Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 01:55 PM   #16
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,881


damn... cant wait to see it at the auto show.. i wanna hear it too.. damn i ur ****EN lucky
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:49 PM   #17
Betray
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 4,353
Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCKER
what is your problem man? all you do is brag about your benz. dont know why your on maxBIMMER anywayz. not everyones daddy can buy them a e55. try working for your own money, relax with the constant showing off. you are so anoying!

You are also one of the biggest post whores... look at all the useless posts you contribute! Get a life. rant over

Stfu loser, just cause you drive some shit box dont mean you gotta get mad at someone who can afford something better then you. Not one of his posts are a repost, and they are ussally in off topic and have some funny videos, if its not in offtopic, hes got the latest pictures of upcomming BMWs, and in racing section he talks about who he raced.. so how is he a post whore? as for him being on maxbimmer, he owned a BMW before, to bad it was crap to him

Its not like he brags about his car being better then "yours" he just made a funny comment about the latest M5 being slower then a old E55.

die n00b
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #18
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member
 
ROCKETMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,375
How fast are the M5 and E55 in acceleration?
I know that the E55 is about 4.3. M5?
__________________
ROCKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #19
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
before E55 shifts out of first gear, E55 should be ahead of M5. but after E55 shift from first to second, M5 will pick up, overtake, and the difference will keep getting bigger.

but straight line acceleration is hardly the point of M5 isn't it?
__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #20
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
before E55 shifts out of first gear, E55 should be ahead of M5. but after E55 shift from first to second, M5 will pick up, overtake, and the difference will keep getting bigger.

but straight line acceleration is hardly the point of M5 isn't it?
I agree... plus the E55 engine is detuned.... it is proven you can get more reliable power out of it, I think i'm gonna get headers for my car, because srock headers are very restrictive ! Thats another 30 hp...
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:32 AM   #21
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
I agree... plus the E55 engine is detuned.... it is proven you can get more reliable power out of it, I think i'm gonna get headers for my car, because srock headers are very restrictive ! Thats another 30 hp...
detune? i thought some people from MBworld dyno the engine and it turns out to have similar poweroutput as SL55 AMG.

is that what you mean?
__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #22
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
detune? i thought some people from MBworld dyno the engine and it turns out to have similar poweroutput as SL55 AMG.

is that what you mean?
Well it seems like it, but what we also discovered is that the engine is capable of producing more power, as i said before simple thing as header is giving E55 as more as 15% in power output!

and i'm not even gonna talk about pulleys and ECU upgrades up to 580 hp with 646ft of trq, the main problem of the engine is heat, if MB would make more cooling for E55 that would be one insane motor.
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:07 AM   #23
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Well it seems like it, but what we also discovered is that the engine is capable of producing more power, as i said before simple thing as header is giving E55 as more as 15% in power output!

and i'm not even gonna talk about pulleys and ECU upgrades up to 580 hp with 646ft of trq, the main problem of the engine is heat, if MB would make more cooling for E55 that would be one insane motor.
like the car need any more power than it already has.

there's never any doubt of that 5.5L supercharged V8. if MB can afford to put a 600bhp+ output of same engine into production, then i am sure there's way to get your engine to output more than that.

but is your chassis as capable of the engine??
__________________
Flickr

Last edited by tifosi; 02-02-2005 at 01:10 AM.
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:55 AM   #24
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
but is your chassis as capable of the engine??
I dont know, cant answer that question, but i dont see the reason why wouldn't it, the other problem is the traction!
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:57 AM   #25
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
the other problem is the traction!
you just answer the question.

why ask for even more power if the car cannot manage to put down the power properly?
__________________
Flickr

Last edited by tifosi; 02-02-2005 at 02:35 AM.
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:46 AM   #26
AMG_POWER
500HP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 9,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi
you just answer the question.

why ask for even more power if the car cannot manage to put down the power properly?
On the other hand, here's the guy with Kleemann stage 3 and 619 HP !


http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94458
__________________
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:18 AM   #27
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Bunch of kids always talking about who's faster on a quarter mile race......

Don't get me wrong, I drag race likely more than anyone here, but it's just ONE aspect of a car's performance. Not the de-facto standard.

I don't care how much power a Merc puts out. That's all it can do.
The new M5 on the Nurburgring will DECIMATE any Merc, including the SL65 with over 600 HP. That is a true mark of a sportscar.

I'd swear most of you should own Mustangs instead of BMW's the way some of you go on and on about judging cars by their HP numbers......
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 02-02-2005 at 09:20 AM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #28
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
On the other hand, here's the guy with Kleemann stage 3 and 619 HP !


http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94458
No biggie.

They're are all kinds of Z06's with FI putting out higher numbers than that on the stock block. Anyone can make big power with FI.

Want to impress me? Show me a production Merc that can do the Nurburgring in less than 8 minutes.

Merc's are great cars for what their designed for. If I was looking for a fast, luxo cruiser, Merc's would be at the top of the list. Just don't go around comparing it to a M5, irregardless how much HP the Merc has. All the production Merc's are way out of their league.
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 02-02-2005 at 09:41 AM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #29
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,881
sorry to get in the middle here but last night coming home from extreme, on the 407 exit at young, I coulda sworn i saw the NEW m5 in silver or some dark dark color, I SAW THE RIMS and i was LIKE WTF THATS THE M5, almost hitting the light pole at that intersection, (hence i wasnt looking forward), but i didnt have time to turn around because of the island that goes along young at that section....

could it have been the new m5 or just someone getting the rims from an after market company???
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #30
tifosi
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,008
Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MAC
sorry to get in the middle here but last night coming home from extreme, on the 407 exit at young, I coulda sworn i saw the NEW m5 in silver or some dark dark color, I SAW THE RIMS and i was LIKE WTF THATS THE M5, almost hitting the light pole at that intersection, (hence i wasnt looking forward), but i didnt have time to turn around because of the island that goes along young at that section....

could it have been the new m5 or just someone getting the rims from an after market company???
um...interesting.
i think it's not very likely that you saw the real M5. because the US-spec M5 isn't ready, and i don't think BMW test their cars in Toronto.

i think it's most likely that you saw a 5-series with M5 rims, which i've seen quite a few in Toronto.

i am not ruling out the possibilities though.


__________________
Flickr
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2017