Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #196
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

So.... everyone getting some stuff done? Getting their rigs ready for whatever this year may bring.
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #197
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Working on getting the rest of my cage finished This week. Thing is fitting very tight to the car.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 PM   #198
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
So.... everyone getting some stuff done? Getting their rigs ready for whatever this year may bring.
Was building a head but moving instead. Decent trade off. New head will wait and will have a garage again.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:25 PM   #199
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Fair enough. What are the specs to the head,?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #200
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Nothing crazy. Just a BimmerHeads 274 regrind, new OE springs and rockers. Head still needs some machine shop love to get cleaned up and I was going to gasket match the ports and shine up the exhaust side. And then a bunch of other stuff to go with it like injectors and was hoping to extrude hone my intake manifold.

.... But, need to be responsible (read: I don't want my ol' lady to get angry with me) so I'll wait a bit. Probably slap it together sometime after the move in the summer. Weekend job.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #201
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Still working on chipping away the support structure on that piece you 3D printed for me... what a pain in the ass
Old 01-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #202
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Well, my rig is DD'd, so work gets done when needed.

In November, I had a big project - new remanufactured brake calipers and soft lines, rotors and pads, front strut inserts and bearings, tie rods, used control arms with new ball joints.

Sometime this year will be timing belt time again. Probably June.

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near."
estoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #203
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Still working on chipping away the support structure on that piece you 3D printed for me... what a pain in the ass
LMAO.

I told you id print one without all that structure shit.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #204
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoguy View Post
Well, my rig is DD'd, so work gets done when needed.

In November, I had a big project - new remanufactured brake calipers and soft lines, rotors and pads, front strut inserts and bearings, tie rods, used control arms with new ball joints.

Sometime this year will be timing belt time again. Probably June.
Beauty. Nice to see e30's get relied on daily. They are very good that way.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #205
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

DD'ing an E30... I almost miss it... but then I bought an E90.

The only thing I miss about the E30 was how easily I could just chuck it into a corner and get it to oversteer. The E90 does not take well to being chucked around with the factory suspension and staggered wheel set-up.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #206
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
LMAO.

I told you id print one without all that structure shit.
I'm just kidding lol, I've been working on the E21, I haven't touched the E30, since I drove it on Christmas eve.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #207
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I've been DDing my E30 for just over 3 years now... averaging about 60K km per year and loving every single one. Great handling, hella fun to drive and that smooth inline 6. Can't wait for the Spring Cruise!

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Old 01-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #208
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Nice. I dd'd my E30 for a few months this summer while I put my E34 together. It was a terrible experience because it's uncomfortable and loud. But when I don't need to rely on it, it brings a smile to my face.

I've found a nice '84 318i I've been considering getting for my girl to daily in the spring. Would be a great car for her. Things to consider.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:07 AM   #209
Ryan1212
Some sort of something...

Nothing much new, got my wing mounted roughly on the LS, ground controls installed into the LS now as well with new front wheel bearings.

Need to finish the lines to my oil cooler in the spring and finish the win supports. Still need to buy a set of tires, 2 rims, wheel stud kit and fender flares for it as well.

Haven't done anything to the 4 door since I bought it in October. When I bought it I swapped the wheels and suspension from the track car into it. Also swapped the front seats, did timing belt and water pump, and a wheel bearing. Now I need to do a manual swap on it once I'm done with the track car.

Here's 2 pictures of the two together (only pics I have) of the LS and the 4 door, 4 door is completely stock here. It now has the suspension and wheels from the LS.

Last edited by Ryan1212; 01-22-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Ryan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #210
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatose View Post
Nice. I dd'd my E30 for a few months this summer while I put my E34 together. It was a terrible experience because it's uncomfortable and loud.
Seriously? The only time I found mine to be loud was when I ran it with a straight pipe from the cat back... and it just sucked. I put a Thrush Glasspack on it, and it ran so much better.

I DD my E30 up to 200 km a day, and I've never been uncomfortable - I got the stock seats and I'm 6'3". I could drive it all day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: