Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

2002 Subaru WRX STI swap

Hey guys,

I'm testing the waters for my 02 WRX. I believe its actually the car they gave away at Hypermeet. When I picked it up it had a bad misfire on cylinder 2. It turns out it was a burnt exhaust valve. So I pulled the engine and replaced it with a V7 EJ207. The car is on a stock 02 trans, with a brand new (2000km since install) Exedy stage 1 clutch, with a fresh flywheel. The car was tuned by Andy at Neetronics, it made 270whp on a stock 2 1/4 exhaust and 91 octane. With a 3" and 94 it should crack 300whp no problem. The engine has solid compression and leak down and requires no maintenance as all items have been replaced. Aside from the tuning and warranty work. I've done all of it myself as it is my day job.

The body has 315k on it, and the engine has 90k (I saw the engine and cluster combo before purchase) The rear quarters have a bit of surface rust, other than that it's pretty clean.

The car just had an alignment and front control arms replaced at Budd's Subaru under warranty. I replaced all the brakes with Stoptech slotted rotors and pads. Suspension is tight, no weird noises or clunks, the PO took care of the car and was the original owner.

Drivetrain:

V7 EJ207
Gimmick turbo inlet
Grimmspeed 3 port (hooked up in 3 port for better boost control)
Megan racing 3" catless downpipe
AEM short ram intake with brand new AEM dry flow filter
STI Spec RA catback exhaust (single outlet with STI stamped logo)
Exedy Stage 1 clutch (New pilot bearing, TOB, and flywheel)
Custom AVCS harness with shielded wire just like factory
All fluids changed (Coolant, trans, diff, PS)
Hyperflow 4 port catch can with billet battery tie down (installed but not in pictures)

Suspension, wheel and brakes:

KYB GR2 replacement struts
Stoptech slotted rotors with painted hats
Stoptech pads
17" ASA wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak LM22s

Interior:

V7 STI cluster with shift light
ATI Steering pod
Innovate LC1 with DB gauge, brand new sensor installed
Prosport Boost 30psi boost gauge with peak and hold
Prosport Oil pressure gauge with peak and hold
Heated WRX seats
Rear toneau cover and factory trunk protector

The car starts up great every time (even in -20). I run Motul 5-30 synth. It has a valid emissions test done a few months ago. If you're not familiar with JDM swaps, you can't do OBD emissions as they don't show live data. So I have the stock WRX ecu with a custom self tune for emissions. You can put it in the car and drive it around with no check engine lights and all OBD emission monitors showing ready, so it will pass emissions if need be. Other than that it runs on the V7 ECU. The cluster is also the V7 STI showing 10x,000k I have the stock WRX one, along with the stock downpipe, which I will include.

I'm just testing the waters as I'm looking to buy a house and have too many cars already. This car is just a toy, I was planning on putting a 30R on it making quite the sleeper.

I'm looking for $7800 OBO. I have more into it then that, and some WRX's not swapped are going for the same. With some nice wheels and a set of coil overs it will be quite the car. Or just drive it the way it is and have fun and beat on unsuspecting cars.

If you have any questions PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Sam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: