Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 AM   #16
FLIPbmw
2nd Gear Member

My car is having the same problems. The ecu and fuel pump was changed within the past 6 months. I can't leave my car in the driveway for more than a day or it won't start up again. The oil was changed recently because the last time it died and we got it started up, we took it straight to the garage to get an oil change. First the battery seems a bit dead, but even with a booster pack it won't start (CAA booster). When I am stopped at a light, some times I would get a really rough idle like it was caughing up chunks. The gauges would drop to the off position just for a second while the car feels like it is about to die, then it goes back to a rough idle. (600-800rpm). It would even die on me when I'm driving to school. In the car line, I would just use the brake to control the speed (going 5kph) and it would just cut out.

Let me know if your problem is solved and what you did.
FLIPbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #17
bmnorm
4th Gear Member

so this guy is telling me i need a cam shaft sensor. what is this guy talking about. I have already replaced the crank sensor. now the camshaft sensor, is this guy taking me for a ride. how do I get my money back for the crank sensor. I have allready paid 400$. what the hell does the camshaft sensor do?
bmnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:39 PM   #18
jeffrie
Addict

Cam position sensor also throws a code.

I think you need the Pikes Peak tool or your gonna get ripped off alot more often. However the cam position sensor is a little trickier to replace then the crank position sensor, thinking your wrench just geussed the crank sensor.
emotors has a wright up on how to change the cam sensor yourself for a m44 but probably similar to a 325. The Bently doesn't tell you how in this case.
http://www.emotors.ca/Articles/article.aspx?id=239

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:55 AM   #19
bmnorm
4th Gear Member

it's 4.30am, I was on my way out to work. my fcuking car did not start. I just payed $250 yesterday. That is a nice total of $650 & the mother fcuker had my car tue-wed. then friday to wed. 1 week of takeing a cab in the morning ($100) & frezzing my ass of on the bus after work. my car is worst off then it was when I took it in. I need to get my money back. I'm so fcuking pissed, I have never had a car come out worst then when I took it in.
bmnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #20
jeffrie
Addict

you suffer from a bad wrench. Find a new one or keep bending over and taking it up the ***. Your not getting your $$$ back.
I had some in the past when I had my Audi after I was raped the 3rd time, then I slowly came to relize that I seem to know more about german cars then 90% of the wrenches in my area, since I was always ending up doing the final fixes anyway after the G's were taken away to keep giving it back to the retards, Geuss I was the true retard. I got a winter beater to drive till I made time to fix my real car.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #21
Stuttgart
Bmw = Bought My Wife

Send a message via MSN to Stuttgart
get that code reader, I had the same problem ur talkin about the stealer charged me 905 dollars for a maf then bahm same shit, finally found out myself that the fuel pump relay.:-(

89 325i sold
92 325i S52 OBD1 RIP
88 190e 5speed RIP
95 e320 SE RIP
93 190e Sold
08 c350 Summer
01 C230 Supercharged Sold
03 320i Wifes Car now
93 325is Project Build

03 GSXR 600 RIP
04 CBR 600RR Sold
06 YZF R6 Raven
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
I'm more interested in sticking my banana into the girl on your hood.
Stuttgart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: