Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
sirex
King Sirex

Anyone else sick of the club district?

I live downtown, only a few blocks from the club district. Ive never been big on clubs because of all the bullshit associated with them. Long lines, asshole bouncers, cover charge, coat charge, asshole patrons. Therefore I never really go clubing unless a) im going with an organized group that either is getting bottle service b)know somoene at the club that will let me get in for free or without line.

Well last night I went to Embassy on Peter. I was running really late I had a family function to attend, and promised my buddies I would show up and it was this chicks b-day so I had to show my face. My one friend got to the club at 11:20, they made him wait in line. I showed up at 11:50, and he was still in line waiting. There were about 20 people infront of him and about 10 people behind him. He hadn't moved an inch since he got there. I joined him figured it wont be long till we get in anyway. Well at 12:20 we hadn't moved an inch. Guest list ends at 11:30, my buddy's been there the entire time. So we got fed up. My friend text our friends inside say "**** this were peacing out" my friend didn't want us to not show up so he said hed tip the bouncers to get us in. 20$ a head. 40$ to get us to by pass 20 people. Fine. then we need to pay cover.

I ask, well, wtf we were on guest list for reduced cover, and we had to wait like 1 hour plus we have to pay full cover as well? At least, w/e Ill pay full cover I came late, but my friends gotta pay full cover whos been waiting over an hour? Ya, you have to pay full cover. 15$. Whatver, **** it.

So anyway we get into the club and its not even that ****ing full. Ya I mean there are people there, it aint empty or anything, but it aint rammed. The only thing going for the place was that they had cheap drinks 4.50$ a drink. Wow what a great ****ing deal for 15$ cover.

Anyway, moral of the story is that the club district is full of bullshit. You know what, I realize the clubs want to keep a line because it makes it look busy and attract attention. But people aren't stupid, they know whats going on. If youre AT capacity, then fine, ****ing tell us, so I can leave. Anyway Im just really pissed off about the experience, and I certainly wont be going to Embassy again any time soon, if it matters, or maybe just for shits and giggles I ll sent a nice email to their customer support team, if they even have one/care.

For the amount of pretentiousness from such a shitty club, its unbelievable. Its in a ****ing basement for **** sakes. After pissing me off waiting in line, then the stupid bar tender expected more tip.I ordered 2 beers. It was 9$. I gave her a 10$. She looked at me as if I had just commited sin. Im not even going to tip in clubs any more. for now on Im just throwing them exact change. Im going to go to a club with 5$ bills, and some lose change and throw exact change at them. If they want to know why im not typing them, they can ask their management why the **** they are pissing off their customers.

Seems like the better clubs/lounges are in the west. Like the Social, Drake, etc. Not as retarded. Every time Ive been to the social Ive had a great time with no bullshit hassle like this. Or some of the place up on college. W.e

/rant

Last edited by sirex; 11-29-2009 at 08:53 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
who waits in line to get in the club?...
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

Well this is what happens when you go late. You get treated like shit.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

as notorious big says..."party and bullshit"
Old 11-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I know what you mean. Also I think Danforth is not what it used to be.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
arek
3rd Gear Member

Clubbing was cool when you were 18 years old, single.. and went out with friends looking for some PUSSSSSAY!

I'm 25, and already feel to old for that shit...

so lame.

Maybe im just lame
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
sirex
King Sirex

you dont still want pussy?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
arek
3rd Gear Member

^^

I'm married with 1 child
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
abc12
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
you dont still want pussy?
where would u recommend for that.
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #10
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I go clubbing:
-In europe
-When someone i know owns the club. (Or at least know someone that works there)

Most of all, i just dont find it fun anymore. I rather spend a night in bed with my wife than getting drunk with girls i dont know.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
carscoe
Astranaut

I can agree to the fact that clubs these days are just shit. All the ones in windsor have gotten so bad that paying cover at all..regardless of the time just seems wrong.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #12
Aloush
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscoe View Post
I can agree to the fact that clubs these days are just shit. All the ones in windsor have gotten so bad that paying cover at all..regardless of the time just seems wrong.
when i used to live in windsor i went once to 29 park.. There were atleast 4 huge brawls thats night.. and bouncer never kicked them out after. Then i went to "the beach" i think its called and everyone there seemed to know each other. But it wasnt bad.

__________________________________________________ _____

I rarely go clubbing but been to Luxy and its very nice, lota nice looking chicks and always had luck fishing. Barely any fights.
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone View Post
who waits in line to get in the club?...
Ugly people. You see, us beautiful people get into the club right away. Hell, even the doors at the grocery store open for us.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #14
daytona
6th Gear Member

yeah getting old,before we go to clubs get wasted,wake up with hangover and try to remember who we met or where we puked.I rather chill out at a friends place,go to a nice bistro with good buddies and talk about the "good times" and how our investments are doing.The club scene is really really over rated these days in Toronto.So many copies of Euro and New York clubs wannabes and so much drugs these clubs are selling as "juice boost" or "slams drinks".Cops could go to any clubs in the district and easily find these pushers.The problem is now too many punks are armed in the is area so if you expect a one on one fight you better be warned.Those days are over.They shoot you in the head rather than take you on one to one.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
Ugly people. You see, us beautiful people get into the club right away. Hell, even the doors at the grocery store open for us.
Welcome to Quahog's Beautiful People's Club!

Family Guy reference incase you're shitfaced while reading this post, asking "the ****?"

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: