Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-14-2017, 04:36 AM   #1
Benjii
1st Gear Newbie

Trying to buy a Bmw...

Hi guys

First off: I'm actually from Norway, and i'm -->trying<-- to buy a M3, and ofcourse import it back home(to Norway) But there is a big problem and it happens with all the dealers ive been in contact with. In the beginning of the communication, everything is fine, i'm getting the info about the car, car proof, telling the dealership that i want to import the car etc, price is negoitaded and everything is ready go. I'l just need to give the dealership my money, and its about the hardest thing i've encountered in my life.

As soon as I say that the money will be wired transferred from my bank account! No one seems to want my money, they just shut down the comunication and I'l never hear from them again...what the actual **** guys? is there any way i can give the dealerships my money? This is actual a bit surreal for me. PS: I always emphasize that they will have the money before any contract beeing signed etc. so they will actually have both the car and my money at some point. This is a common practice when dealing with dealerships in germany, UK, sweden etc(europe in general)

What is the big problem?

Thanks for any answers, i'm a bit frustraded at this point!
Benjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
1bmw1
4th Gear Member

Hmm, sounds like they're skeptical, and probably for good reason. Lots of sketchy people out there. I would probably ask to speak to their manager instead of a sales guy, to clear things up for you. I'm sure there's a reason why it's not going through. I'm sure they want the sale as badly as you want the car.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
jabela
6th Gear Member

They're worried they're going to get scammed. Maybe you can get a broker here or something?

Also, I'd avoid a Canadian or northern USA car if you can. Ones from the southern states should be less rusty since they don't have to salt their roads.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.maisonapothecare.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:17 AM   #4
Benjii
1st Gear Newbie

Hey guys, I dont understand how they can get scammed if they get the money before any bill of sale being signed etc. I should be the one who worries about ever get to see the car.

But guys, i got a respond now actually. They wanted a copy of my passport and driver license to send me the bill of sale. So seems like its finally happening!

So, to all of you. If things arent going your way, just rant on a forum alittle. (life lesson)
Benjii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: