Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #166
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Looks to be the same! I just need to know the fax number for the queen lewiston border, so I am planning on calling them shortly.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #167
Sweetbmw
2nd Gear Member

What if US car is already in Canada

What if US car already in Ontario, do I still have to take it to US border? It's my friend car 02 BMW 330ci convertible with nav. He was travelling to Ontario, his wife was pregnant, so he took the flight back. I do have the original US title and one more document he signed which I can't recall. Now my other friend was telling me, I have to drive the car to US border, park in storage for 3 days for inspection/clearance, pay the duty n do other process. Please let me know if I still have to take the car to US or no? Thanks
Sweetbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #168
dbworld4k

Buying a car from eBay/United States

Yes you do, as Canada Customs has to issue paperwork to begin the registration process.

I believe you'll have to just drive to the U.S. and make a U-turn after crossing into the country. But you will also have to have your friend fill out a US export form in advance (new policy as of 2014 I think). Upon arriving at the CDN border, you'll present the Title and Bill Of Sale to the Canadian guard. They'll send you in for taxes/duties/RIV paperwork.

BMWM5Lover just imported a US car. Perhaps he can shed more light on the recent changes to importing.

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #169
dcramer
6th Gear Member

or you could get a broker to do it. Also it is much more difficult now as noted. As of Oct 2/2014 you need extra paper work see https://www.riv.ca/ImportantNotices.aspx
Old 12-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #170
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer View Post
or you could get a broker to do it. Also it is much more difficult now as noted. As of Oct 2/2014 you need extra paper work see https://www.riv.ca/ImportantNotices.aspx
So Im getting ready to import another car and yes there is a new regulation as per the US Export office.

You have to get a special export number called an ITN number from AES or some bullshit like that. I got the number through a broker for $75 bucks but its just another hassle.

Apparently the number is necessary to give the government time to research the car to be exported to ensure its not stolen etc. This new regulation started as of Oct 2nd 2014.

http://www.cbp.gov/trade/trade-commu...ated/aes/about
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:55 AM   #171
Chuck P
1st Gear Newbie

That is interesting, I imported a 97 M3 last summer (July 2015) and I did not have an ITN.

My wife and I drove down to get the car and I drove it home on Connecticut plates. On the way there the US border guard counted my cash, looked at a copy of my RIV exemption paperwork and let me go. On the way home I declared the car at the Canadian border, had the car inspected, completed the RIV paperwork, paid duty and drove home. Aside from 13 hours of driving it was an easy process.

Last edited by Chuck P; 01-20-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Chuck P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:38 PM   #172
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino View Post
So Im getting ready to import another car and yes there is a new regulation as per the US Export office.

You have to get a special export number called an ITN number from AES or some bullshit like that. I got the number through a broker for $75 bucks but its just another hassle.

Apparently the number is necessary to give the government time to research the car to be exported to ensure its not stolen etc. This new regulation started as of Oct 2nd 2014.

http://www.cbp.gov/trade/trade-commu...ated/aes/about
That is true!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #173
jacobcarl
1st Gear Newbie

Hello everyone, i am jacob carl . i am working in company as mobile developer .i am planning to Buy BMW 5 series in India . can you anyone post address best price i can get .
jacobcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #174
Vcalko
1st Gear Newbie

Once you work out the US exchange rate and freight/customs, how much could you possibly be saving?
Vcalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #175
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck P View Post
That is interesting, I imported a 97 M3 last summer (July 2015) and I did not have an ITN.

My wife and I drove down to get the car and I drove it home on Connecticut plates. On the way there the US border guard counted my cash, looked at a copy of my RIV exemption paperwork and let me go. On the way home I declared the car at the Canadian border, had the car inspected, completed the RIV paperwork, paid duty and drove home. Aside from 13 hours of driving it was an easy process.
Old post I know, but no one clarified this. Your 97 M3 was 15+ years old when you imported it, so it is exempt from alot of the additional paperwork that is required for newer cars.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: