Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #16
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Why would you want to advertise a company on yourself? Especially for free also! lol I see no point in Tatoo's cuz you'll regret having one once you get a family and have kids. I'd NEVER want my kids to see my tatoo's. It would be a bad influence on them to see their father with a tatoo.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:59 PM   #17
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
how are tattoo's a bad influence?... how you handle yourself, interact with others (including your children) is how you influence them... not by a tattoo of a BMW roundel. And I don't think everyone regrets their tattoo's once they have a family and kids.. in fact, a lot wait until that stage in their lives before they get their tat's...
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:06 PM   #18
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
SLy.. if you give me an idea of where you want to put it, how large, and any adlibs you want added to it.. I'll design you a tattoo. I've done many for friends.. (though not a BMW one).. let me know.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:57 PM   #19
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
how are tattoo's a bad influence?... how you handle yourself, interact with others (including your children) is how you influence them... not by a tattoo of a BMW roundel. And I don't think everyone regrets their tattoo's once they have a family and kids.. in fact, a lot wait until that stage in their lives before they get their tat's...
Simple.... The kids see the tatoo on their dad and then they think itz okay to go get one the next day. Then it follows up with harder shit. Personally if I saw a Tatoo on my dad I wouldn't take him as being too professional. No offesne to anyones dad that has one but if you take what I said the wrong way then I don't care cuz you shouldn't.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2003, 12:50 AM   #20
The Sly
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
SLy.. if you give me an idea of where you want to put it, how large, and any adlibs you want added to it.. I'll design you a tattoo. I've done many for friends.. (though not a BMW one).. let me know.
Hi Justin e36...

I was thinking putting the BMW Logo on my left shoulder.....
Any other idea...

That would be great...
Thanks

Sly
Old 11-05-2003, 12:58 AM   #21
The Sly
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
Simple.... The kids see the tatoo on their dad and then they think itz okay to go get one the next day. Then it follows up with harder shit. Personally if I saw a Tatoo on my dad I wouldn't take him as being too professional. No offesne to anyones dad that has one but if you take what I said the wrong way then I don't care cuz you shouldn't.
Hey guys before this goes any further...

My grand father went through 2 wars and he had tattoo,s and i think he was the most professional person i ever met.

I have just turned 40 and i have kids and i believe this is my say if i want one or not....

Please no more comments about if i shoud or not ....
Like i said, i am old enough to make this decision....

Now anyone else with a good idea on a BMW tattoo....

Thanks guys
Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 AM   #22
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Yeah seriously, leave Sly alone. He asked twice now not to comment on whether it's a good idea or not..
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:23 AM   #23
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

I think the shoulder is a great place. Not too small though!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:43 AM   #24
The Sly
5th Gear Member

So Bob Loblaw did you manage to get the wife to do a tattoo

He He HE
Old 11-05-2003, 03:18 AM   #25
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

I convinced her once.

NEVER AGAIN, it seems.

Old 11-05-2003, 03:34 AM   #26
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sly
Hey guys before this goes any further...

My grand father went through 2 wars and he had tattoo,s and i think he was the most professional person i ever met.

I have just turned 40 and i have kids and i believe this is my say if i want one or not....

Please no more comments about if i shoud or not ....
Like i said, i am old enough to make this decision....

Now anyone else with a good idea on a BMW tattoo....

Thanks guys
I said what I had to say! I'm not gonna carry it on at all. Whatever you decide to do... good luck with your tat decision.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2003, 06:25 AM   #27
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

sly ive had this idea in my head for 5 years know....... i dont have the balls!!!!

heres my idea, have you every seen that screen saver of the bmw globe revolving???, thats what i would get if i where you, its gona have to be one hell of a tattoo artised though........
Old 11-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #28
Gscott_80
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Gscott_80
Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch555
Why would you want to advertise a company on yourself? Especially for free also! lol I see no point in Tatoo's cuz you'll regret having one once you get a family and have kids. I'd NEVER want my kids to see my tatoo's. It would be a bad influence on them to see their father with a tatoo.
I understand that I am still drifting off of the subject here, but I find this type of thought to be incredibly offensive and narrow so....

Mitch555:

I have a wife and children, I probably have 50-60 tattoos if you were able to count them individually. I have no regrets about a single tattoo on my body. I also don't believe that it is a bad inluence to my family having tattoos, seeing as how I make far more than double what most people make, being involved in the tattoo industry. My son understands that it is important to be an adult before having one done, and understands that it is a permanent decision.

I also don't see how it "leads to harder shit". I have been tattoo'ed and tattooing for years and I do no drugs, I don't drink often and I don't go out and snatch old ladie's purses. It seems that your backward thinking will be far more damaging to your children than any tattoo.

Last edited by Gscott_80; 11-05-2003 at 08:59 AM.
Gscott_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:02 PM   #29
The Sly
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
sly ive had this idea in my head for 5 years know....... i dont have the balls!!!!

heres my idea, have you every seen that screen saver of the bmw globe revolving???, thats what i would get if i where you, its gona have to be one hell of a tattoo artised though........
same here, ive had this idea for a while...

Dont get me wrong ...i have not done it yet and i don't really know how i will feel when and if i get it done....

Try to get me this BMW Globe ....to refresh my memory...

Thanks Sly
Old 11-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #30
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Hey Sly.. how about a small BMW logo on the upper-middle of your back? between the shoulder blades. Round tattoo's look amazing there.

Leave your shoulders alone... tattoos are addictive and It'd be a shame to waste a great body location on a tiny bmw logo.
shoulders are for B I G art.
And for all you tattoo bashes... Fak Off
Im tat'd and proud off it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me3.jpg (91.3 KB, 638 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: