Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 01:33 AM   #46
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member
 
ROCKETMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,375


btw, whats the price differance between the E55 and CLS55?

I like this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cls55amg05_01.jpg (72.7 KB, 70 views)
__________________
ROCKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:49 AM   #47
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN
btw, whats the price differance between the E55 and CLS55?

I like this pic.
CLS55 AMG - $125,600 CDN
E55 AMG - $115,650.00 CDN
__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #48
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN
What AMG power said. AMG's are more than just stronger engine benzs. Maybe the M cars are better handling in comparison, but AMGs are no highway boat. They are tuned to perform in every way, just slightly more minded with comfort. And theres pretty much no way that ure gonna be able to exploit the limits of either cars. "Maybe" if you go to the track, but how often do you do that?
The E55 is a wicked car, its just that they made the new M5 soo amazing. Look at the E55 in comparison to the previous M5.
that was pretty much what i said. E55 AMG handles very good as a road car. but comparably it just fall short of M5.

since you brought it up. there aren't many test of E39 M5 v E55 AMG. but i managed to find one from Can and Driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6567

notice, although E55 is clearly the fastest of the group. Car and Driver still placed M5 (which is one generation behind the E55) in front of E55. simply because it is a better driver's car.

make no mistake, i know a lot of E39 M5 owners replacing their car with E55 AMG. and although they generally are happy with their decision, they all agree E55 handles nothing like the 6 years old M5.

E39 M5 is still an amazing car.
__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #49
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
that was pretty much what i said. E55 AMG handles very good as a road car. but comparably it just fall short of M5.

since you brought it up. there aren't many test of E39 M5 v E55 AMG. but i managed to find one from Can and Driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6567

notice, although E55 is clearly the fastest of the group. Car and Driver still placed M5 (which is one generation behind the E55) in front of E55. simply because it is a better driver's car.

make no mistake, i know a lot of E39 M5 owners replacing their car with E55 AMG. and although they generally are happy with their decision, they all agree E55 handles nothing like the 6 years old M5.

E39 M5 is still an amazing car.
Maybe, I never driven m5 either I'm sure new m5 would be a blast to drive, I loved SMGII on the m3 !!!
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #50
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Maybe, I never driven m5 either I'm sure new m5 would be a blast to drive, I loved SMGII on the m3 !!!
I absolutely loved my SMGII in the M3!

One time I had a 'fixed' up GTI come up beside me, gloating me to race.
You should have seen the look on his face when I downshifted from 6 to 3rd in three rapid successions and rev-matching each gear perfectly...
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 02-03-2005 at 03:37 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #51
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,881
you can downshift from 6-3 just like that ???
maybe im not understanding which is perfectly possible
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #52
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MAC
you can downshift from 6-3 just like that ???
maybe im not understanding which is perfectly possible
Yup.
Just hit the '-' paddle three times.
The car will automatically rev the engine, and shift to the lower gear once the revs match the lower gear to your road speed. Once it's downshifted, it'll start the procedure over again, and again until it arrives at the gear you request, or the engine has reached it's limits at the road speed your going.
(If your on the highway at 60 mph., and hit the paddles 5 times, it won't shift to 1st, it'll stop at 3rd, as any lower would cause an overrev).
It's the ideal way to downshift, as you don't upset the rear of the car, especially when your car's on a tight turn.
Sometime's I'd just downshift just for the hell of it!
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 02-03-2005 at 04:01 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #53
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member
 
ROCKETMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
that was pretty much what i said. E55 AMG handles very good as a road car. but comparably it just fall short of M5.

since you brought it up. there aren't many test of E39 M5 v E55 AMG. but i managed to find one from Can and Driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6567

notice, although E55 is clearly the fastest of the group. Car and Driver still placed M5 (which is one generation behind the E55) in front of E55. simply because it is a better driver's car.

make no mistake, i know a lot of E39 M5 owners replacing their car with E55 AMG. and although they generally are happy with their decision, they all agree E55 handles nothing like the 6 years old M5.

E39 M5 is still an amazing car.

yeah. I have that issue. But I also have an issue of Road&Track where the E55 finishes above that M5. (June 2003)

btw, since the RS6 won there (would have in R&T too, except for the price), imagine what the upcoming V10 RS6 is gonna be like
__________________
ROCKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #54
TiemenT
6th Gear Member
 
TiemenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 2,252
Send a message via MSN to TiemenT
sorry 2 say AMG_Power.. but the V10 owns you on the straight.. and on the circuit..

but nevertheless.. the E55 AMG is a great car.. my second option after the V10
__________________

Don't steel Pasta's SIG!

------------------------------------------------
- Range Rover Hamann 5.0 Vogue V8 Sold for M5
- BMW ///M3 CSL
- E60 M5 on April 12th !
TiemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #55
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiemenT
sorry 2 say AMG_Power.. but the V10 owns you on the straight.. and on the circuit..

but nevertheless.. the E55 AMG is a great car.. my second option after the V10

Well its not proven yet, when i'll race an m5 ont he highway and it will beat me, i will say yes its faster on the straights, but yet I havnt raced one,

P.s wait for the new 6.3 with 7 speed...

And how about some shots of your CLS?
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #56
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,377
Send a message via MSN to lvan
I think BMW Toronto will get the first M5.

To me E55 and M5 are great cars .Owning M5 is kinda more special because I see E55 s all over yorkmills ..Especialy after you pass Leslie while going westbound.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #57
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan
Owning M5 is kinda more special because I see E55 s all over yorkmills ..Especialy after you pass Leslie while going westbound.
Wahahaha... Thats because E55 been around for 2 years, and m5 is another half a year away....

I admit that after 3-4 years i might buy m5... Just like the SMG... Altho i very much dislike the interrior of 5er!!!
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #58
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Wahahaha... Thats because E55 been around for 2 years, and m5 is another half a year away....

I admit that after 3-4 years i might buy m5... Just like the SMG... Altho i very much dislike the interrior of 5er!!!
there's actually a lot of E39 M5s in Toronto. during office hours, almost 1 out of 5 5-series is a M5 in downtown Toronto. and i have no doubt BMW will sell a lot of E60 M5s. in another word, M5 will probably not be a very rare car 3 to 4 years into production.
__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #59
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN
yeah. I have that issue. But I also have an issue of Road&Track where the E55 finishes above that M5. (June 2003)

btw, since the RS6 won there (would have in R&T too, except for the price), imagine what the upcoming V10 RS6 is gonna be like
ya, i just dig up my magazine collection and read that M5 v E55 v RS6 v S-type R article again.

Road and Track absolutely loves the E55! this is probably the most positive E55 review i've read.

AMG_POWER, i'll try to get you the article online if you haven't already read it.
__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #60
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
ya, i just dig up my magazine collection and read that M5 v E55 v RS6 v S-type R article again.

Road and Track absolutely loves the E55! this is probably the most positive E55 review i've read.

AMG_POWER, i'll try to get you the article online if you haven't already read it.

Yeah i have every single one...
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2017