Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-10-2017, 01:15 AM   #1
pearl_iroc
2nd Gear Member

Avoid!!!! Next Level Auto Avoid !!!!

Next Level Auto
43 Six Point Rd, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 2X3
Service Manage - Joe

So, my 2004 330ci ZAM vert was rear ended, upon drivng to the collision reporting center I noticed an ugly creaking and clunking noise from the rear end.

Naturally I told my insurance company that Luxury Auto Body would be doing the work. So I proceeded to go see Rich and explain the situation. He then sent me to Next Level Auto, as that is the shop they send their mechanical repairs too. So I proceed to drive over there and see a person Name Joe. We then went for a test drive and Joe confirmed the noises. All his hoists were apparently busy and a test spin is all we could do.

So the day the insurance was to send out the appraiser Joe was to put the car on a hoist and inspect the rear end.

About 1 hr after leaving the car at LUX, JOE calls me. He proceeds to tell me that my sway bar is touching my upper control arms and that my control arms are bent. So I said HOLD UP!! I will be there in 10. I have personally meticulously maintained this vehicle!! It is mint. This car NEVER GOES to private shops, aside from LUX, Altech and Hot Rod Scotts.

Upon arrival at the shop the car is on a 2 post hoist (suspension hanging). Joe then tells me that my poly diff bushings could be the source of the noise. (NEVER HAD ANY NOISE BEFORE ACCIDENT).
Then shows me the left (less damaged side) control arm touching the sway bar.(No wear marks on the sway bar paint) I told him the since the suspension is unloaded it would be close.

Joe had no idea how to check the sub frame bushings!! NO knowlege of where to pry. I asked him to put it on the 4 post hoist, he told me the car is too low. Im only on regular BC coils.

The next morning I decided to take it to another shop that could put it on a 4 post hoist and inspect it properly.

They discovered 2 bent control arms with FRESH floor jack marks on the arms.

Of course Joe denied it and hung up on me. Saying he jacked it from the diff, which is also the incorrect way. Subframe cradle would be correct.

So If you go to LUX dont let Rich send you to JOe @ Next Level Auto!!!!

pearl_iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
xander_g
Personal Injury Law

Wow, that is some next level incompetence. Maybe they had an apprentice or someone inexperienced lift the car? In any case, the advisor's behaviour was simply unaccepatable.

Thank you for sharing.
xander_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
skru_fase
Lurker

I would speak to the autobody shop. They are the ones referring these guys...
skru_fase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

So what happened about the rear end accident? was there no damage to the body? Did LAB fix the body and then send you to level auto?

I would ask LAB to get involved and put pressure on Level Auto because it's their reputation on the line also if they use them for mechanical repairs.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
pearl_iroc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
So what happened about the rear end accident? was there no damage to the body? Did LAB fix the body and then send you to level auto?

I would ask LAB to get involved and put pressure on Level Auto because it's their reputation on the line also if they use them for mechanical repairs.
That inspection and pics were taken on the morning of Friday June 9, the day after Next Level had the car. When I got home I called my insurance and told them what shop I would like the mechanical work done. The earliest they could send an appraiser out to the new shop was Monday June 12. They came yesterday (June 12) took pics etc and spoke to the tech. (who actually found the damage and reason for creak, minus the arms that will have to come out of my pocket)

The estimate will be completed and sent out tomorrow.

NO ONE has touched the body work yet. I want the mechanical aspect taken care of first, so I know the car is safe to operate.

I am hesitant to even bother with Rich and Lab at this point, dont get me wrong Rich is a nice guy but at this point there not much he can do. At the end of the day its Joe @ Next Level vs. My word. Who do you really think Rich is going to believe! Its not worth my time and stress to deal with these guys.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
dbworld4k

Avoid!!!! Next Level Auto Avoid !!!!

I'd send it to European Autobody. They're the absolute best in the business.

dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #7
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

The damage can also be done by a tow truck, if the car was towed after the accident; we see it ALL the time, lazy drivers just put the hook on the lower control arms, bending them.

PS, its just about $100 in parts, just get it done with the body work, as they need to do alignment anyways...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E28 E34 E39 E60 E61 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4 F30 F32

Etobicoke location now open!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 70+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
pearl_iroc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Heaven View Post
The damage can also be done by a tow truck, if the car was towed after the accident; we see it ALL the time, lazy drivers just put the hook on the lower control arms, bending them.

PS, its just about $100 in parts, just get it done with the body work, as they need to do alignment anyways...
Look at the pics, there are fresh jack marks, wasnt towed.

I would'nt shoot blame at a shop unless I was 100% sure.

Last edited by pearl_iroc; 06-14-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Me no spell good
Old 07-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #9
pearl_iroc
2nd Gear Member

So small update , as this is still ongoing with insurance, basically insurance is stuck on the fact the camber arms that Joe at Next Level Auto bent, is causing my issue, even though the creaking only happend after the accident and before Joe bent the arms.

So since the car is at the new capable shop I had to appease the insurance and pay shop labour and parts cost for the replacement of both arms. Which I could have easily done myself but this is the way insurance want it.(Thanks Rich@LAB for sending me to Next Level Auto lol)

I guess we will see what they say when the result come back and the arms dont fix the issue.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #10
crysis
1st Gear Newbie

That's unfortunate man. Can you try posting photobucket pictures elsewhere? It's broken now That's why my friend at DSRLeasing keeps telling me it's very hard to find reliable services.
crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #11
pearl_iroc
2nd Gear Member

Just an update, everything is completed. Left sub frame busing had a tear the other 3 were mint.

I ended up reinforcing it with Turner plates, and poly bushing.

As for paint I went with Manny @European Autobody, had to wait a month to get in as they are fully booked all the time. But it was well worth the wait as the car was done promptly and properly.

So it took 3 months but at least the car is fixed better then before and when I got the car back from European there were no other damages done to the vehicle,which had happened last time the car was at LAB, I had that same rear bumper re finished and they did a amazing job!!!

However I got the car back with a tennis ball sized dent in my hood, which was painted by them less then a year ago so it was also mint lol. They did however ever fix it and stood by there word, as Rich is a honest guy. Wish I could say the same about Joe @ Next Level Incompetence (Auto)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: