Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #46
dbworld4k
Moderator
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ
Posts: 7,996


Quote:
Originally Posted by 85eta View Post
Drive more, worry less.

Things will break, cost money, need repairing, cause headache's etc, doesn't matter what we drive!

100% truth!
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended | '09 328i 6MT Space Gray + Saddle Brown

dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #47
bmw.ae
Parkview
 
bmw.ae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: YORKVILLE
Posts: 128
Why is everyone roasting the 330? my car read this thread and is now feeling selfconconcious.. I enjoy my 330 vert... It's not perfect but it's still fun to drive even in the automatic transmission.
__________________
2012 F30 328i Sport
2001 E46 330 cabrio - sold
1994 E36 325i cabrio - sold
1994 E36 320i sedan - RIP
bmw.ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #48
nachos23
SweetXi
 
nachos23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 993
Send a message via MSN to nachos23
I had a 2004 330xi. Was a blast to drive. Drive the shit out of it daily and sold it at 250,000km. Still going strong 2 years later. It was an amazing car; trouble free and a blast to drive. It'd keep up with M3s in the straightaway and kill them in the corners.
__________________
My Rides:
2009 335Xi
520HP
H&R coilovers
BBS LM wheels
//M sport package
BMW Personal Audio System

2000 Z3M
Conforti tuned
AFE CAI
++More to come this winter

nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #49
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
I had a 2004 330xi. Was a blast to drive. Drive the shit out of it daily and sold it at 250,000km. Still going strong 2 years later. It was an amazing car; trouble free and a blast to drive. It'd keep up with M3s in the straightaway and kill them in the corners.
Lol
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #50
dbworld4k
Moderator
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ
Posts: 7,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
It'd keep up with M3s in the straightaway and kill them in the corners.

__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended | '09 328i 6MT Space Gray + Saddle Brown

dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 AM   #51
The-Traveler
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GTA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
After spending the winter with a 02 325ci manual, I can say it is a great daily. Im not a fan of the plasticky interior and the hollow feeling/sounding doors, I preferred the E36s and e9x.

Interior gripes aside, it drove great and was better on gas than I expected, I doubt an 330i would match it. It's a great balance of power and fuel mileage for a daily, esp a winter one. I enjoyed being spirited with the gears before reaching triple digits. In the M3 and M5 you hit too fast speeds too fast, you can't really enjoy it as much as you would like.

That said if I had to live with only one car, and it was a car I was going to mod, I'd shoot for an M3. If it was a car I was going to rack up al ot of miles on and wanted lower operating costs, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a 325i. A 330i to me sits in the middle of those two and not worth the added risk of burning oil or other common problems that most 325s seem to avoid.
I just sold my ZHP which was a fantastic car and I was the second owner from 120 - 300,000. Original clutch still strong, engine well maintained and it never required any real work and pulled just like day one at 300K. Seriously.

It did burn oil However.

I'm now debating getting a beater for winter because the e92 m3 is a gas junkie, and I'm wondering what you were getting mileage wise on our 325?

According to fueleconomy.gov the 330 and 325 do the same.

See my attachment!
Attached Images
File Type: png Fuel Economy.PNG (140.7 KB, 36 views)
The-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #52
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: GTA
Posts: 9,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
I'm now debating getting a beater for winter because the e92 m3 is a gas junkie, and I'm wondering what you were getting mileage wise on our 325?
The BC button was broken on the car when I got it so I wasn't able to reset or see what the obc logged as mileage. However when I fixed it recently and it read 8.5L/100km, that was from a whole winter of driving. Now the obc isn't the most accurate. My driving doesn't involve a lot of highway driving, mostly a lot of short trips. Even with mixed driving I managed to get around 400km on the top half of the tank, I never really took it on a long road trip or ran it completely empty (esp in winter when it sits outside in freezing temps for days without driving) so i'm not sure how much better it would have been in better weather and summer gas. The few tanks that I did calculate I'm pretty sure it was sightly lower than the 8.5L/100km the obc said, but it's been a while and I sold the car a few weeks ago.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #53
The-Traveler
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GTA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
The BC button was broken on the car when I got it so I wasn't able to reset or see what the obc logged as mileage. However when I fixed it recently and it read 8.5L/100km, that was from a whole winter of driving. Now the obc isn't the most accurate. My driving doesn't involve a lot of highway driving, mostly a lot of short trips. Even with mixed driving I managed to get around 400km on the top half of the tank, I never really took it on a long road trip or ran it completely empty (esp in winter when it sits outside in freezing temps for days without driving) so i'm not sure how much better it would have been in better weather and summer gas. The few tanks that I did calculate I'm pretty sure it was sightly lower than the 8.5L/100km the obc said, but it's been a while and I sold the car a few weeks ago.
Thank you
The-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018