Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Tom
4th Gear Member

LSB Vert Max PSI Build thread

Hey gents, I have recently picked up a 02 LSB Vert on LSB interior with 84,000KM (Mid July I flew 2500km half way across the country and drove it back) The mod bug has hit me again, but this time around one of my best homies Aarron and I have installed all the parts in my own garage. The car was completely stock when I picked it up from an older gentleman and he was sad when I told him it will be soon be modded but I sent him current pics of the car after the rims and coils and he was suprised and said it looked awesome. I ordered the turbo kit about 4 weeks ago and I received the turbo kit this week on monday afternoon and so far I have about 80% of it installed, there were a couple small things missing that will be arriving early next week with the ECU, also the exhaust manifold didn't show up until thursday so I most likely would have had the car completed by now but not a big deal as the ECU won't be back in my hands till monday or tuesday, pretty much all I have left is vacuum lines, boost/afr gauges, trim the bumper, install the windshield washer relocate, fuel pump relay and a bit of wiring. The guys at MAX psi are great guys and they answer any of your questions, very professional and helpful. The instructions can use an update and maybe a few convertible tips too (mainly location of fuel pump relay)

So far the following mods have been installed

- TC Kline Dual adjustable Coil overs
- 19" Volk Te37 powder coated white
- Project kiks r40 neo chrome lug nuts with macht schnell wheel stud kit
- Custom LSB Brembo bbk 6 piston front, 4 piston rears
- Umnitza Orion V4 LED Angel eyes
- Paint match front bumper reflectors
- Max PSI stage 1 turbo kit (80% finished)
- Max PSI Exhaust system (touching the mid section back bracket and at the rear muffler where the brace is its touching, will this be a problem?)
- Bosch ignition coils

Parts to be installed

- OEM micro radio antenna
- OEM aux input retrofit
- OEM m3 LED tail lights
- Status gruppe CSL style front lip 2x2 CF
- Status gruppe CSL style rear diffuser 2x2 CF
- Status gruppe CSL style boot lid 2x2 CF
- Beisan vanos seals, rebuilt vanos solenoid, rattle kit, oil pump disk
- Lang engineering cam bolts
- Auto Solutions SSK 30%
- CDV delete
- Inspection 2 (oil change, tranny and diff oil change, micro filter, valve adjustment if needed, coolant flush, also rear diff seals might be shot as it seems theres a slight leak from the diff area)
- Max PSI subframe reinforcement kit

Future parts to purchase and install

-Fluidyne oil cooler
-BMW motorsports thermostat
-Zionville radiator kit
- Any future mod suggestions are welcome

PICS of the build in the link below not really in order, will update with pics of the last 20% of the build in the next few days as well as my honest review about the kit install/drivability.

http://imgur.com/a/R9LKL
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

Beautiful! Favorite colour
Old 09-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
dbworld4k

I remember seeing this gem for sale in Calgary about two winters ago. What a stunning and rare M3!

dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
Tom
4th Gear Member

Haha thanks guys!

The car started up first shot with no problems and so far so good, theres a weird rattle coming from the transmission area, posted a video of it... Also the we put spacers between the brackets where the exhaust was hitting and seems to be fine now, theres one coupler hitting the control arm I've also posted a pic of that... the car idles and drives great when cruising and WOT, all the settings MAX PSI gave us for the boost controller worked perfect, stays right at 9 PSI at WOT and about 10.9-11.3 AFR from what I saw... The exhaust sounds incredible and the blow off is very nice as well. We will be removing the valve cover gasket most likely tomorrow and tackle some of the vanos jobs...
PICS

http://postimg.org/gallery/qkbiocl0/d4c1685b/

VIDEOS

https://vimeo.com/user32369988/videos
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
Steve30
Techno Viking

Jeez, how much HP does one man need lol. The Max PSI kits look great. Sounds so sick in that 2nd video..

E36 ///M3 S54
STock 335i "The Punisher"
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
axxessdenied
1st Gear Newbie

This car is sweet! Sounds amazing. Love the stealthy front intercooler.

E9 is in need of restoration.
Want to add an M5 to the fleet as well.
axxessdenied is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: