Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-02-2017, 06:44 AM   #1
e24_635csi
still wants a turbo...

F10 535i / 535d owners

With baby #2 on the way the e46 is going to be to small
Looking to move up to an f10
Fell in love with the 535i m sport, I've never owned a diesel but the 535d seems (via internet reviews) to be a great car too. Great torque, and mpg, just an all around good car.

The e46 puts close to 1000km a week so a diesel is realistic for my driving situation, though the gas motor still gets good mileage.

Just curious who's in an f10 right now and how they like it. Any major repairs
I will likely be looking into an extended warranty CPO 2012-2014 xdrive.

I've been trolling Kijiji/trader for about a month and just last week have I seen only 1 535d, are they that rare or are most people hanging on to them.

Thanks

F15 35d m sport - e34 M5 - e46 330xi m sport- e28 M5
e24_635csi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
xander_g
2nd Gear Member

I recently picked up a cpo 2014 535 xi with 32000kms and here are some of my thoughts. I apologize in advance if the below isn't thorough or detailed enough as I'm at work and typed this out quickly.

8000 kms later and no complaints so far. As opposed to my e92 which needs to be wound out, it has a lot of torque down low which is great for daily driving around town. When it comes to spirited driving, the sport and sport+ modes really wake the car up.

The ride is comfortable and compliant but not too soft, I haven't really driven it hard enough to test the limits yet so I can't speak to that.

The NBT is quick, the screen is large enough and is integrated into the dash which I really like as opposed to having it stick out and look out of place a la benz/audi. There's a ton of options, settings and even the entire owners manual is in there. I like the idea of the touch controller but I've used it only a handful of times.

The car looks a lot bigger from the outside and when you get in, you may wonder where did all the space go, but it seats 4 people and a medium sized dog quite comfortably.

I suggest looking for a 2014+ as it's the lci model and comfort seats for the front are a must in my opinion. I would also suggest getting premium package which would give you just enough tech such as auto-trunk, cameras, xm, etc. but not stuff like night vision, hud, and various driver aides like lane-keeping.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the 535xi as a daily driver and would definitely recommend it.
xander_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
e24_635csi
still wants a turbo...

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

F15 35d m sport - e34 M5 - e46 330xi m sport- e28 M5
e24_635csi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #4
Trekz
4th Gear Member

Stay away from disel and all the emission crap that's attached to it. Nothing but problems.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Trekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #5
akrus
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekz View Post
Stay away from disel and all the emission crap that's attached to it. Nothing but problems.

Would you be able to expand? In my research, I've read only of the following "issues":

- potential for hpfp detonation possibly due to poor quality fuel (i.e.: water in fuel) in some cases;
- dpf issues on cars that never really get up to temp (likely due to short driving periods in city);

I'm waiting on a 2014 535d m and haven't seen much that would say it's something to stay away from. Now, keep in mind that my driving involves a daily commute of 250km so I'm confident that the d is going to be in it's ideal environment for proper operation.

I've searched this site for '535d' and not a ton came up, so I'd appreciate knowing more about your post. Thanks.
akrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
Trekz
4th Gear Member

Engine wise it solid engine, but anything scr related is prone to failure and expensive to replace

Trekz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: