Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
Doubleeh
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 78
lights always on!



Hi everybody I own a 94 325 IS. My headlights, the taillights, cornerlights ,license plate lights and dashboard lights are always on regardless of whether the dashboard switch is turned on. Is this normal for this year of car? I am thinking of buying angel eyes and would like the versatility of different light settings. ie angel eyes on by themseleves/angel eyes + headlights etc.
Doubleeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:12 AM   #2
mpower1226
6th Gear Member
 
mpower1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleeh View Post
Hi everybody I own a 94 325 IS. My headlights, the taillights, cornerlights ,license plate lights and dashboard lights are always on regardless of whether the dashboard switch is turned on. Is this normal for this year of car? I am thinking of buying angel eyes and would like the versatility of different light settings. ie angel eyes on by themseleves/angel eyes + headlights etc.
it was a temporally fix for then newly introduced daytime running light regulation.

In order to install the angel eyes, you have to install it on the ellipsoid headlights.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:25 AM   #3
Doubleeh
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 78
thanks mpower
Doubleeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 13,107
It's normal, and there seems to be only one shop in all of the GTA who has figured the weird Canadian DRL system out and can make the switch work as it should. Safe & Sound Installations.

Jay
__________________
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member
 
Nascar318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
It's normal, and there seems to be only one shop in all of the GTA who has figured the weird Canadian DRL system out and can make the switch work as it should. Safe & Sound Installations.

Jay
Also someone on here ran some 14 guage wire from the fuse for the lights to a switch on the center console. On and off when ever you want.. But for me I'd rather a shop do it, incase you wire it wrong and it catches fire while parked outside of work...
__________________

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: GTA
Posts: 9,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is View Post
Also someone on here ran some 14 guage wire from the fuse for the lights to a switch on the center console. On and off when ever you want.. But for me I'd rather a shop do it, incase you wire it wrong and it catches fire while parked outside of work...
That is the worst electrical move you can do, who ever did that should never touch someone elses car.

Running the full load thru a little switch is the worst way to do something. Smaller switchs cannot handle high amperage

The proper way is to use a relay.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 13,107
What he said. The process is a lot more involved than just adding a rocker switch, and functions and is as safe as OEM afterwards.

Jay
__________________
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018