Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-10-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
BellaSignora
BimmerBitch

Anyone had to fix their canister purge control valve?

Hey All!!

Been a while since i've been on here.. my old girl is still going but got my emissions test coming up... Had some codes on my car P0444 being the culprit.. the other codes were P0171 &P0174.

My research tells me its the canister purge control valve. Has anyone else had to replace theirs?

Any help is appreciated...
2007 335i Sedan
2005 325 Sedan

BMW lover for Life! [/B][/B][/B]
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:42 AM   #2
jabela
6th Gear Member

The other codes could be CCV leak, or failing pre-cat O2 sensors. I just replaced mine at 190K km.

P0444 is the Purge Valve or also called (breather valve), its located in the front part of the engine, right behind the Power steering fluid tank. Its attached to the engine. it has a sensor attached to it and two hoses. Only the dealer has the part, and the cost is $120, it took me about 15 min to replace.
Here are the steps i took.
THE CAR MUST BE OFF

1. Remove the air filter with the air ducts(will give you more room)
2. Remove the power steering tank(2 screws) and just move it to the side(no need to remove the hose)
3. Remove the Purge Valve, its attached to the engine (similar attachment as the muffler) has a rubber part which attache to the engine.
4. Remove the sensor
5. Remove the bigger(thicker) hose(you have to push in/pres on the safety pin) when locked it sticks out, to unlock you must push in.
6. Remove the smaller(thinner) hose(coming from engine) twist and pull(might take a while)
7. You are done removing.

Installing the new Purge valve is much faster, You may encounter problems installing the smaller(thiner) hose.(i just greesed the tip of the purge valve and it went in with no problems)

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.maisonapothecare.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: