any given weekend, Alonso will get the most out of the car that is possible, often more through good strategy.

The only thing I can see is maybe Alonso got fed up for some reason and thinks he has better odds of succeeding with McLaren in the short term. I don't know what the dynamic has been like at Maranello but I have heard that the Tifosi are not kind to you if you're not winning. Although I haven't seen any evidence of it happening to Alonso.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
1bmw1
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
First off, to be clear, there are no bad drivers in F1. They all have a Superlicense, which means they were a consistently dominant and likely champion driver at a level below F1. A GP2, IndyCar etc champion is NOT a bad driver. However, has Vettel ever shown that he can do something special in an uncompetitive car? That to me is the real measure of a special driver in F1. Senna could do it, Schumacher, Hamilton, and Alonso. Vettel... not that I can remember. I do remember him getting his ass handed by Ricciardo when they didn't have a world beating car.

I cannot see any possible angle where Ferrari are better off. Alonso is a terrific fit for the team, who love to pamper and revere their favorite driver, which Alonso has shown that it is something he needs. It's only a matter of time before Ferrari are competitive again, and on any given weekend, Alonso will get the most out of the car that is possible, often more through good strategy.

The only thing I can see is maybe Alonso got fed up for some reason and thinks he has better odds of succeeding with McLaren in the short term. I don't know what the dynamic has been like at Maranello but I have heard that the Tifosi are not kind to you if you're not winning. Although I haven't seen any evidence of it happening to Alonso.
If you're comparing an F1 driver to any of us then you can of course safely say that there are no bad F1 drivers, but if we're talking in the context and in comparison of an f1 driver vs another f1 driver then i think you can have one thats less terrible, or less better than the other. We all know that there are no "bad" F1 drivers but it's gotta serve in the same context when comparing. IMO an F1 driver means very little these days without a competitive car. I also wished that Alonso had stayed. We'll see what Honda can do!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:

We'll have to see what 2015 brings to Ferrari. 2014 was the first year with the new engines, so only time will tell. For now, all we see is driver modification.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
We'll have to see what 2015 brings to Ferrari. 2014 was the first year with the new engines, so only time will tell. For now, all we see is driver modification.
I wouldn't be surprised if he took the title this year if Ferrari again build a dominant car. I'm just saying that Alonso would do that with just a competitive car. Maybe he really does want to win it all again that badly, and just saying McLaren Honda feels like you've won the title. As big a fan as I am of Lewis, I will be really pulling for McLaren this year (as I bet he will be secretly too).
Old 01-21-2015, 01:12 AM   #8
Bliss
Administrator

I think if Mercedes keeps their momentum this year, then Lewis will be laughing.

What should be interesting is McLaren's team-up with Honda power - Honda + turbo leaves me with a big question-mark, but if Honda can make a motor that's more reliable than most of the F1 engines last year (minus mercedes), then i think they'll be good to go.

Another interesting change(to me) is the new Mercedes power plant in the Lotus, although I'm not too optimistic with Maldonado behind the wheel.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #9
Bliss
Administrator

Williams' new design for 2015. Talk about down force.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10944390_10152746081988759_3358333153382788515_n.jpg (43.9 KB, 115 views)

Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #10
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
First off, to be clear, there are no bad drivers in F1.
Quote:
I'm not too optimistic with Maldonado behind the wheel.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
BigD
the misanthropist

I love that guy, F1 needs more of him. Super quick and he just doesn't give a ****. He'll try an outside pass on anyone.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #12
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
I love that guy, F1 needs more of him. Super quick and he just doesn't give a ****. He'll try an outside pass on anyone.
His super quick, outside passing gave him a whopping 2 points and a ton of crashes last year.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #13
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Wish Vettel the best at Ferrari, but Ferrari lost a shit load of people this year and i think that will have a major effect on this years car. To be honest Vettel, has never impress me through out his F1 career. there is not one drive i can remember on top of my head where this guy came out superior. I cant say the same for Alonso,Lewis or Bottas.

the only way i can see vettel winning another championship is if Brawn or Newey comes to Ferrari I hope he can prove me wrong this year.

that William car tho, i hope all the car dont look like this, the front end looks soo ugly but if they can bring the fight to the Mercs, I'm all for it.

Force India 2015 Car, the nose doesn't look as radical as the Williams.

Can't wait for Australia.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #14
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
His super quick, outside passing gave him a whopping 2 points and a ton of crashes last year.
Also gave Williams their only GP win since 2003
Old 01-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #15
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

A merc powered car was release today.

Looks good..

I hope it will bring them closer to the front

Last edited by ZiMMie; 01-26-2015 at 04:30 PM.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: