Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

Ukraine deadly flu..this is very very serious

http://www.prisonplanet.com/40000-co...-kills-30.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl....html?ITO=1490

this is bascially three different flu combined to make one "super flu"...I heard that Ukraine might be a "no fly zone" within weeks if its not contained.WHO is sending a whole "epic team" which handles deadly diseases and try and isolate the source of the virus.Scary stuff people.....
Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
pawcio
6th Gear Member

it hasn't really been covered here in the media. potential for what's called antigenic shift. it's how the flu can get more virulent. definitely something to keep an eye on.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
daytona
6th Gear Member

this is a serious virus,its spreading to everyone,do matter what age.I didnt know about until one of customers said she was suppose to fly over there to visit her mom and the mom told her to stay home.She said almost everyone there is wearing mask and hospitals are swamped with "flu related" illness.This is like mutating H1N1 flu which researchers know nothing about.Could be a bio chemical test that went wrong?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7yn3...eature=related

Last edited by daytona; 11-16-2009 at 12:24 PM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
.Could be a bio chemical test that went wrong?.
probably not. but the h1n1 virus is going around at the same time as seasonal flu and what can happen is that the viruses may cause disease in some groups of people separately but then by chance, like what may have happened in ukraine, they may undergo what is called antigenic shift and a new subtype virus may emerge that is more efficient at infecting people than either of the original two viruses. this only needs to happen once and can quickly spread and make people sick at an alarming rate.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Remember, there's an election in ukraine soon, lots of people have reason to exaggerate.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
BigD
the misanthropist

you have no chance to survive make your time

Old 11-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Pawcio you getting a shot for this too?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
Pawcio you getting a shot for this too?
actually no, but you seem very skeptical of everything. i'm sure if we initially talked face to face you wouldn't be so blunt. is there something wrong with what i wrote?

if a astronomer or astrophysicist tells me about black holes i don't mock them.
if a tailor tells me about sewing i don't mock them.
if an civil engineer tells me about building design i don't mock them.
if a car mechanic tells me about an ecu i don't mock them.
get the point.

its fine to question stuff and try to find your own answers or very what other people say but don't be rude. everyone has their own area of expertise. i don't know what you do for a living but i probably have limited knowledge about it so i wouldn't be an a-hole to you about it.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

I notice you catch feelings really quickly, in quite a few posts. You love arguing with people and you always go about proving your point and that you are always right. That your choice is the right one and everyone elses is wrong. I dont really care what you think, what i said was a little joke that you clearly can not take. Just take it easy and do your thang.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #10
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I notice you catch feelings really quickly, in quite a few posts. You love arguing with people and you always go about proving your point and that you are always right. That your choice is the right one and everyone elses is wrong. I dont really care what you think, what i said was a little joke that you clearly can not take. Just take it easy and do your thang.
it's not an opinion about how antigenic shift works. or what and how virulence of certain pathogens changes. i didn't argue about anything i just explained about how influenza virus can evolve to a more virulent form. it happened before in 1918 with the spanish flu. nothing new.

kinda feel like copernicus trying to tell people that the earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around. it's cool if you don't believe basic biology. i don't want to step on your toes and impose on your beliefs so if i offended you with my explanation of how flu can evolve, i'm sorry.

Last edited by pawcio; 11-16-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
...what i said was a little joke that you clearly can not take. Just take it easy and do your thang.
sarcasm doesn't always come out while typing comments on the internet.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
Shuks
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
if a astronomer or astrophysicist tells me about black holes i don't mock them.
You better question him though; he could(will) be wrong and happily accept it. That's the beauty of science.

Can't say the same about tailors and engineers. They work inside the box within defined parameters. Gravity works the same way today as it did when the Sears building went up. Or the twin towers came down.

Medical sciences on the other hand are run by a bunch of tools that are funded by the big Corporations. Real time experiments are what they are looking for. And guinea pigs (willing ones are even better) that take whatever they say in their stride are a bonus = most Canadians!

Keep in mind that statistics still show that more people will die of regular flu than H1N1. Pandemic? I don't think so.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...nfections.aspx

GSK made a deal with the government and kept to their promise of providing said amount of vaccinations. The pressure was on the government to keep their end of the bargain and get rid of all that stockpile...
Shuks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #13
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Pawcio no offence taken here. As long as non take on your end. No need for any sort of bashing.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:07 AM   #14
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-
hey daytona/everybody would you be even more concerned if i told you as of the 16th the death toll is at 315!?

Quote:
Influenza death toll reaches 315 people in Ukraine

16 November 2009 | 21:24 | FOCUS News Agency

Kiev. According to the official data of Ukrainian Ministry of Health number of people that died from acute viral infections in Ukraine numbers 315, RIA Novosti announced.
16 people have died in the last 24 hours. Ukraine declared flu epidemic in the end of October.

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n200614
please note the (intentional?) epic fail of our media that loves to hype fear for ratings!!?
type ukraine swine or h1n1 into google news very different numbers or none at all!

fel could attest I posted this on bfc a week+ ago or something, didn't do it here cause i may have been busy replying to other things, didn't want to be 'that guy' on this one, on here

so you all knew about baxter 'accidentally' mixing highly lethal h1n5/bird & highly contagious h1n1/swine into 72kilo's of regular seasonal Flu vaccine sent to 16 eu/countries back in Feb09, right.? some lowly lab tech caught it before it was sent out en masse

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...227?hub=Health
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #15
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

Fuuuu looks like its ramping up

Quote:
Health Ministry: Flu, respiratory diseases claim 344 lives in Ukraine

Today at 20:36 | Interfax-Ukraine The current flu epidemic and other acute respiratory diseases in Ukraine has claimed 344 lives by Wednesday evening, the Health Ministry said.

It said 18 people had died of such diseases in the previous 24 hours.

The ministry said 1.502 million people had contracted such illnesses since the epidemic broke out and that 44,781 had fallen ill in the past 24 hours.

A total of 83,904 people have been hospitalized since the start of the epidemic, and 54,407 of them have been discharged from the hospital by Wednesday evening.

The ministry also said 2,878 people had been hospitalized for the previous 24 hours.

The ministry has published no separate statistics on cases of A/H1N1 influenza or swine flu

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/nation/detail/53138/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: