Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Kijiji Scams

Most people already know about these, but just in case.

There is a guy that has been posting on Kijiji.ca for a month or two, cars in the $7000 range, that are actually worth $15,000 or more.

For Example, '06 Mini Cooper, White for $6000.00

Here is an actual example.

Real Car is in the US, @ $15,000 or so.

CarSource USA

Real EBAY Listing
But the scammer has it on Kijiji for $3500.00

Scammer Ad - While it Lasts

This 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo with Red Exterior and Black Interior with a 300hp 3.0L V6 Twin

Turbo Features
Power Driver's Seat
Bose Audio
Cassette Radio
T-Tops
Heated Mirrors
Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, **Low Mileage**, Power Mirrors, Power Windows, Rear

Window Defroster.
VIN: JN1CZ24H4MX502797
Mileage: 53,300
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: 6 - Cyl. 3.0 L
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Black
Body Style: Coupe
Title Status: Clear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 300ZX.jpg (33.3 KB, 785 views)

Last edited by dtthiaga; 01-15-2008 at 07:06 PM.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

what is the scam thou? Does he ask for payment before hand? and dissappears?, does he pay you by $40,000 and say take your share?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

He has few different stories. Mostly shipping scams or Identity Theft...

RE:2002 HONDA S2000
jjonhson@hotmail.com

Hello there,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm writing you regarding my 2002 HONDA S2000. The price I'm looking for is US $8000.00 US.The car is in Berlin, Germany but she is a US car.I'm currently in a business trip with my company in Paris, France for the next 2 weeks, that's why i arranged everything with the delivery of the car.I want to point out that i am in the process of moving because of changing my working place, i am after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why i decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
The title, all the paperwork needed to register the car under your name will come with the car.
Best regards.

RE:2005 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
Robert Seizemore
Subject: RE: Reply to your "2005 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan" Ad on Kijiji

Hello,
Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in Los Angeles (US) right now and I have been very busy.Any way,thank you for your interest in buying my car.
The car is located in US right now but has Canada papers and still registrated in Canada.
Why is the price so low? I am going through a divorce, and I had to move out of Canada. I cannot register the car here, as it is not made for USA market
and here in California a car is very difficult to registrate.So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast
and I can't find a buyer in here.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by eBay Purchase Protection,
because Kijiji is a eBay affiliate website.
The final price for the car with shipping included,is $8000.I will not negociate the price. I take in consideration only those buyers who are really
interested in buying the car, to be sure that I'm not wasting my time with endless discussions.This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions.
Click here and you can see more pictures :
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...bertseizemore/

So if you are interested please email me back.
Regards,
Robert Seizemore

Last edited by dtthiaga; 01-15-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

One more example.

Real EBay Ad. VIN's match. Pictures were stolen from here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-4R...QQcmdZViewItem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toyota.jpg (117.6 KB, 769 views)
File Type: jpg ebay_toyota.jpg (116.2 KB, 762 views)
Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
denisemichel
AMG LOL

scammers!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

I just went through 2 of them with Sleds on kijiji

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my 2006 Ski-Doo MX Z Adrenaline 600 HO SDI. The sled is in perfect condition, very well maintained, no damages and no mechanical problems, the engine runs and sounds awesome, it has 1260 miles. I am located in Salt Lake City, UT and I have the sled with me. I will ship it from here on my expense through DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers). The payment will be handled securely through SafePay Solutions. They will handle the financial part of this transaction, I will only take care of the shipping. If you want to make this purchase, the final price is $3100. I ask a little for this great sled since I am passing through a divorce with my wife and I need to get rid of it fast.
The pics speak for themselves, You'll love the sled, I can guarantee you that! Let me know what you decide.

Many thanks,
Marcus Cooke
^^ I emailed him back to go and see it, he replied
Quote:

The sled is already crated at the shipping Co. and is ready to go. It will come with all documents necessary for registration into your name. If you are really serious interested in the purchase of the sled please get back to me so I can explain you how the deal works.

Many thanks,
Marcus Cooke
This guy even made up a fake ebay page. I opened a new window and typed in the item number and didn't come up..

Quote:
Hi , Thank you for your interest in purchasing my snowmobile. I know that there are numerous offers on the web and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase. I am a private seller not a shop and I had (for the moment) the privilege to buy this snowmobile for a low cost from a bankrupt store so that you have the opportunity to purchase from me at a great saving from the original price. We bought it along with others in order to make a showroom, but life had another plan for us. My wife was promoted so we had to move to another town and we do not have time to make our showroom. Besides, there are a lot of things which have priority now, so, this snowmobile has to go.The sled is in like new condition.The buy it now price is $ 4600.00 CAD.

Here are a few information about my snowmobile :
Make: Ski-Doo
Model: BLIZZARD
Year: 2007
Engine Size (cc): 800Engine Type: 2-Stroke
Type: Sport
Reverse Gear: Yes
Electric Start: Yes
Kilometers : 239
Primary Color: Yellow
Title: Clear

P.S I have also the snowmobile listed on eBay.Here isthe link where you can see the snowmobile and moreinformation and pics : http://www.cgi-autos-motors-ebay-aw..../ski%20doo.htm I will wait your e-mail if you are stil interested. Thank you.Steve
^^ I emailed him back and he said they were in NYC.. So I emailed him back requesting to go and see it.. no reply

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day

Last edited by Nascar318is; 01-16-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
I just got one too... lol!

Re: 2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD VTEC‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: Wed 1/16/08 3:36 PM
Reply-to: ele_rogers@msn.com
To: punnzzells@hotmail.com

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell at this price($2,870.00 USD) because i just finished the divorce with my husband.
When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i don't need. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches,
flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000.
The final price that I want for this car is $2,870.00 USD including shipping and handling.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon
Ele Rogers
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Just keep reporting to Kijiji, using the "Report Fraud" button on the right side for each ad.

I guess this guys fake msn e-mail address, which is different in each fake ad, should be gathered and forwarded to MSN.

There has to be a way to ban his IP, or track him down.

I think he uses a gmail account to create the kijiji ads, but responds via hotmail/msn. He also creates one gmail account for each ad, as you can't link to his other ads.

"Pass the word around"
Some poor guy is going to loose some money. It's a matter of time
Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

The scammers do this a lot with motorbikes too, all sorts of great recent bikes for around $4000.

There are GREAT ways to get back at them:

http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

This guy convinced the scammer to get a TATTOO! LOL! Good read if you have 20 minutes to kill.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
The scammers do this a lot with motorbikes too, all sorts of great recent bikes for around $4000.

This guy convinced the scammer to get a TATTOO! LOL! Good read if you have 20 minutes to kill.

K I just read the whole thing, that's nuts.. I think Charles is dead, his creditors were at his neck

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #11
Raps_Fan
1st Gear Newbie

I recently replied to what was likely a scam. Basically I was told to send the money and I'll be sent the item. I realized it was a scam and reported it. However, I used a personal account with my real name on it. Any possible issues with that? I guess I concerned with id theft and things like that nowadays.
Raps_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #12
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
apparently one lady feel for it and sent the info and check out or something stupid like that. then she was all upset that she got ripped off.

people definitely have nothing better to do with their time than post up bs like this.
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:

LOL this is hilarious! is this site for real? They're hunting down scammers, one at a time?! look at that trophy wall! http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

I cant believe they've all been exposed by 419eater.com?! Is this for real?

Call me a commi, but These Scammers should be monitered better (If we have no privacy rights on the internet, and government moniters everything people do, then moniter 419 scammers, and people ripping off other people)...Simple IP lookup would tell it all. Limit their internet access, to a Giant LAN network of scammers only No external WWW access. So they can only contact other scammers and rip each other off all day long. Amazing how much time they have all day to write emails back and forth.

Last edited by rendered; 02-17-2009 at 12:37 PM.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:

LOL! that is so awesome .. the dude with bread on his head made me laugh so hard.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
prince1
on to the next 1

Send a message via MSN to prince1
thats nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Yo man, I got $6000 in my bank account, and I could buy any car i want
Ya man with $6000 in the bank, you're really balling arnt ya
prince1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread